Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Metos posted:

Yeah there's a mission that's the end of light side 4 I think where it's 5 recon Stormtroopers who immediately all throw their grenades, if you survive that with more than 3 party members alive good job, because once you whittle down the troopers with your tanks you reach stage 2, which is 6 recon troopers who immediately throw their grenades.

I just never went back, despite being 8 levels higher now then when I unlocked that mission.

Light side 4 is such garbage. I got almost 20 levels over the Hard mode dudes and I still can't 3 star those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Changes that should be made to this game:

1. Stunned characters should not be able to dodge attacks

2. Characters should be able to counter attacks that they dodge/deflect

3. Add more characters

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I've been playing this for so long without knowing the "right" way. I'm getting my rear end handed to me in arena and struggling to break the top 1000 in my bracket. I finally got Sid, Daka, and Lumi today so hopefully I can start gearing them up and turning that around.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Games like this don't make their money off of hitting the magic price point to get casual players to buy a pack or two. They make such insane amounts of money off whales that whether the individual dude is going to spend $5 a week or $0 a week is of no real consequence to them.

That said, I've only bought the Dooku starter and the week of gems and don't plan on buying anything else unless it's crazy good or crazy cheap.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
RNG isn't weighted towards the AI. (watches enemy Sidious dodge 4 times in a row)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I'm confused why no one else is loving Resistance Pilot. He is pretty fast, has insane crits, and with Sid, crits a lot, and he gains meter when he crits, so win-win. He's super good at sniping other high damage targets before they get to do anything.
The highest standard-attack crit I've seen (with Sid lead) so far is 3400, gear level 6 (I think I have one item equipped in there), level 51, 4*.

Str: 244 (+10), AGI 441 (+10), Phys Damage 834, Phys Crit 213, crit damage +150%. He gains 20% turn meter on a crit or evade, and a 50% to expose, 65% foresight on his ability. Hip fire has a 55% chance to gain 20% turn meter as well, which stacks with crit turn meter (so I've seen him attack twice in a row in arena).

He's basically in GW B Team zone with Luke for me right now. He just doesn't have enough utility and survivability for me to use him on my main team.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

This makes a lot of sense. Who are you using for high damage in your team?

I'm only in the 300s currently so my advice may not matter. Currently my damage people are Sid, Lumi, and Dooku. I may drop Dooku for Luke as he's starting to lag behind a bit.

I'm definitely built more towards survival than damage output which I've found has gotten me more consistent wins but the occasional time out. The upside is that I haven't lost ground in PVP in days.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
3 starred all of Light Side Chapter 5. :suicide:

5-H Light Side is two waves of Super Battle Droids, 4 then 6. That poo poo was such a drat pain in the rear end until I kitted out Luke and Resistance Trooper as high as they can currently go.

I'm mostly done with Chpater 5 on Dark Side as well. Now for the never ending grind towards level 6 and 7 gear.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Actually it looks like that's 6->7, not 5->6 but the rest stands. I had purple Vader basically as soon as I got him, but I don't think I even have a place to farm the materials for Anakin yet.

Yeah I misspoke and this is actually what I meant. 6-7 is what I'm working on for Chewie, Sid, Daka, and Lumi right now and Lumi and Daka are both down to one item left with 20 purps required for them.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah I love getting them down to just Chewie and bringing in people who need heals/cooldown refills.

Yesterday I decided to just start with my A Squad in GW and made it all the way to the end with them intact. Mainly because of mostly easy matchups. I did end up swapping out other people for the last battle just to play it safe.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Day one of purp grinding and I'm averaging 2 material drops per 120 stamina. Is that supposed to be so low? It's going to take weeks to get people up to 7.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

Do you high end guys still do the 5 hard mission daily activity? 60 energy seems like a lot when I need tons of purple materials.

I'm closing in on 60 and while expensive in terms of stamina, I still go for my daily Dooku and Resistance Pilot shards. That's enough for the five hard levels, 10 total levels (which is a joke anyway), and three each Light and Dark missions.

I've been going for three refreshes a day in hopes of getting my main team up to at least gear level 7 and am just hoping my stored up crystals don't burn out before then.

