Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

What worries me the most about Kentucky is that Bevin is the kind of insane rear end in a top hat to go the Kansas/Wisconsin route and this state is in worse shape than those two were at the start.

People in rural places also voted for him because "He is a businessman and will bring jobs to our meth riddled shithole county"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The "take their oil" sooo makes me want to think it's parody, buuuuuuut....

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I was referring to the Trump campaign.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

gradenko_2000 posted:

It sort of like how bitcoiners had to slowly reinvent everything that banks were already doing. I think it's called "Not Invented Here" syndrome?

It is a retread of putting i in front of everything because of Apple, but instead of i it's libertarianism.

Oh, and making the same product worse.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

stinkles1112 posted:

Hahahaha you're such a stupid rear end in a top hat

He's the inspiration of my next children's book: "The Saddest Little Concern Troll"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

toanoradian posted:

Why are they defecting?

Dixiecrats shedding their disguises mostly.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

In honor of the circle jerking in this thread I'm going to go and buy a gun.

Seriously though, shut the gently caress up. The gun control advocates here are just as bad as the people we mock otherwise. I've seen near identical posts where the key words could be flipped and it would pass as a freeper post.

One neat trick to drive gun owners crazy! They hate him!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

And it would cost a shitton more for agencies that perpetually have funding issues.

Would it be better if we could just increase their funding? Probably.

Is that likely to happen? Not a chance.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

the_paradigm_shift posted:

So because it's a pie in the sky idea since Americans are dumb about guns and funding important programs that means I have to humor the guy whining about suppressors not being made easier to get?

I and a lot of others would like if there were civil and criminal charges towards those responsible for the financial crisis but the sad fact is that right now that's impossible.

Incrementalism and compromises are how things are done, not pie in the sky sweeping changes.

Well, it's how things would be done if we didn't have the political equivalent of a perpetual temper tantrum going on in congress.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

fishmech posted:

No it isn't.

Glad that's settled then.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fishmech is still sore that he once got outsmarted by a chicken.

zoux posted:

-Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law

So Abbott both supports the ACA and thinks the VRA shouldn't have been changed.

Oh wait, he used the "democratically" wildcard. Congress only counts when he wants them to.

Noam Chomsky posted:

He's also correct a lot of the time.

Let's not say anything we can't take back.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

And these days relies heavily upon ignoring how things can and do cross state lines.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Generally such people tend to believe that everyone else thinks like them so if they would shoot someone else for a perceived crime then obviously they can be shot for the same reason.

See also: "Without Jesus people would act in an immoral manner (because I would)"

computer parts posted:

I mean, we got legal weed from it, so whatever.

Never said there aren't upsides but you know these places would be using it to oppress the gently caress out of undesirables.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That's a good joke.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LeeMajors posted:

They should. But they don't.

Undifferentiated clusters of cells and proto-humans incapable of surviving on their own are more important than fully-formed, sentient human beings because religion or something.

Doubly so for a strange reason that makes the neighborhood dogs unhappy.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Luigi Thirty posted:

NBC/WSJ/Marist did some polling.

Iowa:
Cruz 28
Trump 24
Rubio 13
Carson 11
Paul 5
Bush 4
Christie 3
Fiorina 3

Clinton 48
Sanders 45
O'Malley 5

General
Clinton 48 - 40 Trump
Sanders 51 - 38 Trump

New Hampshire:
Trump 30
Rubio 14
Christie 12
Cruz 10
Kasich 9
Bush 9
Paul 5
Carson 4

Sanders 50
Clinton 46
O'Malley 1

General
Clinton 45 - 44 Trump
Sanders 56 - 37 Trump

Interesting how much Sanders outperforms Hillary in a Trump matchup though of course any general election polling this far out is meaningless.

The KILL YOUR PARENTS Sanders supporters won't vote for Hillary.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yoshifan823 posted:

"Matt Bevin has notified the feds that he'll [be a giant dumb fuckhead]"

It should be noted that it could cost in excess of 23 million dollars to dismantle kynect, which is an interface that has helped a lot of Kentucky residents get access to healthcare, but The Party of Reduced Spending clearly knows what it's doing here, right?

About 10% of this state is in the Medicaid expansion. I was until recently and it allowed me get some surgery i desperately needed. And now I'm starting a new job that'll pay rather well for the state.

I am fortunate that I wasn't saved from health insurance sooner.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

zoux posted:

Guys I just thought of a US law that was about race.

I thought of one too, but I bet it's a different one.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Condiv posted:

yeah.... there's no signs at all of an upcoming recession. like for example a recent bubble in tech that's starting to deflate, china's markets crashing, overinflated house and rental prices in numerous cities in the us. nope, no signs of economic issues looming at all

China's struggles are good for the US economy since we import a good amount of products from them. It would hurt the US if the US invested in China or sold lots of goods to China.

Australia is fuuucked though.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

bird cooch posted:

No? You can tell by the aca exsisting.

You could just admit that you don't understand politics instead of making such a statement.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

bird cooch posted:

Thats funny. You are funny. Good job.

This is true and not necessarily a good thing.

Not as funny as believing that Lieberman was a democrat.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

DeusExMachinima posted:

a) there's not going to be a deterrent effect because everyone of them think they're superior, so only the other guys will get caught and never them.

It is an industry made up of "The smartest guy in the room"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Our diplomatic approach towards Iran has been working quite well recently.

• Locked thread