Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am back from seeing The Hateful Eight. Doesn't reach the high standards set by the last two Tarantino films but heck, I had a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Every single conversation is so tense because everyone is so (rightfully) paranoid, it's great.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I am going to see it soonish, but I still feel like Tarantino peaked with Inglorious Basterds.

Which is not to say Django wasn't great, or that I don't expect Hateful Eight to be, but I went in prepared for them not to surpass his previous work.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting something of Inglorious Basterds' level and I feel like that's the best mindset to be in.

I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to Django yet, outside of Django being a more rewatchable film.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

The first half felt mostly like a thematic rehash, which was worrying to me, but the second half steered it in a darkly hilarious new ground. it was from beginning to end competently executed and entertaining tho. Fun fact: I had no idea the movie was 180 minutes so when the intermission came on and the lights went up I was shocked. Shocked!

Didn't even feel like a three hour movie

I wish I could have seen the version with the intermission because it's v obvious where the break is supposed to be. At least I knew about it, so I understood what was happening, haha.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

A buddy gifted me Downwell and right now it feels a lot like the first time I wore ice skates.

Excellent.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

The first time I wore ice skates I fell down a lot and cried.

And then you become real good and wonder how you even made those mistakes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

3 new helcks

The scanlator is growing more powerful

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

i love that its their first attempt at scanlation and theyre doing such a good job at it

whatever series they pick after helck will have blessed fans

drat that's great for the first try. I hope they stick with scanlating other things.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dota :twisted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I will now contemplate a real list and all I know for certain is that Downwell is gonna be one of em

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In it, voted 5.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Since Macross Delta isn't actually airing proper until April I don't feel the show itself needs a thread yet tho general Macross threads have gone over well enough in the past.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'd enjoy a macross thread even though the only one I can really talk about atm is super dimension fortress.

Watch Macross Plus!!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heh

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

the genderbent not-incest ecchi epic

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Let's make this thread a Boner-Free zone for 2016. Who's with me?

*sound of crickets*

Hell,

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

Someone I know is convinced the Persona 5 protagonists are supposed to be "evil." I said I didn't think that was supposed to be the case, but he said "Atlus is pretty good at keeping things under wraps." He describes what they're doing as a "serious moral grey area."

Heck, Lupin can be that sometimes so now I want it to be so.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The episode of Lupin where he sets a man on fire and laughs as he burns to death.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Droyer posted:

not sure that's really gray zone

I will admit I just wanted to talk about that episode.

The dude also was asking for it since he set Lupin on fire earlier in that episode.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It doesn't really happen with modern Lupin as often, but in old Lupin episodes if you gently caress with Lupin you get wrecked.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The pool hustler/expert marksman Minnesota Fats wants to kill Jigen, and his first step is to burn Jigen's hats.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

the overture is what sounded really cool, and yeah an actual intermission for a 3hr movie would be super nice!

I wish I could have seen that version. I could tell where the intermission was supposed to be during the movie and it's neat.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

allow me to take you on a visual novel journey...into the theater...of the mind

Scene: High School

Enter: Two girls who are in high school, and you can tell because they're in uniforms

Sai: It's already been two weeks since we...*blush*

Mai looked around nervously. She picked up her pencil, and then put it down again. She looked at the pencil: it was yellow, with black lead. Putting the pencil down, she turned to Sai, who was known to own and use pencils

Mai: I know...I still think of that night every time I see the oak tree by my house, where you...ah, well, what do you want from Arby's?

Exit: The two girls, heading into the Arby's located in their cafeteria...just another day in America County Public High School, America City, USA

lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched that first ep of Thunderbolt and

well

It's a thing that exists.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i can't loving believe srice is betraying me again

It's a well made thing that doesn't do much for me personally

I get why people are digging it and heck it's short enough that I probably will watch more

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Just watch Iron Blooded Orphans. Show continues to rock all the socks and it might end up being my 2nd favorite Gundam show (that privilege still belongs to G Gundam, but who knows).

Yah I've been keeping up with it and I really dig it. Definitely wound up being the sort of show I had been hoping for.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't played Bayo 2 but I wasn't a fan of the Bayo 1 boss fights compared to the regular monsters

Except for the Jeanne fights.

I really wish I didn't have to replay that missile segment to do the final fight with her

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

Bayo boss fights in general get really boring after you've seen the spectacle the first time and replay the game because they are giant set pieces with flow breaking poo poo not unlike god of war

Yeah

I've replayed the Jeanne stages a bunch of times but notsomuch with the other bosses for that exact reason

Especially the final boss

I haven't played Bayo 2 yet so I don't know if they improved in that regard

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wish they'd realize that one of the reasons that DMC3 has the best final boss in the genre is because there's nothing to interrupt the fight, you just duke it out until someone can't fight anymore.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

It's more or less the same. Bayo 2 improves on Bayo 1 in a lot of ways, but just as much has as many glaring faults. They're both about the same quality which is to say very good games.

Since the genre isn't bursting with a lot of choices I'm down for more of the same. Only reason I haven't played it is because I don't have a Wii-U, but when I eventually get one it's definitely on the list.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

Vergil in general is just a fantastic boss fight and Angelo Credo from DMC4 ups the scale as another really good Vergil style boss, but you only get to fight him once unfortunately

Word.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It kinda seems like to me that the only thing CLAMP is interested in these days is making stuff designed for their hardcore fans?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've been watching the second 90s Dirty Pair series and, well

It's not awful

But the fact that the entire second series takes place in a huge theme park that simulates 1990s Tokyo is highly questionable at best.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Between starting up the Eva simulwatch and finally getting a non-awkward setup to get on my bike and watch stuff I think I am no longer feeling that anime burnout, woo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

anime is...NOT kid stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg5fR05st58

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

In this episode of Tetsujin 28-gou, Shotaro completely destroys a perfect teleporter that has no downsides, flaws, or malfunctions, one of the greatest inventions humanity could possibly produce, one that would revolutionise the world, in order to stop a thief from robbing banks.

Yeah, that's not one of the better episodes.

With how it ends I think it works better if you view it as a twilight zone episode.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

is a man not entitled to his fee fees

no, says the maudlin anime fan, you must cry or you're a robot

no, says the yuri cartel, you must dig this seriously forward thinking make out pic

no, says the droyer, you must love robots, well, at least, if you want to, I guess it's okay if you don't, everyone has their own opinions...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

say goodbye to the year of yuri and hello to the year of luigi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

It's kind of weird to me that modern teen anime fans can just fire up crunchyroll or netflix and drown in anime

They'll never know what it's like, dropping 25 buck for a four episode DVD.

Hell, that can be said about a lot of things

• Locked thread