Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Matoi Ryuko

Luckily I'm a super focused human being.

Matoi Ryuko

I ran into the forklift receptacles on the dumpster at work at full speed and now I have the most wicked bruise on my thigh, currently in the green/yellow stage.

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

went indoor rock climbing til my arms died. But then they came back to life like ten minutes after leaving and it feels like I didn't work out at all. Experience indicates that they are going to be sore as hell tomorrow though. I'm still wimpy as hell

They'll probably be sore for alot longer than that.

Matoi Ryuko

Piso Mojado posted:

just got back from a 5 mile run. It was awful and boring, as expected.

That's normal. Bring some music next time.

Piso Mojado posted:

the worst part about running is that for some reason i get the hiccups afterwards about 50% of the time. its insult to injury.

That's normal.

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

When soreness is delayed 2 days instead of 1, it's worse and longer. Buckle up buddy, you're in for a world of hurt :twisted:

I once sprained a glute, it was sore for a week, before it finally swole up to it's real intensity, which really sucked because I couldn't sleep on my butt for like 4 days.

Matoi Ryuko

I only shadowbox, I have no bag or training partners. :(

Matoi Ryuko

Piso Mojado posted:

still have the hiccups. :/

Are you under 25? Hiccups are usually an indication you're growing. After 25 they seem to taper off pretty sharply.

Matoi Ryuko

RedTonic posted:

if you don't stop your hiccups within the first couple minutes, they go on longer! maybe you can set a new world record, piso.

i am sore as hell today. legs are extra sore. at least the arms aren't frozen in t-rex mode like i'd expected. :eng99: now i gotta work.

Sore as hell is my natural state...it's not so bad, you can get used to it.

Matoi Ryuko

Chill la Chill posted:

You'll become faster and faster as you try and outbox your shadow, who seems to know all your moves and tricks.

I'm taking a few days off, after I had a bad knockdown while sparring with my shadow. He's a real piece of work, but is intent on making me stronger.

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

Work out enough that it doesn't matter what you snack on

Matoi Ryuko

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Today I went for a run then went climbing, I'm a tired boy but I'm probably going to do that 3x a week forever

I don't know much about climbing, but I would suggest running after climbing, not before.

Piso Mojado posted:

I'm under 35

Running puts incredible stress on your internal organs, it's common to get hiccups and it's common to throw up in your mouth while burping.

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

...but enough about your posting :smugmrgw:

Matoi Ryuko

I don't change anything at all in the winter. Every day 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 8.3 miles running. EVERY DAY.

Matoi Ryuko

Shine posted:

Matoi

You are so

FULL OF CRAP

Haha, you wish. I've been laying down this same routine now every day for 37 months straight. :c00lbert:

Matoi Ryuko

I do however wear different amounts of clothing depending on the season. But that goes without saying.

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

lifting is fun and good

I'm not into lifting right now. But once I get a car, I will be.

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

I wouldn't recommend starting out with a car, they're pretty heavy

I seen these dudes on TV do it though and they were all heavy set dudes.

Matoi Ryuko

My goal is to go from 135 to 165 as fast as possible

Matoi Ryuko

Inhumanly possible is acceptable

Matoi Ryuko

Piso Mojado posted:

Eat a lot, lift a lot, don't die

I did a bunch of upper body stuff yesterday and feel today like I did a pretty good job so I'm on my way. :patriot:

Matoi Ryuko

I mean I feel the soreness that comes along with breaking new ground, it'll be gone tommorow so I'll do another workout then.

Matoi Ryuko

I wish I had a bench press and an indoor pullup bar but all those in-home pullup bars look terrifyingly unsafe to me.

Matoi Ryuko

lmbo calrissian posted:

Just bought my Y membership today. $35 is exactly what I was paying for LA fitness, just as many locations so i'm excited af. Very satisfied with what the strength training rooms have, it looks like all the essentials I have time to bother with :) :)

I'm actually so jealous of guys who have the time to make big swole goals around their full-time work schedule. Like guys who just fitness is their main hobby, and they make friends from it etc. I already got the feeling it can't be a big fulfilling part of my life just from my first gym experience. I don't forsee myself ever having a workout buddy. I'm jealous of the people who do because their lives seem sooooo simple and comfortable, and stable most of all

I've been working my rear end off for years and have never made a friend because of it.

