Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Gimmick Account posted:

I'm just staring in disbelief at the two most recent Mac cartoons. I would not have expected a major newspaper to print this kind of vile poo poo in 2017, not even the Daily Mail.

Apparently, Mac hates women even more than foreigners?

The way he imparts such all-pervasive, casual disdain for everyone who isn't a straight white man is actually quite impressive, in a twisted way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Triskelions :argh:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Are we sure that Mac didn't die and the AI replacement isn't done being calibrated yet?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I laughed at a Mac comic, I am ideologically impure, purge me now comrades :negative:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Lord of the Llamas posted:

I'll never understand how the people who deify Churchill explain to themselves how he lost the 1945 election.

Fuckin' lefty traitor luvvies :argh:

Or alternatively they don't even know that he lost because they live in a world where they have never had any of their beliefs challenged in any way

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

MREBoy posted:

Kind of odd that "Stasi" was used, as that was the East German secret police guys. I'm a USAer so I have no idea if Corbyn has/had any E. German connections, or it could be Mac is stuck in time somewhere prior to Jan 1992.

The insane twitter right has been trying to make "release the stasi files" into the new "we need to see the birth certificate" but I don't think it's working. Not for any particular reason other than they probably think it makes him sound bad because stasi sounds more ominous.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm pretty sure that the right wing press and certain Tory politicians piled in so hard on this because they really assumed that Corbyn would actually be exposed as a soviet spy; that they really have swallowed so much of their own bullshit they can't distinguish it from reality.

I think a slightly more charitable take would be that they weren't expecting the source to come out and say a bunch of even more obviously false poo poo and brand himself as a complete moron and when he did they were too far gone to not double down on it

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Naked Trump Fish Man is more distressing than I would have expected

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Ah yes imperalist capitalism, something that Russia is not guilty of at all.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

crispix posted:

The right's obsession with Diane Abbot is really something, eh :stare:

When almost everything you hate is represented by one person that tends to happen

Still find it grimly hilarious that they had to exclude her from the figures when analysing "MPs being targeted by hate speech" because she broke the statistical spread so hard.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly the real winners are the Lib Dems who reclaimed less than a quarter of the seats they lost in 2014. Not Labour who managed to increase their vote compared to the 2014 result where Ed Miliband was widely considered to be on the way to number 10. The Conservatives also deserve strong congratulations for holding on to the losses they made in 2014.

:thunk: I submit to your superior powers of Centrist Analysis

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

It almost feels nostalgic to say: gently caress Off Mac

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Honestly think that might be the first female character I've seen in a Mac comic that wasn't either massively overweight or a hideously racist stereotype.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Interesting to see the Telegraph's interpretation of Rees-Mogg's alchemical reagents wearing off, his body returning to the raw clay.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

That Times cartoon is really loving irritating. Unless I've grotesquely misunderstood how your political parties work, Corbyn isn't a loving dictator who can unilaterally throw people out of the party. So it has to go through processes. And Corbyn's doing exactly what he should be as party leader, which is making public statements disavowing these people and lighting a fire under the rear end of whatever subgroups and committees are responsible for getting rid of these people.

I guess anything to turn the focus back on him and away from the rolling dumpster fire that is the Tories, though.

Tbh it's way less annoying in a cartoon than it is in the 50th BBC interview with Hodge / Mann etc. saying "boo hoo Corbyn is so mean and weak why doesn't he just fix the antisemitism 'crisis' by doing exactly what his political / ideological opponents want"

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I know this is a "pop culture history thing" but gently caress stop using Canute turning the tides wrong, it almost certainly didn't actually happen and the original story was of him making a point that of course you can't stop the loving tide you retards no matter how awesome of a king you are.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

goatface posted:

The Barclays are rich as poo poo, they don't give a gently caress.

They probably do give a gently caress that the readership of their crappy mouthpiece is going down the shitter even faster than all the other print news.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Whales, construction workers and Marx: good things you should enjoy.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Bob... good?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Poverty and alcoholism are funny, right?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I laughed at a Matt I will go die of shame now :negative:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress off, Mac

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

There's some almost impressive dedication to being utter shite there.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The Mail back to full form, I see.

Also I laughed at a Matt, please make my blindfold comfy.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Bob is the loving worst

Hating this poo poo country is a logical position tbh

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Exactly the sort of thing you'd expect of noted murderous rear end in a top hat Winston Churchill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I feel like the world where Parliament is just a giant angry anthromorphic clock tower would be a better one tbh