Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

just got back from a 5 mile run. It was awful and boring, as expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

the worst part about running is that for some reason i get the hiccups afterwards about 50% of the time. its insult to injury.

Piso Mojado

still have the hiccups. :/

Piso Mojado

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Are you under 25? Hiccups are usually an indication you're growing. After 25 they seem to taper off pretty sharply.

I'm under 35

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Work out enough that it doesn't matter what you snack on

my strategy

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

...but enough about your posting :smugmrgw:

:poolgirl:

Piso Mojado

I moved to somewhere that doesn't have winters. you should try that

Piso Mojado

I'm running again and it's loving terrible. That said I got these new cheap shoes that make it slightly less terrible (at least on the beach/trails). Highly recommend given their price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F...Srch&th=1&psc=1

Piso Mojado

Why climb rocks when you can ride a bike imo. :shrug:

Piso Mojado

On a serious note, do you all climb indoor or outdoor?

Piso Mojado

lmbo calrissian posted:

I'm excited to start my YMCA membership (DONT laugh at me) for a waived initiation this wednesday. I realized i hate LA fitness, i'm too beginner for gold's gym, my insurance only discounts 24 hour fitness which is even sadder, and I msotly want to get good enough at swimming to learn to SURF and work all these parts of my body in water instead of lame land. hopefully the few weights/machines they have aren't taken up all the time cause that's dope, also it's in a rich area

i used to work out at the y and that place rocks. good 4 u

Piso Mojado

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Inhumanly possible is acceptable

Eat a lot, lift a lot, don't die

Piso Mojado

Yeah I feel ya. I just started a more serious weight routine this week and I'm feeling it bad rn

Piso Mojado

rule #1 - don't be a creepy gym goon

Piso Mojado

Why not just do front squats. Basically all the same benefits I would assume

Piso Mojado

I like goblet squats too, though you obviously have to up your reps

Piso Mojado

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Less weight, more reps.

The way he worded, I sounds like it is not a weight issue, but rather the hyperextension of his shoulder to even support the bar. Im guessing he would prob get pain even doing an empty bar in that case.

But I'm not a doctor, just a fellow squat lover

Piso Mojado

Pogi quit punching things, it's bad for your shoulder

Piso Mojado

Today I was doing my warm up set on the press and added the wrong weight to one side and about fell over like an idiot. I blame the fact that I didn't sleep well last night and was cognitively impaired, but regardless I feel like a complete n00b-tron. Luckily I don't think anyone saw it happen, but still...

Piso Mojado

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Yesterday I was here:

it was damp and foggy.

Where is that turtles?

Piso Mojado

AAB posted:

is it ok to post about indoor climbing here too

absolutely, it falls under the general cool fitness/exercise scope

Piso Mojado

:peanut:

Piso Mojado

tfw you toot while squatting

Piso Mojado

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I have a power cage in my garage purely so I can toot at will. I've near-gassed myself several times.

i ripped one on my lasy rep of my last set the other day and about crashed from embarassment. my heart goes out to the families of those within the blast radius.

Piso Mojado

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Walking is good as heck.

5 mins planks 3x daily. I'm becoming a plank. One day I'll make a great shelf

turtles, i think youd really enjoy this book if you dont already own it.

https://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Gravity-Systematic-Gymnastics-Bodyweight/dp/1467933120

i just started working on some of the planche progressions and im smoked.

Piso Mojado

its really good

Piso Mojado

whoop finally pulled the trigger on a new racing bike. :woop: 🚴 :woop:

please cheer me on when im winning gold medals byob!

Piso Mojado

http://ifbikes.com/Bikes/steel-crown-jewel/

this will be my baby in about 2 months when they finish custom welding it for me

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Congrats friend, v cool that they make a steel bikes for racing bc i love steel but always figured that in these modern times nobody raced on it

lots of people race steel actually. i have a steel touring bike now that i love with all my heart but its def not built for racing.

Piso Mojado

its a lighter alloy than most steel bikes, so its not that heavy but it still soaks up vibration ftw

Piso Mojado

its...hanzo steel

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Racing steel seems like it would be p easy tbh unless the steel were round and it were a downhill race

oh wait i get the joke now :11tea:

Piso Mojado

ugh super jealous.

Piso Mojado

wish i had a girlfriend that i could watch pour blue liquid over a tampon 1x a month and then honeymoon her in patagonia.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

lol i haven't thought about that thread in a long time, thank you

also piso there were a buncha people biking loaded w/ camping gear on the road (there's really just the 1 road) there, it would be an amazing place to do it tho it's really really windy and it basically spits rain at you for like 20 minutes every couple of hours

awesome! i looked into south american touring before and it looks awesome but crazy technical/difficult. any pics?

Piso Mojado

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE SUZUKI JIMNY BECAUSE I WANT ONE.

But seriously, they're supposedly great fun off road and my girlfriend loves the look of them.

In other news I cycle to work every day on my old mountainbike and the other day finally got around to fixing the puncture on my road bike and am now on that. Holy poo poo it's fast.

yeah i run errands and do 90% of my riding on a heavy rear end steel bike, so when i jump on my road bike i feel like a two-testicled lance armstrong

Piso Mojado

250lbs deadlift today :qfg: :yosbutt:

Piso Mojado

lmbo calrissian posted:

Do you have a pic of said sexy parts mr. stud?

this is me irl. please dont share the pic outside this thread. im still very self concious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Learned a really good boxing move today

your technique is interesting.

• Locked thread