Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jibo posted:

Yeah I misspoke and this is actually what I meant. 6-7 is what I'm working on for Chewie, Sid, Daka, and Lumi right now and Lumi and Daka are both down to one item left with 20 purps required for them.

gently caress Mk4 SoroSuub Keypads forever

Edit: at least you can get a few doing the str gear challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Do you high end guys still do the 5 hard mission daily activity? 60 energy seems like a lot when I need tons of purple materials.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I decided against joining the Sid bandwagon and am using Asajj instead. I also have Dakka and Talia benefitting from her leader bonus. So far today I'm 3/3on arena battles at level 55 and rank in the 60-70s. It's an all lady team, the other two are phasma and luminara. All gear 7 and 5 stars. Made some poor shard choices early but I'm pretty happy with the team now.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The basic strategy is to send in some 2nd tier guys/scrubs to eat the enemy alpha strike and taunts. Maybe do a little damage but that's secondary. Then send in your first string. All of the enemy powers will be on cooldown. Additionally, you can retreat your first team once the enemy is down to a single, optimally weakest team member, send back in the scrubs and heal them up and advance cooldown timers for people who need it.

The force restart thing is primarily a way to work around bad luck.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

High Lord Elbow posted:

Hit rank 1 today.

Couldn't finish the next-to-last fight in GW.

gently caress dis game.

Just wait until tomorrow's GW is full of level 70s.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's the patch notes:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6088/game-update-1-14-2016

quote:

New Light Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 63 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
- Hard mission character shard drop locations:
7-A: Finn
7-B: Poe Dameron
7-C: Ima-Gun Di
7-D: Luke Skywalker
New Dark Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 67 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
- Hard mission character shard drop locations:
7-A: Poe Dameron
7-B: Rey
7-C: Plo Koon
7-D: Jedi Knight Anakin
New Cantina Battles
- Stage 5 unlocks at player level 61 and includes 7 new missions.
- Character shard drop locations:
5-A: Luke Skywalker
5-C: Finn
5-E: Talia
5-G: Clone Wars Chewbacca
- Stage 6 unlocks at player level 69 and includes 7 new missions.
- Character shard drop locations:
6-A: Barriss Offee
6-C: Kylo Ren
6-E: Jedi Consular
6-G: Count Dooku

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

the forum is a cesspool

So here I did a full GW on the "new patch" I lost 1 toon, Daka, in the final battle only because I chose to Ice Sid with Lum instead of heal and she was killed immediately after by Vadars culling blade, then his basic when she revived,lol. I marched through 9 strait 6-7* purple 60's, just as I typically do every GW. The difference was instead of having fun doing it, but doing attack in waves and strike teams with the collection I had. It was a simple make a team to beat the AI and go. Basically arena that you see the whole team first on, boring.

To all you whales and spenders.(I consider myself no whale but moderate spending at over $1,500) Who the bloody heck cares if F2P and such had a crutch in retreat? It was part of the game and they used it to better themselves. The extra tokens they get to help get some shards is not really a big deal, nor is the whopping 1 random shard as reward on completion. Now if the prize was 1--12 random shards plus the 400 tokens to get 5 more the mats ect, sure maybe gripe, but come on the prize is nothing big and we all only get 1 go a day so why take away something, that even with using it, many still failed to complete? It just is not cool.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I was just amused by the guy claiming to have spent $1500 also claiming he's not a whale.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

Nice save I thought that was a regular post by you! Sad thing is, in this game I don't even know if $1.5K would count as a true whale, there are definitely people who have dropped five figures+ into this game at the highest levels. On the level of whales, he'd be an orca as opposed to a beluga or blue!

Dropping that kind of money on a phone game just blows my mind. I joined about a week after a friend did, and while I am able to place <100 in the arena, he's stuck at like 2000 because apparently he ended up in some sort of hell ranking full of 7 star purples.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

afkmacro posted:

What the gently caress is this garbage? I'm level 50 btw.

I was gonna say that today I had the easiest GW in a while, but this looks tougher than anything I faced (I'm level 57).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

High Lord Elbow posted:

It will display 1-2 stars on the victory screen but give you 3-stars on mission select and let you autoplay it with sim tickets.

This happened for me as well. 1/2 stars at end, but 3 stars on mission select. (With Daka)

Edit: Maybe the type of revive matters? Since Daka can revive with her heal and also passively. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a bug.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Levantine posted:

What makes Poe so awesome? I don't have him but I've never run into a Poe that gave me any grief. Is it his Taunt that can expose?

He's very fast, which means that he can taunt before most of your team can act, which allows him to protect the glass hammers. His taunt also removes some of your turn meter.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's a high end Poe fight (not me) to show off the what people are complaining about :
https://player.vimeo.com/video/152211905

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

This guy is retarded, his team is almost a carbon loving copy of the other guys squad, but with Leia instead of FoTP and loving REY instead of Geo Soldier.

