Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
5. Non Non Biyori Repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGd-GkkQQwU

4. Gatchaman Crowds Insight

GATCHA! Cool show to get mad at.

3. My Love Story!!

Made me all:

2. Wakakozake

A moving tribute to eating and drinking through your feelings. Fantastic performance from Miyuki Sawashiro. Each episode is a perfect little scene, and the cumulative effect is both mundane and magical, I love it so much.

1. SHIROBAKO

Tarou from SHIROBAKO getting smacked with rolled up paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There was a lot of really good anime this year that I considered putting on my list, like The Perfect Insider, Maria the Virgin Witch, Yona of the Dawn, Durarara!!, Working!, Sound! Euphonium, JoJo, and Your Lie in April. And that's just the best of the really good poo poo this year! 2015 was an awesome year of anime.

devtesla fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 21, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Osomatsu-San Probably one of the funniest anime I've ever seen, manages to make me laugh a lot every episode.

Matsu is real great but not eligible this year cause it's continuing into 2016. Thank u for voting Plutonis!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's not befitting for an anime forum end of the year list, IMHO

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I liked the joke I'm happy you made it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

wait, what. what are you allergic to. i don't understand what you are saying

you could just say "i don't like this anime" instead

I think they're allergic to girly stuff, they almost shut off SB. While there's a lot of moe that's clearly a niche kind of thing, I think they probably would like a lot of it if given a chance considering they got through ShiroBako. It would be good for their soul get to over their prejudices.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30mxBTpyLzw

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

like 90% of good shows are made for girls

This is true.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Notice the lack of Gatchaman Crowds on that list. I think folks were more likely to put something easy to like but not that exciting over something interesting. Also:

AnacondaHL posted:

Alternative answer: acceptable baps in the Zorak era

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

There seemed to be a shitload of votes for Shin Sekai Yori, but it still didn't make the top ten. And too many votes for Inferno Cop. I mean, it was funny and all, but are you ever gonna actually re-watch or think about it?

I think about inferno cop all the time, you see tons of the same kind of animation saving techniques even in really good anime.

But yea, everyone putting that on their end of the year list was kind of a weird hostile thing. I'm not sure if they genuinely liked it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rodyle posted:

My love story was a really awesome for 7 episodes then just continued forever

Huh? My Love Story just kept getting better. Most of my favorite episodes are in the back half.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

Most surprising about that list is that there were kinda legitimately 50 good animes this year.

Anime is really good.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those changes are so tiny (even what looks like a big jump is just 0.3) that I wouldn't read much into it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was rooting for Shirobako over OPM and I'd put Yona over Snow White but that's a good list. Good job ADTRW and thank you Lucy and darkgray!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Recommended by >10 people
  • Wakakozake (20)
  • Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] s2 (18)
  • Working!!! (s3) (17)
  • Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) (16)
  • Owarimonogatari (15)
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan (14)
  • Death Parade (13)
  • Junketsu no Maria (Maria the Virgin Witch) (13)
  • YuruYuri SP+s3 (13)
  • Prison School (12)
  • Durarara!! x2 (s2 p1-2?) (12)
(Sum of unweighted votes and honorable mentions)

Recommended by >5 people
  • Concrete Revolutio (9)
  • Symphogear GX (s3) (9)
  • Gakkou Gurashi (School-Live) (9)
  • Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist (9)
  • Akatsuki no Yona (9)
  • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) (8)
  • Overlord (8)
  • Rokka no Yuusha (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers) (8)
  • Idolmaster Cinderella Girls (8)
  • Noragami Aragoto (s2) (8)
  • Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) (7)
  • Rolling Girls (7)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G (6)
  • Garo: Honoo no Kokuin (6)
  • Koufuku Graffiti (Gourmet Girl Graffiti) (6)
  • Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) (6)
(Sum of unweighted votes and honorable mentions)

These lists are real cool, thanks for collecting all those!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's interesting how little the top 10 changed from unweighted to weighted. Only the top 2 switched.

My Love Story went from beating Jojo to tying, which isn't surprising.

I'm too lazy to confirm my suspicions, but I'm pretty sure that One Punch Man and Jojo were closer to the middle of the pack at the start of the thread but got stronger and stronger as the nomies started posting. :patriot: to normies, and

In Training posted:

Shouts out to all the shows with one vote. Somebody loves you

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm remembering that Shirobako came out of nowhere, with no previous material to hype and not a lot of prestige attached to it, and went on to grab this huge audience of people who really love it. That's a good feel.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

No overlap between the best and worst anime this year.

Kill la Kill was a truly special beast.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

That is a great list, and I feel suitably ashamed of losing interest in both Euphonium and Gatchaman three episodes in.

I love those shows but it's okay to not like an anime :). If you're at all curious a lot of the best parts of Euphonium are in the back half of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Why not include both unweighted and weighted on the Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse Wiki for the heck of it.

No, there's not enough space on the internet.

• Locked thread