Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I'm watching the first season of the Clone wars and Jesus like 80% of the characters are from the first few episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hardmode really is bullshit. They need to do it like Future Fight and just let you get the 3 a day.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ularg posted:

I've noticed that you get slightly higher shard drop rate from Cantina and Hard Mode when you don't use the "Find" feature from the character sheet. Don't know why, probably a form of bias talking, who knows.

The way this game is that would not surprise me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah my QGJ is pretty close to 7 star and he is pretty awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I am going to have to wait on the 7* one till next month as well. My QGJ just isn't there yet and I don't feel like blowing a poo poo load of crystals to get him there. The event will come back and I'll be ready next time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Who should I get from the Arena if I already have a max Sid and Eath dude.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I am pretty close to getting her to 6* so I'll be getting her to 7* pretty quickly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainAssholay posted:

I'm still playing because it's an ok time sink while I'm at work, but yea after they changed the credits challenege to have dick all for payout, it's really killed my progress for leveling up characters.

I guess that was their point to drive more sales but it just makes this a lot less appealing.

On another note I ended up getting Barista Coffee, Biggs and Urugurugurugj'k through bronzium packs in the same day so that was pretty cool.

It looks like they also removed one of the characters you could buy through the shipments store which is weird.

EDIT: LOL this loving RNG. I just went 3/25 farming Mace shards. I don't know why I'm bothering trying to get him to 7* but I am.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 16, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

Because it was a cool character. At least thatīs all the reason I need.

Yeah that seems to work. He is pretty cool but gently caress farming his shards. I should be trying to get Coffee to help with my GW farming.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

Savage Opress is another Arena farmable character that is poised to benefit from the upcoming changes.

Yeah after I finished off EK I started working on SO. I'm hoping for some good changes coming up for him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I put dookie as my lead and now no one is even bothering trying to knock me down.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress me. Hopefully 80 lasts for a bit longer.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So uh yeah. I guess this is where things are headed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

QGJ/lum/eeth/JC/Asoka is a pretty good team that gets me through all GW reliably.

Yeah I was going to post this. Asoka is really great for GW. I'm glad I 7*d her.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Everything sucks at 4*'s.

Pretty much this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

Is the update expected to come up tonight or tomorrow night? I can't seem to find any information.

Probably tomorrow around 12 or so. I think that is when they did it last time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress gently caress gently caress this bullshit 7* yoda bullshit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

doogle posted:

I used maxed out JC/Lumi/QGJ/Mace/Ahsoka and it took me ~15 tries to beat Yoda 7*. I just focused him down but if he had a healer with him it was pretty much game over. I beat him when he had a Jedi Guardian and Plo Koon.

I finally got him with my Lumi/JC/EK/Ahsoka/QJG combo.

I just had a string of poo poo luck every battle but I finally downed that fucker.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So after I have 7*'d Lumi, Poggle, and Phasma who in the hell should I be spending these GW tokens on?

I'm guessing either Resistance Pilot or Teebo? No one else looks interesting. I'd save them up but even spending 800+ a day I'm still flush with GW points.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ularg posted:

Yea, to the earlier conversation about Sidious, he is totally broken in Challenges and GW.

Working as intended.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Has anyone done the math on how many years of playing it would take to get GG?

Yeah I think someone on Reddit did and it was a comically long rear end time. Long enough that I am not even going to bother because even after being a whale in this game I don't see my self playing it for much longer.

It is a lovely long term goal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

Hmm, this was updated since I read it:

Hope there are enough goons left to make a guild.

Well I am going to still be playing it. Sunk cost fallacy and all that. :homebrew:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IMO they should really fix the hosed up friends list but I doubt they will be doing that anytime soon.

Edit: Also I swear to loving god this game knows when you are close to getting someone to 7* and it starts to gently caress you on the shard drops.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 5, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm still playing. 468-432-741

I'm gonna clean out my friends list.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I said gently caress it and I am farming for Grievous now. My Cantina energy is going to Barriss but pretty much everything else is going to start going towards Grievous. I really don't have the need for anything else right now and I wanna see how long its going to take to get him to 7* (I assume forever)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

e: subtracting the 10 cantina shards per day and you're looking at 69 days of farming.

gently caress it I wont assume they will be releasing anything worth a poo poo in those 69 days.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don't know but I don't like these new health bars. They kinda don't make sense.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

There was a 5MB in-game download but I don't notice anything different.

The update is in the App Store for iOS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Anyone else not got their dailies? It just rolled back to waiting 24 more hours.

I finished mine this morning but drat this game got lovely. I whaled pretty hard and I'm really feeling the sting on this.

gently caress these guys.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly even with the older GW it was pushing the amount of time I wanted to spend on the game. Now I'm not even going to bother because it's just tedious nonsense. I really was awesome because I love me some star wars but gently caress it's like they are intentionally loving poo poo up.

Someone on Reddit posted a picture that claimed the game was pulling in 100k a day before this patch. I can't imagine it's holding that now though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

whale spotted

:homebrew:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Auto mode GW barriss/JC/lum/ahsoka/QGJ first seven matches then auto phasma/dooku/daka/poggle/ig86 last three matches.

How long did it take you?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

I decided to do GW today and there's no way that the teams I fought from like the third battle on could be auto battled by anything.

Yeah that's how all of my GW battles go so I was curious how he managed to do that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My server must be harder. I'm rank 60 and I only managed to auto my way through the first 6 battles before everything went to poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So is it just me or is targeting when doing auto completely hosed? My dudes will stay on target for like one round then totally go off the rails so I have to keep selecting the dude I want dead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was finally able to Auto GW almost to the end. gently caress it its close enough for me I'm not wasting my time trying to get it perfect. Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm sure the character limit is going to be something retarded like 10 or something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really wish I would have worked on Barriss sooner. Shes a god send for GW and she's gonna be my next 7*.

How is Jedi Anakin? I'm thinking about getting him to 7* after Barriss.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

:siren::siren::siren:DO NOT BUY CHROMIUM PACKS:siren::siren::siren:

As a whale this is so drat true.

:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

They oddly discourage IAP by making subsequent energy refreshes more expensive.

Yeah has any other game done that? I can't think of one that does it.

• Locked thread