He's clearly the bigger, shittier whale, and he's complaining because he couldn't pull of his 1HKO Poe strat first? He should have tried to stun the Geonosian Soldier instead of Poe, his tenacity is too high. The Geo was the real murderer here.

He'd probably have only lost his Qui-gon and Leia and Rey can probably beat a Poe down in 1 turn, by then HIS POE gets to taunt and he might kill 2 of his opponents toons.

Yeah, you can't rely on sticking any kind of debuff on Poe. Ultimately I think the problem is really the one-shot kill characters, though I'm new at these types of games so I don't know if this sort of thing is expected.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

I think the fallacy of the meta here is that players assume if they lose a character first, they've lost the match... which is kind of bonkers. In GW sure, losing a character is catastrophic, but don't let that feeling spill over into your arena strat. Poe is, at his core, a loving tank. A tank that does like no damage after his taunt is gone... and you're not going to be able to pre-empt or stall that taunt. So instead of trying to lucky-land a stun on him, neutralize the next biggest threat, and play for the win with 1 toon standing.

Luckily for me I ended up in a pretty scrubby league/shard/arena, so I don't have to face this sort of thing, so in many cases I'm just seeing the arguments others are making. I still think that the glass hammers are either too hammery or not glassy enough though. If they can reliably get one-shot kills, they should also be similarly vulnerable, right?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

kaschei posted:

This is why I leveled a couple of dudes with AoE

Nobody clears the chaff on missions like Asajj.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

commish posted:

Characters are just too powerful in arena. I one-shot 3 of his guys with single target attacks with Sid/Lumi/Kylo. Honestly, Leia seems not that good in Arena. I don't know why people use her. She dies so fast. And it seems like the reign of Phasma is near an end. Only 1 guy in the top 10 is using her. Sid is making a big comeback.

She's probably much better if you spend $1000 on packs.

Also I just pulled Lobot out of a bronzium pack. More like Lolbot

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fat Samurai posted:

Just began, and not saving the premium currency to buy the biggest gacha machine pull (as in 2.520 crystals) is going against all my instincts. What do you get for your crystals if you buy Data Cards? Just components? Not enough shards to make it worthwhile?

I think the best use of crystals is to buy 2 regular energy refills and one cantina energy refill (once you unlock it) every day. You'll progress faster and be able to place higher in the arena, and have an easier time in the galactic war.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Zotix posted:

Not really sure who I want to get with cantina shipments next. Poe seems like a gamble with an inevitable nerf coming soon, and you can't farm him quickly enough to take advantage of him. I'm thinking I might just sit on them.

I've heard that fives is supposed to be pretty good, but considering how slowly they accumulate holding them and waiting for new characters isn't a bad plan.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

kaschei posted:

How many more attacks do you get for 50 crystals?

Just one, I think.

Managed to break into the top 20 on my server (#18) today, with my "all healer" team. 7* Lumi, Talia, 6* Asajj, Daka, 4* Barriss.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

There are two things you can spend crystals on. If you've used 1-4 attacks so far, and you need to attack again RIGHT NOW, that costs 50 crystals. It does not add any additional attacks, it just lets you attack...this is only good if you're at like 5:55 and have an 8 minute cooldown. If you can generate at least 50 crystals by doing this, still worth it.
If you have used all 5 attacks, you get an option to use 50 crystals to recharge 5 attacks. The really nice thing about this one is that you can chain your 5th and 6th attacks together this way. There is no cooldown after your 5th attack.

That's good to know.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Welp, looks like I'm taking a break from getting Daka to 7 stars.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

I wonder if they're taking Poe out of the shop and adding Quigon

As chance would have it, my shop just refreshed. Both Poe and QGJ are both there. It doesn't look like anyone was removed, the Hoth Rebel Scout is now in a row by himself at the bottom.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Philosopher King posted:

So how bout a lobot lead team of robots and poggle? Would the speed burst make him viable? You're talking at least 18% more speed? And if they all go first they could flatten a team? I know I'm reaching a bit here.

+speed leaders don't apply their boost before turn one. From reading the forums, it's unclear if this is a bug or intended.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Philosopher King posted:

I think some places have higher payout chances than others. I had one Squad zone that payed out ability 1 of each ability mat each time consistently for about 8 rounds until I ran out of energy. Shame I didn't write down which one.

There are also a couple that return more than one copy of a given mat. They're common items, but I find I end up using a lot of them. You can get up to three Mk 1 CEC Fusion Furnaces at Light Side 1-D, and two Mk 1 BAW Armor Mods at Light Side 1-C.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You can focus on upgrading 4 characters at a time. Cantina shards, Cantina shipments, Arena shipments, and Galactic War shipments. You should try to arrange your main team so that 4 of the 5 characters each draw from a different source.

