Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Renegret posted:

Eonwe thank you for your posting please keep up the good work.

I'm at work today so I can't check in has anything good happened so far?

Do you like sports panel-esque speculation and shopping channel style prize shilling? If not, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Can we get Studio on the floor to do some postgame interviews with the runners?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What's with the second couch behind the first? Are those the runner's friends who are too autistic to get miced up?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Do people play this game for the single player? I assumed it was a multiplayer only game. is the single player any good?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Someone mentioned Twitch chat, time for all the people who like mentioning they hide Twitch chat to come out the woodwork.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

West Ham Sandwich posted:

This is a really good pace for this run too, shame he had 1 or 2 couple second "THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE"s

At least he was self aware enough not to say it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did that kid bring his mum to AGDQ?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Schurik posted:

OK I take it back, this is way less awkward than past interviews.

They probably pre-screened the runners after the Crash Bandicoot guy.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why would someone choose to speedrun this game? It's not interesting mechanically, it's not difficult, it's not a fondly remembered classic. Is it just a big fish small pond situation?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Looking at the schedule i see we have a fire emblem game on the schedule for the end of today? That's gonna be interesting to see.

You've obviously never seen a Fire Emblem speedrun.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

drunken officeparty posted:

This is the first time I'm watching this live. I've seen a few videos from previous years of games I actually care about (Paper Mario, HL2).

Do they ever gently caress up hard. Like I'm watching this just hoping that the guy dies or something.

They usually use safer strategies to prevent this, but it does happen. A pretty awkward one was a guy running Super Meat Boy and he couldn't make easy jumps. It turned out that the gamepad drivers on the machine broke the game so the walljump physics didn't work. You're most likely to see people loving up in races because they try risky stuff and mess up then they have to sit there awkwardly while the other people finish.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Is Prinny a good enough run for me to stay up late? Or can I just catch it on YouTube later?

I don't know but good luck staying awake listening to this guy commentating.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Guy making fat jokes with that couch. Awkward.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Microwaves Mom posted:

Why would you do this? Do you literally not trust anyone to be able to help you beat a game fast enough that you have to do both roles yourself?

I mean it's a local coop game. Maybe his roommate didn't want to speedrun Goof Troop with him.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Goof Troop was a really fun coop game that i had a lot of fun with when i was 6.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Microwaves Mom posted:

This game looks so baller to co-op though that its a shame.

They have run it coop in the past but it's a puzzle game for children so watching adults who have memorised the game play it isn't that interesting.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My copy was second hand and someone wrote all the level select cheats in the notes section of the instruction manual.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Lord Chumley posted:

Was there any ADGQ awkwardness day 1?

Darksiders 2.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is that a turtle man?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why are they running a broken as gently caress beta build demo? Did the dev pay off the organisers to get exposure?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Good to see the couch brought their jerkoff blanket.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does he have to move exactly on the beat or does he just have to have an input for each beat?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
lol he has to start again

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Breakerdash: milleniums ago? Really? You put yet ANOTHER token 'gamer-girl' out there, and it's another muppet? Just stop.

token gamer girls and their grammar errors smh

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
This game looks pretty cool to speedrun in coop but the commentary style of "Oh i don't feel like playing right now so i'm going to die. SIKE! That's what you're meant to do!" is the worst.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Good to see Miles sitting up for once rather than melting during his run.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't know much about Metroid games, but i'm pretty sure that crab thing isn't a Metroid.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Oh the Metroid was wearing clothes.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Don't they already have a 6 or 12 month rule for games?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Regy Rusty posted:

I appreciate hand cam

I want a close up of his ball cupping hand instead.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They're undressing now.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

argondamn posted:

So did no one register to attend?

Yes but most people there are for the gay orgies rather than watching boring runs. They'll all shuffle in for the bandwagon runs like Metroid race.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My grandma died of cancer because she dodged everything else that gets you in your 90s.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Are the TMNT fresh or salt water turtles?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Rirse posted:

Anyone got a link to the Strider run since the reddit page isn't in the OP.

They are all on reddit so check there.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Cowman posted:

midget's crawling in the ducts watch out

please don't say midget it's a banned word

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Which guy is which screen?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They don't have much to say.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hm. I know there's huge boosts in the last days, but we're about half way through and not over 400k yet.

will the million dream die this time

hoip

They're roughly 50k behind where they were at this point last year. It will still get a million, but it won't be as high as last year because there was a bu with the tracker so people ended up donating an extra 500k in the last few hours trying to get it to a million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anyone have a gif of that guy in the audience getting up to shake hands with the girls near him from the other day?

• Locked thread