Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

quote:

H. Jon Benjamin for Rip Marigold or nothing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Kid Fenris posted:

Hobbes' constant attacks mean that he's either a bullying rear end in a top hat or a manifestation of Calvin's self-harming impulses.

Overly negative way of looking at it. I always saw Hobbes' pouncing as like when a big, friendly dog jumps on you. It's rough, but there's no malice in it; he's just happy to see you!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Stages of grief, though they omitted one.

Nah, they just condensed Denial and Anger into the first panel.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Quill, in the words of Dan Savage... it's time to DTMFA.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Classic Dinette Set needs a shave.

Working Daze finally returns to fetish stuff.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just needed to get comfortable.

I develop another twitch in my eye every time Working Days over-explains its own joke.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix thinks long term.

This is why that 90's Godzilla movie sucked so bad. (Well, *one* reason)

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

It looks like there are a lot of different shades to this Mr Gray character

There's not too many, though. I'd say more than one, but not more than 100, ballpark figure?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

People keep saying this, but was it ever confirmed that the title was changed for censorship reasons, and not just because "Heavenly Nostrils" is kind of a lovely title?

Yeah I can't really fault them for changing that title. "Phoebe and Her Unicorn" is bland, but it gets the point across. "Heavenly Nostrils" just sounds like some kind of Zippy-esqe non sequitur.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

A state where APES evolved from MEN?!?!?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

The sub artists for Dilbert seem to be making little effort to add any new dynamic to Adams' art style. The first one had a strip with some interesting new perspective angles, but the rest are just straight-up aping the strip's usual aesthetic. Is Adams keeping an iron grip over how the comic is drawn, or are they just unimaginative?

I'd kinda like to see a strip done by the "DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO VIOLENCE" guy!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

SomeMathGuy posted:

What exactly was the connection between Working Daze and Zachary whatever the gently caress that led to it being posted here? Same author? I'm no longer surprised that I disliked the latter so much, regardless.

Yeah, same author; John Zachour.

Does Working Daze actually run in any papers, or is it just a webcomic?

(I don't care one way or the other. It's incompetence amuses me)

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

karmicknight posted:

I too, would love for there to be a Cuttlefish in that comic.

Pretty sure most of them work for Slynderfell.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Pluggers perpetuate the cycle of abuse upon their children. :smith:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

I'm sure the "people eat a lot at buffets" joke can be found on a cave painting somewhere.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

In TYOOL 2016, somebody got paid to make this.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

I... I don't think Matt Groening had a very good childhood, guys. :smith:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

A homeless person just like on tv! Holy poo poo a negro!

I guess we found out what happened to Delta. :smith:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

The whole "Leonardo stayed dedicated to his projects until completion" thing isn't true, either. He often got easily distracted, and left behind many unfinished drawings and concepts. There's a reason the Mona Lisa took 10 years to finish.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Pluggers is just loving with us at this point, isn't it?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Pastis knows that comics about SOME GIZMO will score him points with the Pluggers of the world.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Slammy posted:

Flapper Fanny Says

Even vintage comics that have been gone for almost a century are doing Prince tributes!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

I don't get the Beetle Bailey edit. Can someone Red & Rover it for me?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Ms Boods posted:

I love you. (in a strictly platonic, Oh wow! moon rocks!)

Simian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qj0KlHqo58

Lol of course it would be the one MST3K reference I miss. Well played!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Something about that last panel in Tina's Groove made me laugh really hard today, don't know why.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

SomeMathGuy posted:

A dumb snarky quip stretched out into a multi-panel "joke" or a horrifying glimpse at how an old man's mind is slowly deteriorating but he is nevertheless still forced to confront philosophically and theologically troubling issues presented to him by the ugly realities of our own existence? You decide!

It's probably both.

The joke is that he convinced his daughter that his purple drank is "fruit juice."

Sip dat sizzurp, Crunkshaft!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

Straight up eatin raw potatoes from a bowl like a gangsta

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Alterian posted:

So he doesn't normally use these things? :barf:

I just imagined how he smells, and now my day is ruined.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

EDIT: Never mind

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 29, 2016

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Celebrity Ghost posted:

I hate Rose is Rose with the fury of a thousand suns, but strips like this one keep it just barely above being my most hated comic. It leads me to believe underneath the shine of rainbows and rictus smiles, Rose secretly hates her life. It was probably an accidental pregnancy, caused by an intended one-night fling with an easy lay before taking off to the open road. She hates every day spent with that bulbous-nosed weirdo, the biker chick persona being a reminder of dreams ended before they could begin.

Maybe that's reading waaaay too much into it, but I like the thought that each strip is watching Rose's slow boil of pent up negativity until she finally burns her house down, with everyone in it.

Nah, that's my reading too.

And all the rainbows and candy-canes that manifest around people's heads are just hallucinations brought on by prescription drug abuse.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

I can't really summon too much hate for Tinkersons. It's just one of dozens of the same bland, zero-effort, family slice-of-life strips that infest comics sections today, like Stone Soup or Grand Avenue.

Not to say that it's good, it's just not outwardly cancerous like Intelligent Life or Piranah Club. It's like the comics equivalent of a skin tag. It's the concept of "apathy" manifested into comic form.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Anyone else willing to send pics of Intelligent Life to Seth MacFarland and hope Reddick gets a C&D letter sent to him?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

quote:

Fiendly Neighbourhood Terrorist (Justice For Michael_wme!) GoComics PRO Member said, about 21 hours ago
Oh, let’s take time off from this pointless storyline to make fun of Punching Bag Tiffany! Time to throw the Trufans a bone!

This loving guy posts on Comic Curmudgeon, too (under "Raghead the Fiendly Neighborhood Terrorist"); mostly to promote his vile webcomic.

("Vile" like "Makes Mike Lester look sane and reasonable")

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Most of the time Dick Tracy is boring. But every now and then, a few times a storyline if we're lucky, it goes balls to the loving walls.

I was about to say the same about Mary Worth.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Nice implied fellatio with the drinking straw there, JP.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Comic Strip Megathread 10-2: Vicodin is Magic

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

It'd be funny if the current Mark Trail arc turns out to be some weird screed against Elizabeth Warren.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Give this an edit to make it look like he's banging his receptionist in the dumpster. :quagmire:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

I realized why I hate Dethany more than is reasonable; she look like goth Ronald McDonald.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Julet Esqu posted:

Prince Valiant

"Now that you men are free of the dungeons, you can wear your clothes again!"

"...What clothes?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

SomeMathGuy posted:

What's this five letter word he keeps using: "drama"? Apparently it can be applied to plotting in Judge Parker? And this other six letter one: "trials"?

My one worry is that we'll see a Sally Forth crossover at some point, and Mike Manley will use the opportunity to depict both Sally and Hillary as gorgeous twenty-somethings will lovingly-rendered breasts.

• Locked thread