Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Tough posted:

I hate to spoil the ending but the police will probably just surround the place and starve them out. I know a lot of people on this subforum have turned on a dime into bloodthirsty maniacs, but I would be surprised if it turned into a giant shootout.

Yeah, this. The 90's taught the feds that going in hard ends up with congressional hearings and a pile of body bags, but surrounding them and waiting them out usually results in the militia collapsing into infighting or surrender. I'd be happiest if we managed to do this the right way so that nobody dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

bird cooch posted:

Go to the freep thread. Embrace the void.

I had to quit FReep. Got to be too depressing to read in the winter. I'll maybe pop back after Hillary wins to bathe in tears.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jarmak posted:

Honestly I think the only reason they work so well is because people believe the Hollywood nonsense, I think it's because when you turn a laser on the person on the other end's thinking goes from "he's threatening me" to "he's preparing to fire".

I've seen many times people completely ignore command's to stop with weapon's pointed at them because (I speculate) they don't feel like it and they think they can get away with it because we generally go out of our way not to shoot people, only to completely lock up their brakes up or throw themselves on the ground with their hands up the second someone puts a laser on them.

It's remarkable how often people's idea of what happens during an emergency is informed by what they see on TV. Sometimes it's good, like bystanders won't touch people who've been in serious accidents because they know that that can gently caress up someone's spine. Sometimes it's bad, like bystanders won't touch someone who's been in a serious accident even though his car is on fire.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

I am somewhat ashamed to understand most of that, but I do have some questions.
Is "The Continental uNited States of America" a typo or is there meaning to it? Same with "eStates"
What's with "the SEE (SEA)"?

I can't decode it for you, but all of their cargo cult-y pseudo-lawspeak has a purpose. Usually you can assume that they're trying to separate what they think of as actual things from legal fictions. The psychology of it all is pretty fascinating and very, very comparable to the activities of cargo cults in Polynesia.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Murderion posted:

Not an American, but wouldn't that get a whole alphabet soup of agencies on your rear end to send you to double-prison?

Yes. It's an exceptionally bad idea and your fellow shooters will likely rat you out if they find out about it because no one wants to get hit with any of the poo poo that will fly when the feds drop on you like a thunderbolt.

• Locked thread