E: Welp, the retreat button is gone from GW. :rip: easy GW points.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 9, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kegslayer posted:

It's gone for me as well. I'm pretty sure it was there earlier.

Edit: oh wait it shows up after you've taken a turn. I guess you can just shove a team in and then bail out after they've been hit

Weird. I'm pretty sure I was able to retreat on my first turn before but I didn't really pay that close of attention.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

oops wrong forum posted:

What team/lvl did you use when you beat him? I mean it was face-smashing like I really wasn't expecting

Personally I just schooled him a couple days ago with a team of all people in the 50-52 range except Asajj who is like level 40 and gear level 2 because I only use her for DS missions.

Team was:
Borrowed Phasma
Sid leader
Dooku
Daka
Talia
Asajj

I had him stunlocked and dead in like two turns.

Dooku is a beast for high level Dark SIde missions. Your boss is like 99% of the time going to be a Jedi and a leveled Force Lightning with his natural speed means that you can pretty much keep them stunned for 2/3 of their turns and with Daka and Asajj on backup you may just tie down your biggest threat for the whole battle.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah farming shards from Hard battles is a slow and unreliable process. Which is why people tend to stick with characters that can be farmed up in other ways.

I really like Dooku so I'm doing his daily and sometimes I'll do Resistance Pilot. It's a long grind.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

rabidsquid posted:

When I a farming gear, if there's a piece that drops in a hard battle that has an interesting character shard, I typically hit that up. Been getting in some Fives farming that way lately.

It's taking me roughly 120 gear per mark 7 blue gear drop, and i need 5 to craft poo poo. Ugh.

Just wait until you gotta start farming out multiple purple items that require 20 purple drops each for one gear slot. I'm getting two refills a day and still not completing a gear slot a day right now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah but then I just wouldn't play it, just like PAD.

I'm not really complaining, I still play this a lot after all, but I'd really like to get at least my arena team fully up to gear level 7 so I can stop dicking around in the 200s.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

commish posted:

18 out of the top 20 teams in my Arena have Phasma as their leader. 18!! That's crazy. I mean, I understand why I guess, with the buff the AI gets, there will be a follow up attack at least 50% of the time. I haven't even unlocked her yet. I'm still going with Sid.

Yeah does her leader ability benefit from Tenacity or anything? I've faced down enemy Phasma teams that will get bonus attacks for 3 out of 4 attacks. Like consistently.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah but the higher you get in Arena the faster you get those sweet sweet Sid shards.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Where I'm at I can usually take him out before their tank taunts but not before he gets an attack off. Then I just have to hope he uses his AOE or the person he hits can survive without healing for a while.

This of course does not take into account the computer's propensity to dodge/deflect 30% of my attacks.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zotix posted:

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of not slotting Sid in on arena battles. He definitely has a purpose and I'd get him to 7* again first, but I think I'd rather come up with a solid team of damage dealers. If FOTP doesn't get heavily nerfed I can see fielding teams that 1 or 2 shot characters and just saying gently caress any healing that might be done, and just power through the defense.

Yeah I can see this. I love when teams with 2-3 healers all blow their cooldown for one dude who is damaged and has the debuff up, though. If they ever "fix" the AI he may not be quite as valuable.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of which, is there a recommended time to switch over from getting Daka/Lumi shards to Poe/Phasma shards? My Daka is about to hit 5 stars and my Lumi is about to hit 6.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My only real concern is that Poe/Phasma may be moved out of shipments when the new patch hits. But I suppose if that happens I'll be boned anyway.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

I decided against joining the Sid bandwagon and am using Asajj instead. I also have Dakka and Talia benefitting from her leader bonus. So far today I'm 3/3on arena battles at level 55 and rank in the 60-70s. It's an all lady team, the other two are phasma and luminara. All gear 7 and 5 stars. Made some poor shard choices early but I'm pretty happy with the team now.

I actually got Asajj first because I did not know any better and while I do actually regret it, she does do some work in dailies/dark side missions/C team GW shenanigans. Her with Daka and Dooku gives you a good amount of stun and being able to strip off buffs in AOE can do well against tanks or damage up teams.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm excited about ships and hope it adds a third energy meter.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

Does the shipment refresh cost go up?

