Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Man with eyes like that, I think it's safe to say Mark Trail's new pal is an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Look at how drat sassy Mrs. Fillyjonks is in that last panel. That's a pretty great pose.

Also Intelligent Live continues to be Family Guy in comic strip form. Moreso than usual today.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

I might be wrong, but this has to be one of the more brutal beatings lashed out by Mr. True right? Just no sign of that guy but a hat and a crater.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Somehow Rex's demon midget spawn is even more horrifying than usual in that last panel :stare:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Say Nothing posted:

WHERE IS YOUR rear end?

You forget, asses get in the way of gams.

Also I am liking King Aroo a lot too. He's a cute lil guy for a cute lil strip :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
God Plugger Grandpa, they are called "Life Hacks" get with the times :rolleyes:

But if he were with the times....he wouldn't be a plugger I spose.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Dewgy posted:

And Griffy and Matt Groening are up for a vote too, which is kinda cool. :allears:

Reading this, I am hoping for Rumiko Takahashi cuz goddamn she's been going at it forever.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think Gil has been having new Sunday strips? I might be wrong there.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The term "rubbing the Whiffle" sounds amusingly dirty at the very least.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Following a bit close there, Jeff.

I know it's how the art in Mary Worth looks, but his expression to me is just one of barely listening or interested in her months long NYC trip "Yea. That's nice Mary. Uh huh."

FunkyAl posted:

Crankshaft merely takes place in the timeline where Lisa survived and Les never wrote his book, which is why everyone is slightly happier.

This, of course, will be ruined once Les finishes his highly radioactive dimension-hopping device to visit her, only to give her cancer all over again

Spoilers: that Crankshaft is actually a time travelling Les trapped in the mopey cancer timeline

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

idonotlikepeas posted:

N... no.. You were done! The week's over! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!

Don't say that out loud lest tomorrow's strip feature a Vader joke about altering the deal further.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

While we are on wrestling talk, is this an actual reference to WWE-invested social network flop Tout? :psyduck:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Haha I guess due to all the other social media in there my brain went past an obvious use of the word. It sounded a little weird reading it out loud though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The art in Fort Knox and Take it from the Tinkersons both feel like they're ripping off something but I can't tell what. Maybe Matt Groening and early Family Guy respectively?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

My Lovely Horse posted:

We don't talk about One Big Happy much, so I want to say it seems like a nice harmless family strip that's even a cut above the likes of Family Circus or other "oh precious children" strips but every so often you can tell it's firmly rooted further in the past than even newspaper strips get away with. It belongs with Luann in the "offensively vanilla suburban family who time forgot" category.

And also, every time someone's in profile, it looks like their mouth is hanging open and they're one second away from drooling.

That profile view is definitely my least favorite thing about that strip. It's still fun from time to time though. Or atleast harmlessly cute, which I'm ok with.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

goatface posted:

Tinkersons art seems to actually be getting worse. I'm not sure how that's possible.

I think it helps the worseness of it that the mom has the same grinning Family Guy looking expression in half the panels.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I hate how the artist tries to be cutesy in Take it to the Tinkersons and has things randomly change in each panel like shirts, hats, background things etc. Like...it's just obnoxious guy, cut it out.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Fort Knox, sorry. I got my bad comics mixed up.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Green Intern posted:

That face in the 4th panel is amazingly goofy. I love it.

I assume this is how her dad stares at sandwiches.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Pluggers what? Since when is ILY a text abbreviation? poo poo have they replaced ILU? Nobody told me! :ohdear:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

The polite thing to do is go last because normally by then you should have your decisions figured out for what to shove in your mouth hole. Or you go into panic mode and just get the first thing. You suck mom. You suck comic.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Aardmania posted:

Kind of, but it didn't change anything in the strip. Ghulk did hook up with his dance partner after falling in love with her performance, and he did propose after he found out that he was her first. She rejected him though, and we have never seen her again.

Ghulk is still around, but he really only shows up to demand that he design the wedding dress for whatever ceremony is going on.

My theory is that Brooke wrote himself into a corner when he had Amos propose to Edda. I think he really didn't want to do that story, and he's stuck with it. Now he had to come up with some ideas for a wedding sequence, and had no plans to use them. He's basically just finding ways to stall the main story by re-purposing those wedding ideas on his other characters.

I'll take it over that year and a half plus of Nazi garbage. As well as one can take it anyway.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I am curious why there are at least two strips, Rex Morgan and Judge Parker, where the whole on going theme is "the stupidly rich get richer." Is this what the fans of the comic want? :confused:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I would like to give that Luanne titles guy a serious wedgie and or swirlie. Or just a big punch to the arm to make them flinch.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I only skim by it for the most part but...they have been on that plane in 9CL for about a month now it feels like. I'd say these characters are the worst but then I'd have to remember the original main characters and that's a bad idea. I wonder if any of his so called fans are annoyed he seems to have dropped the others for these two wads? But he disabled comments iirc so who would ever know?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

SomeMathGuy posted:

He went and did an arc about Nazi loving for... what, two years? This is child's play as Brooke tangents go.

poo poo you're right. Somehow I pushed that out of my head. Probably for survival's sake.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
It's cuz she's so far away there's no need to focus on her boobs I assume.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
It's been said before and I think I even said it before but...man I hate Fort Knox's little "constantly changing details per panel". It's not cute or funny.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I don't mention it enough but man the characters in Luanne are super duper hateable.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like that Mark just has this expression on his face that really conveys the idea that there is NO way he is putting that in his magazine. I know this is also his default expression.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Are the Luann comments all from the same guy? With the dumb titles for strips and the awkward punctuation? They all seem to read the same.

Also did one of them seriously call Brad "Bread" as an insult? What the gently caress.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think the person who can't stop themselves form capitalizing every other word in the Luanne comments has quite a few issues with marriage and/or women.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think I'm just going to assume the Fort Knox characters have no lower torsos. Half their body mass is in their eyes' ability to bug out.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Maybe she is just a cynical garbage being incapable of making any actual friends.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Shugojin posted:

...Doesn't that poo poo usually have acetaminophen in it? How did he not just undergo extreme liver failure

Intensity. Integrity. Intelligence.

Nah but wrestlers are terrible freak shows sometimes, especially when it comes to substance abuse :smith:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The nurse in that Working Daze looks like Marcie from Jump Start. It probably isn't but I know he likes to include other chars just because so vOv

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
gently caress off Casper. No one's nostalgic about you.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I can't help but notice the two idiots in 9CL have actually started melting into one another's faces now. Maybe they'll just suffocate already and let us be rid of them.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Savidudeosoo posted:

I don't know, I enjoy his obsession is some sort of sick and perverted way.

Maybe because it would be an interesting quirk if done well?

I might be wrong but...has he ever even brought this up before until the last..2 strips? I might have missed him mention it because..that means I'd have to pay more attention than I do to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

WickedHate posted:

Yeah yeah yeah, I should have seen that coming.

Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka has a side A and a side B

Aww yea bkub time~

• Locked thread