Looking at your list, I'd suggest Lumi for Galactic War, Daka for Cantina shipments, Luke for Cantina shards, and Sid for Arena shipments.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

Yea there is a huge imbalance in who needs what type of purple gear (ex. the mk 4 keyboards are WAY more important than the mk 5), and it's not reflected at all in the challenges. It makes zero sense to only have 1 challenge give out top tier purples, and that being not the purple people really need. And then other challenges give out almost worthless purples (mk 4 guns).

Who the hell even uses the mk 5 laptops? They're given out in the Agi gear challenge, but all my guys want the mk 6 hypos, which are also agi items. I have level viii gear on 6 different people now and none of them want the mk 5 laptops.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just pulled Dooku out of a bronze pack. :whatup:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
As an Asajj user I'm sad that her heal won't be global anymore, but reliable buff removal and having her health steal gear actually work will be nice. The heal was pretty situational as many teams don't have buffers.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

Finally had a chance to look over the notes and I gotta say, not much in the way of balance changes. I hope this is just the first patch of many and they are just trying to get something out because not much will change right now in Arena/GW. Poe "nerf" is really bad and they seem to miss the point his OPedness, it was NOT Expose, unless I'm mistaken and his reduced Tenacity will lower his Turn Meter manipulation effectiveness. And the FOTP fix will just UP his damage and lower his HP right?

Yeah, as far as Poe is concerned, this still doesn't address his whole "entire team goes first" aspect. I've been resisting it, but I feel like I have to start gearing up my Poe. I guess the reduced expose means your survivability against marginal (not full of glass cannons) teams is a bit better. Note that one of the other items in the release is the ability to see the entire enemy team in Arena. If you don't have a Poe, you're going to have a rough time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

yea, I'm not gonna cry about him yet, I'm more than willing to see what happens now that he's the glass cannon he's supposed to be.

BTW to the guy who I told to go ahead and pump Asajj........I'm sorry

I'm not sure she was hurt that badly. She loses the global heal, but gains a fixed buff removal and 45% or so health steal from her gear that up to now did nothing.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Syrinxx posted:

There really needs to be a cap on how much currency you can hold. How would a player who started today ever catch up to the people (p2w or free) who are "finished" leveling up dudes and just stockpile enough to insta-buy any new ones? I know there have been people like that posting in this thread, it's not just imgur whales. If you could only hold say 1000 cantina coins or something it would help.

It's not really an issue. Any new player would be on a different shard/ladder than this guy.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Her main value to me is in the early stages of GW, her basic attack can throw a nice heal on everyone, it helps keep people topped off. I usually bench her once I get to the 7th battle.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Apparently leader abilities that apply speed are working correctly on 1st turn:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/44ywzk/leader_abilities_that_provide_speed_bonuses_are/

Hello, meta-loving change.

Asajj's health steal from gear works now. It also works on her area attack, which will result in pretty much a full heal against a group of enemies. I think she'll push Daka before even Dooku at this point too, with her leader ability.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
double post

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Apparently there's a bug where if a character dies to a dot and is then resurrected, the game locks up. This is primarily a problem with arena, where you'll end up losing the match when you restart.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Party Meiser posted:

Also, should I not be using my 100 crystals on shipments for character shards? I've only been dropping them for Bariss Lumina and sidious? Should I instead be spending that on refreshing cantina battle?

Edit: and quigon should be who i spend my blood orange cantina bucks on?

If you can afford it, and if you're able to get in the top 200(?) of arena you probably can, you should be spending 2x50 crystal refreshes on regular energy and 1x100 crystal refresh on cantina energy. I don't think hard battle farming is worth it barring the 5 battles/day to get the daily award.

Cantina farming should probably be either Geo Soldier or Luke. I would suggest getting Daka with Cantina shipments, as you need a dark side healer and she's pretty handy in general. I think most people suggest Sidious for Arena shipments, and I feel that Luminara is a good choice for GW shipments.

Edit: Qui Gon is really good, but without a dark side healer you're gonna struggle in later battles.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So, was reading a thread on ~another forum~ and saw a post to the effect that the first chrome pack you buy will always contain a character, rather than shards. This applies even if you've bought other things, for example an 8 card pack. I tried it out and sure enough got a character. Note that you're not guaranteed a good character, i got the ewok scout, which I already had, so I got 7 shards :(. However, I figured it's worth sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Eeth Koth, if you ever want to get Yoda.

Assaj is good now

Ig88 if you want a droid team.

Even if you don't particularly care about yoda, getting a 5th jedi lets you do the challenge and the rewards for even the low levels are a nice amount of credits and crystals. I did the first 3 today and I think the payoff was about 600k and 150 crystals.

• Locked thread