Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Pretty loving epic logo there..

That's awesome

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol. To speak Japanese as a man do you have to basically choose either the path where you talk through your nose and sound like your selling a vacuum to people, or the path where you talk really epically and badassly like your narrating a documentary about a war.

Hahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Benny D posted:

I love hideo and I know everyone else here does too but the more this konami nonsense goes on the more it feels like one of those situations where your buddy has a smoking hot girlfriend & none of you can believe he would have ever kicked her out but you aren't the ones putting up with her poo poo every day

Mmmhm. Mmhm. Mmhm.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hideo Kojima, if you reading this, I think it would be cool if your next game was about your studio's loving awesome logo, thanks - foz

It's not.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I used to feel the way Kojima fanboys feel about him, but about Will Wright. And then he made Spore, and I learned that no man is God, and accepted the Savior into my heart.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ragg posted:

"There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person," says Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear and Snatcher.

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

As far asMGS goes I know Kojima, Fukushima and Yoji Shinkawa offhand but that's about it...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Aside from english VAs obviously

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ragg posted:

I know Shinkawas name also, and hes joined the new studio

Win

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a bay posted:

(making circles with my thumb and pointers fingers and looking through them at a distant helicopter) Look, Sneakmans

(startled into attention like a hypnotist snapped his fingers when I hear a knocking sound) Sneakmans? Uh, Mom?

(when I see a large box walking out of a truck before realizing its being carried by a UPS guy) Sneakmans....

(kneeling in the street in the middle of a raging thunder storm, ripping my shirt apart and screaming at the sky) SNEAKMANS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I actually thought V was funny in how all the marketing indicated that the game would show BB's downfall from the idealist he used to be into the cynical and amoral maniac he is in the original MG games and experimenting with illegal weaponry and child soldiers and stuff while the final game had Venom going around saving children and fultoning as many people as he can and generally being kind and merciful. People are still really upset about that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The tentacles coming off the old WW2 planes looked soo cool

Fungah! posted:

th femurs as the side racks on th tanks were so sick too

This is one of my favorite things so far. Like... what if David Cronenberg worked in arms manufacturing

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I've seen a lot of people speculating that Death Stranding is some kind of avant-garde viral marketing for a new MGS, or Silent Hills, but... What if it were the other way around? No, really- what if everything- from unfinished MGSV:TPP to PT (and Silent Hills, by extension) was all a massive viral marketing campaign for Hideo Kojima's new IP, 'Death Stranding'? Kojima' been working in the game industry since the 80's- I feel like he (and many of the very experienced writers and programmers around him) have been in the industry long enough to recognize that, here in the 2010s, properly marketing and drawing attention (and acclaim) toward a brand new video game IP is near impossible. They've been wanting to work on a new IP for ages- they said so in several interviews, quite explicitly, during the development of MGS4. But, what if- it's a long shot, I know, but what if- Kojima, Konami and Sony worked together to create the world's strongest ever viral marketing campaign (the Kojima 'firing' and every subsequent event) specifically to draw attention toward their brand new IP: Death Stranding

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP8uhXuS2n8

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, from the trailer, im not sure the squad in the sewers were affiliated with the worm tank guys above ground. seemed kind of like some kind of resistance faction to me. their guns looked pretty old

They're the 'Skulls' Parasite Unit

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So I guess they announced at that PlayStation keynote today that Death Stranding is being built on the Decima engine, which is the one made by Killzone dev Guerilla Games for that open world game they're making.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

at the date posted:

how is that dead-eyed monster being paid to host anything

Geoff Keighley is a good man, or at the very least, a decent man.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

T r a v i s posted:

He's the Coldplay of video games. In the same way Coldplay just mimicked Radiohead's The Bends for their whole career while Radiohead moved on to truly groundbreaking stuff, here's H Koje with more mens' asses.

t(-_-t)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I rented 2 first because the cover looked loving cool and after watching the opening cutscene I popped the disc out and thought "i have to play 1 to figure out what the gently caress this game is about". Then I played 1, got all excited to play 2, booted it up and it still makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and I got compeltely trolled

Hahahahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dongslayer. posted:

kojima wears high heels obv

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

That Oblivion quest where all the furniture is gigantic was autobiographical apparently

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

*opens console* Player.ActivateDevMode

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's neat but it seems strange that the first tangible info we're getting about Kojima Productions has been, in order:
-studio logo
-studio mascot
-studio mascot cinematic
-studio mascot t-shirts
-studio mascot statue

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Maybe a small feeling of skepticism is intentional... just another puzzle piece in Kojima's twisted vision.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I like V's story but not as much as 1's, 2's, 3's, and maybe 4's too. Better than PW's, anyway.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think the codec conversations stopping the gameplay is a big part of what makes MGS great honestly... then again I might just have a soft spot for them because all the other MGS games have a lot more unique dialogue than MGSV

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Metal Gear Survive is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Metal Gear Heroes!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I got 100% in MGSV for PS4 and I've almost got 100% in the Steam version

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

some segments where we switched to the real big boss wouldnt have hurt. maybe the twist couldve been revealed halfway and we could switch between big boss in setting up outer heaven in africa and venom creating distractions in Afghanistan. That way we could tangibly see the efforts big boss was putting into the base where one of the major points of the entire series took place. Plus its just that there was so much potential for filling out big boss story in africa in the 1980s because a lot of cool things happened there with him at that time. The fact that they skipped over all that stuff, while an interesting take, is ultimately a let down. For me at least. The gameplay is great but without a really good story connecting it all it starts to feel repetitive.

This was Chapter 3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Quiet's Sniper Wolf outfit is definitely best. I like that they give it to people immediately before you lose her forever lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

They patched that out though.

Oh yea

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My biggest disappointment with MGSV would probably be the complete lack of hidden goodies and Easter eggs in the game world. The only one I can really think of would be the radio playing PT audio, and even that isn't really hidden

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I wanted really deeply hidden stuff like the Arkham City planning room in Arkham Asylum, or stuff that required a long convoluted process to find like those Battlefield 4 easter eggs, and got neither. Unfortunately the game's been datamined so thoroughly that there isn't really anything left to find...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

in r/neverbegameocer a kid walked into an AT&T building in NYC and trespassed while rooting around because he thought chapter 3 was located there and that secret clues in the game tipped him off

Tactical Espionage Action

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My favorite part of Afghanistan is that dune desert area in the Southwest. It's very beautiful at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

New Beyoncé albums

• Locked thread