Yes.

Malgrin posted:

I have a theory, but I am way past the point of being able to test it. I think that whenever a sub-item for gear is able to be crafted, it counts that as a thing.

I'm like 99% certain this is correct. Not that it matters because eventually you will have so many useless level 1 dudes that could be geared or given skill levels that the alert would be full anyway.

Also :woop: I finally hit 60 today and got Sid up to 6 stars. Progress is so slow at this point though. Chewie and Sid both need like 60 purple items each to hit gear level 7 and I'm only bringing in about 15 a day even with stamina refreshes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah the force close thing is great for when the enemy dodges like four times in a row or actually gets its poo poo together and focuses down one of your dudes.

Just keep in mind that you'll need to either change your strategy or your team otherwise everything will happen again exactly the same way. Interestingly I had one yesterday where my Resistance Pilot and an enemy Resistance Pilot apparently had the same speed or whatever because in a couple of restarts it would vary a bit because it was a toss up which one would go first which would alter how the enemy behaved.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Most importantly, 3 new tiers for the training droid daily. :woop: One of them requires level 84 though. :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

quote:

New Challenges
- New tiers will unlock for all available challenges as players level from 60-70, offering greater rewards.

My rear end. They didn't add any new tiers for the gear dailies.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Getting Dooku cracked out will be great but I don't know how many thousands of years it's going to take for me to get that far.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mr. Neutron posted:

I hope you didn't like winning GW.

"We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting."

So does this mean it will stop matching you with whale death squads since they are making them "fair and consistent"?

GW is probably still going to be regularly doable but you're going to have to spend a lot more time quitting then changing up your team/order/tactics to find that sweet spot where you don't get murderized every match.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zotix posted:

I've said it before GW is just not fun. And that sucks because it's supposed to be fun. For me, it's the constant healing debuffs. I personally switched it up today and went Barris leader and I finished in about 20 minutes. It's still a poo poo show at times when it's round after round with Kylo and Sid healing debuffing everything.

I enjoyed it before the change. There was strategy involved and it was doable. I would kill to have your problem though, I can usually kill Sid or Kylo before they become an issue but I always run into Phasma where her and her pals will bonus attack one of my dudes to death from full before I can get a heal off.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
F2P phone game developers often make questionable design decisions in the interest of driving people towards spending money. I'm not going to claim to know why they changed it but hopefully if people complain enough they'll at least address the matchmaking issues and maybe even revert the change.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

afkmacro posted:

What the gently caress is this garbage? I'm level 50 btw.

That's an example of GW being "fair and consistent".

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

They didn't do that part yet, you big baby.

Ha ha. What are you even talking about?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't know if this was mentioned but apparently you can still 3 star missions if you revive a character.

Also these new Cantina missions don't gently caress around. I think I'm just going to focus on Kylo shards until I get up to 70 then go for the rest.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mooktastical posted:

What's your team comp + star rating?

I'm saving most of my energy until after the refresh, but I'm probably going to try to Zerg cantina as far as I can afterwords.

I don't have anything super crazy. Sid leader with Chewie, Daka, Lumi, and Dooku. All are gear level 7 and level 60. Dooku is 4 star, Daka is 5 star, and everyone else is 6. I just did the first new level and everything was hitting for around 2k with normal attacks. Dooku went down fast but I was able to revive him and 3 star it. I'm sure I could dig a little deeper but I'm not going to force it unless I know I can make it all the way to the Dooku shards.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I just cleared a GW and got about 900 total for the whole thing :shrug:

Could have been a fluke.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I decided to just start working on my Light Side/Dark Side teams today so I can push through further in those missions. Down to 300k credits though :saddowns:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I bought two 8 packs near when I started the game and got Han and Teebo and shards for a bunch of one star dudes. gently caress packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't know what determines GW matchups but I've been very fortunate with my teams since they changed retreating. I"m still clearing one a day, I just don't ever change my team except to bring in fodder on the last round.

E: I tend to hover around 100 in Arena and just snipe someone in the 90s with a few minutes left each day. My group is pretty consistent from 130-90.

• Locked thread