Matoi Ryuko

You don't need videos for that, what you do is sit ontop of it and roll back and forth with it under the muscles you want massaged, be it your back or legs. If you feel alot of leg pain, just try and push through it as you slowly increase your MPW, you'll be back in shape in no time.

Matoi Ryuko

Less weight, more reps.

Matoi Ryuko

If you're still having problems after that then you'll have to discover new exercises to rehabilitate your shoulders with.

Matoi Ryuko

Piso Mojado posted:

I like goblet squats too, though you obviously have to up your reps

I like having a kettlebell for goblet squats so that I can change exercises quickly but keep working.

Matoi Ryuko

Piso Mojado posted:

The way he worded, I sounds like it is not a weight issue, but rather the hyperextension of his shoulder to even support the bar. Im guessing he would prob get pain even doing an empty bar in that case.

But I'm not a doctor, just a fellow squat lover

Matoi Ryuko posted:

If you're still having problems after that then you'll have to discover new exercises to rehabilitate your shoulders with.

Matoi Ryuko

Whatever you did to your shoulder, you're going to have to work 10x as hard and 10x as smart to fix it.

Matoi Ryuko

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A friend of mine does MMA type stuff and it looks fun but I know I have a glass jaw and would get sparked out instantly. He says whenever someone new joins he lets them have a free punch so he knows how hard they hit, he's the loveliest guy around but I know he'd beat the poo poo out of you if he had to. This is why I'm good friends with him :v:

Also I found out there's a bouldering place opening up in my town, so no more hour long drive to get to my usual spot.

You don't have to have a good chin to be a mixed martial artist, some fighters are even known for how little they get hit.

Matoi Ryuko

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I'm at the gym right now, working my way towards the pre-HRT body that I want. Down 20 pounds since January 25th!

do alot of jogging, and take alot of hot baths!! keep up the good work!!

Matoi Ryuko

i'm right handed but i want to fight southpaw because i want a more powerful jab

Matoi Ryuko

gently caress My rear end posted:

u should learn how to throw some kicks in there really throw off your opponent

well yeah i mean i'd like to be a mma fighter

Matoi Ryuko

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm also right-handed and my old coach said I could do switch style but that I should do several more years until then (this was a couple/few years ago, but my training hasn't been consistent..) to get orthodox down right. Thing is, you can always do the older but not really taught nowadays "falling jab" (that's what they called it) where you push more with the shoulder and put more weight on the lead foot. I do it at times which is probably why I love jabbing, but look up Liston and I think Dempsey. It's really old. But note that it's not about putting all your weight on the front, cuz that sticks you and slows your footwork, it's about "dropping your weight" into the punch, hard to explain but it's probably online somewhere. It's kinda like what I was taught with kenjutsu with dropping the weight to allow the blade to do its work, if you've ever done any sword work.

I read an article on dempsey's top 10 boxing tips and he talked about the falling jab, and the power line and i feel like, a powerful jab is a really good weapon to have, i mean a well timed powerful jab can win you a fight. I just feel like I'm unable to generate the same kind of power and accuracy in a jab fighting orthodox and would rather fight backwards, so to speak.

Matoi Ryuko

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I like combat sport xuz it's a full body exercise and I like bein tone and sexy.

I also having a positive outlet for being a spiteful and sadistic person.

I learned some basic BJJ/Judo last night, mostly around safe ground movement, shrimping, technical standing, how to murder someone with furious kicks while laying on your back, and some stuff with hip control.

u need to watch every video in this channel then, especially the ones on BJ penn and terere, both masters of BJJ

https://www.youtube.com/user/BJJSCOUT/videos

Matoi Ryuko

from what i learned the idea is to control the opponent's shrimping leg

Matoi Ryuko

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I actually hate ground work and all I bother learning is striking, sweeps and throws lol

Muai thai is the sport for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

We can jog box if we want to. We can leave your friends behind

• Locked thread