Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The guy who was lead writer and scenario/world designer for 1 through 3 deserves more credit.. can't even remember his name which kinds proves the point. I wonder where he is now.
Murata I think. you can really feel his absence in 4 and 5 , much as it pains me to admit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a bay posted:

(making circles with my thumb and pointers fingers and looking through them at a distant helicopter) Look, Sneakmans

(startled into attention like a hypnotist snapped his fingers when I hear a knocking sound) Sneakmans? Uh, Mom?

(when I see a large box walking out of a truck before realizing its being carried by a UPS guy) Sneakmans....

(kneeling in the street in the middle of a raging thunder storm, ripping my shirt apart and screaming at the sky) SNEAKMANS
:whitewater:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hot Coldman.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MGSV's power has driven another Games guy prodromal

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797793&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

no they will not posted:

MGS4 would've been better if snake died at the end instead of dying offscreen afterwards
I don't agree.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Left: Chico in the process of being genderbent into Quiet, covered in gross residue from genderswap gas (lil Matthewtheman joke for my fellow Imps :D)

Right: Solidus holds the latest clone of Big Boss, born with one eye already missing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Stranding
On the edge

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's going to be her and i'm going to marry her.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Just woke up Steph to ask if the rumors are true and she said yes
I didn't appreciate you waking us up so early.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

No More Heroes is so ridiculously poo poo I love it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The fast-forwarded exposition at the end of 1 where if you slow it down its actually 100% coherent and relevant

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

unless Let It Die is good I'm tempted to say Suda has lost his touch/interest, his last few games have either sucked or haven't actually had much involvement from him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hated Boktai as a kid because I live in Scotland and we get like one day of sun sa year

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

blamegame posted:

the mgs2 design document is freakin me out 0_0

holy poo poo lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

its not true. its not

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

th cutscenes all being one long panning shot is amazing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Metal Gear Solid 5 is absolutely the worst Metal Gear Solid
please, no . this is hateful.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

5's biggest crime to me is that I don't want to replay it again, which is the first MGS I feel that way about.
it's like 200 times longer than all the other games put together to be fair

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The MGSV thread in the Imp Zone was a happy and positive place for a long time. Maybe this negativity is our chapter 3

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 6, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

If there's anything I love, it's cash in sequels and day 1 dlc.

he meant the Vile Larry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I will never call any MGS "bad" or "the worst" because together they make one great tapestry.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plot wise I think of it as a weird ambitious spinoff focusing on secondary and background characters, 3xploring what it's like to be a pawn of the crazy MGS power games (or a pawn of a pawn I guess) with some interesting backstory stuff about Zero and BB. Like Kojima says it's not MGS5 it's MGS Vee.

If you don't buy that I can see why you'd just hate it to be fair

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still think it's insanely funny that Skull Face spent 9 years perfecting his evil villain speech down to the full tour of his facility and timing, only to tell it to the wrong person, who didn't care

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've only ever played Twin Snakes but I played it like 12 times

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I get that the new controls made some parts too easy but all MGS games are easy lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

I bought a PS3 pretty much just to play all the games for the first time in the Legacy Collection.

I did this, playing all of them during Metal Gear July 2015, and it was such good gaming.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

some segments where we switched to the real big boss wouldnt have hurt. maybe the twist couldve been revealed halfway and we could switch between big boss in setting up outer heaven in africa and venom creating distractions in Afghanistan. That way we could tangibly see the efforts big boss was putting into the base where one of the major points of the entire series took place. Plus its just that there was so much potential for filling out big boss story in africa in the 1980s because a lot of cool things happened there with him at that time. The fact that they skipped over all that stuff, while an interesting take, is ultimately a let down. For me at least. The gameplay is great but without a really good story connecting it all it starts to feel repetitive.
this would've been great. I still wish it had ended with the player switching to Solid Snake and invading Mother Base and coming up against the finest soldiers and defenses you've built up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Quiet was cool and her storyline was great. People who disrespect her because of her clothes are afraid of strong , confident women.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah he thought Zeros base being in Hells Kitchen meant it was a real location he could infiltrate lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

I both respect and fear Quiet
Her choking the player while staring at you with those beautiful eyes was a moment of sexual awakening to me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was so excited when I got to Africa the first time and was climbing/stumbling through gorgeous jungle vegetation and waterfalls and stuff and then there were like two other small areas like that and the rest of the map was just kind of there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

You cant just shrug off this games problems with "yeah it wasnt PERFECT, but hey what game is?" or whatever the gently caress. the game has serious problems. Kojima was not allowed to work on the game towards the end. Yeah the gameplay is fun at first but even that gets old eventually. As the conclusion of the metal gear series it's seriously lacking in the story department, which is a huge, huge part of the metal gear experience, and that cant just be swept under the rug

edit: after taking my klonopin i have realized that we agree to disagree, and everyone has opinions their entitled to.

Does RC break character for anything other than metal gear

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Fury is really annoying sometimes but I love him so much. I guess he fit in better when the game was meant to have more stuff to do w cosmonauts and that sort of thing buy as it is he's just thjas random dude whos insanely angry because he went to space once. And the flaming skull thing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know everyone on the planet agrees but it needs to be said periodically, MGS3 has the best boss fights in the series

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My phone autocorrected MGS3 to MGSV there and I'm gwtting worried about its irony level

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Thomas Pynchon owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

we play Super Mario and the little goombas jump up and stomp on me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

I'm about to read his novel Gravity's Rainbow and feeling kind of nervous about it.. What if the words are to long
I bounced off Crying of Lot 49 really hard but I read Inherent Vice and really liked it so that's a good inroad if you're retarded like me. I'll try Gravitys Rainbow one day

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

I watched the movie of Inherent Vice and it pwned so I basically got a "cheat code" allowing me to skip reading the book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Alpha Protocol lets you learn CQC and say absolutely nothing 90% of the time

• Locked thread