Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Goon alert:

https://twitter.com/DandelionDollar/status/683537901980762112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I could see this ending potentially badly but it won't rub everyone the wrong way as Ruby Ridge/Waco because of the lack of some ingredients mentioned above i.e. family and kids, religiosity and the private property last castle element.

Everyone remembers ruby ridge as feds showing up on some deep rural property and shooting a woman and son in cult member cloth clothing, following some kind of intrigue and mistakes by the government.

This on the face of it is more like a seize by surprise that could just as well get surprise gassed and shot up and remembered as a bunch of guys getting shot and meh

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Grem posted:

I agree but I'm really unhappy about this whole thing because I don't think anything will happen for another month or so. I'm impatient in my lust for white death.

Yes, me also. Montel Williams liked my thoughts on this and also someone else

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

skaboomizzy posted:

Thought experiment: if the Bundy clan had done this while wearing balaclavas and waving an ISIS flag, exactly how dead would they be right now?

Maybe not dead yet but there would be a mainstream media outlet declaring the need for their death, yes

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Al! posted:

I think they're going to let them tromp around and play white man's revolution until someone actually needs to use the building.

I'd hate to be the guy who has to clean the toilets afterwards, though.

Ill be bringing up the topic of Timothy McVeigh to anyone making sympathetic statements I think

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

baw posted:

how pathetic does your life have to be where you are willing to drop everything and go hang out with a bunch of dorks in a cabin in the middle of nowhere for no reason

Because you have a raging boner for power and secretly for anarchy so you could potentially rule over ruins and scraps of a lovely patch of soil. Hence why this obsession with Sherrifs being the master at a county level- its a throwback to some clan leadsr who could die and could be replaced by the strongest of the pack as long as the supply of doritos and hot pockets is sustained

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

rudatron posted:

An officer is expected to use the appropriate level of force to overcome resistance - that means they have a 'right' to escalate, something normal citizens don't have. That's why they're the police. That's obviously not justifying pointless killing, or using more force that is appropriate, but you are dead wrong if you think that lethal force can only be used in response to lethal force. That's not how it works.

edit: Though I'll admit your response is technically understandable - I didn't but should have qualified the terms about overcoming resistance. That's my mistake.

Interesting. Am an American whos been overseas for a long time and it didnt feel like that many places, that whole right to escalate thing. Seems kinda brutish

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I love that the thread of Waco is enough to not only demand that the place not be sieged (which is perfectly reasonable, don't get me wrong) but is now enough to also demand that nothing else be done even after the fact. Oh, a guy left and we could arrest him? That would be another Waco! Tell Fedex not to deliver? That'd be Waco! Maybe stop people from slashing locals tires? Waco.

Guys, if we don't let the Bundy's have the land and distribute it as they see fit, then ignore everything they have done and fail to ever prosecute them for it, there might be a Waco.

Agree with this.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

theflyingorc posted:

Did anybody link this?

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_militants_say.html

The militants intend to go into town Friday and hold an open meeting about why they're there and when they plan to leave

Hopefully that lets them see in person how much the community hates them

False-flag in audience brings up snacks, fresh baking, says keep on' and is focus of their media efforts as boxes of dildos are shoved aside out of camera sight

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
So I read about this road being bulldozed, Indian archaeological sites being potentially deserved, god drat I wish these idiots would be arrested already and judging by the crazy youtube video I watched a while ago they enjoy little/none at all local support and just a small web of hard cranks

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
That is a fascinating perspective. Makes me just feel for the residents of the area even more

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

"It is a noble death, to die while driving a great distance in stolen government property to get snacks" - Sun Tzu

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

fsif posted:

I hate those goofball chucklefucks and their moronic fake cause as much as anyone, but the police report saying they shot first deserves as much scrutiny as we would extend to a black man shot dead in Harlem. Seems very premature to be so cavalier about an incredibly tragic incident.

Unironically this

Still want to see more visual/audio expressions of fear and cowardice among those at the ranch and quality meme production at this crucial point in time to defame the faux manhood of all involved

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Can someone link me the Santelli stream?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Thank you for that link- trying to rewind it. As a side note: this on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uUZCgDMoxY

Jacobin fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 27, 2016

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Ice cold man... ice cold

https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/status/692192301490311171

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Weembles posted:

Sounds like someone got a "come to Jesus" talk from the feds.

Reminds me of something out of Man in the High Castle

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Torpor posted:

If the Sheriff was gaming the Bundy's to lure them out then that actually makes the FBI/LE seem rather competent.

My interpretation was actually more like how quickly he got turned against them with some federal woodshed talks, and then believe they needed to be taken in himself (folks like this kind of always believe they were on the right path of thinking).

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

STAC Goat posted:

Man, gently caress him so loving much.

I'm really torn here. On one hand I'm glad these fuckers are freaking out. That after a month of playing soldier they're faced with the actual reality of what they've been doing and it scares the poo poo out of them. They don't want to die or kill anyone, they're just scared and want the game to end. Which is good. I'm glad they're human.

But MOTHERFUCKER YOU ASSHOLES CAUSED THIS! THIS IS YOUR loving FAULT! I HATE YOU AND I HOPE YOU loving ROT!

Its really, really frustrating.

Am personally happy for them to live in peace separated and moved on from their ill-conceived militia cause. Except now with properly enforced financial ruin from the federal and state level everywhere they go.

Also loss of 2nd amendment rights

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Internet Webguy posted:

The gummy bears must be working.

Ahaahha

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Jacobin fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 27, 2016

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I am hoping someone makes a Metal Gear Solid V-esque mod for this whole thing, once the dust settles

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Has this been posted yet?
Some guy posted on Finicums youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8XKRnHs68

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Wtf is this crap on Santelli feed? where is the close up footage of him cowering in fear and in handcuffs, running around yelling magic sovcit phrases. Thats what I want to see

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

Is tarp man dead? :ohdear:

Yes. Tarps at half mast today.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Geostomp posted:

It's official, this is the best quote for summarizing this entire pathetic "movement". A bunch of grown men and women with delusions of grandeur playing pretend army over imagined slights like overgrown children. I hope that jail is especially hard on all of them.

I hope the acrimony that they face is pitiless, and they have to face their families they have let down, and after a period of making face growing up children internalise the humiliation and resent their fathers/mothers involved and live diametrically different lives in federal government jobs

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
What are they doing? Scorched earth tactics to deny archaeological sites to the bolshevik feds?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Nonsense posted:

I'm glad the FBI ended these bad men who make a mockery of the real injustices in America.

This is what really gets me.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Oh jesus. Look this fat pug try and rationalize the issue of bringing his wife and children into danger for nothing.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
MEDIA TRUCK LEFT WHY :< ???? (wants ratings)

OH they left because they want to cover it up!!!

The cognitive dissonance is amazing. This guy is a real threat. He is a loose cannon imo

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

ToastyPotato posted:

None of these stream links work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-2gUXrzV6U ?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Alright he just reset it. Time for me to go I think, nothing is gonna happen this morning from the feds, just their own implosion if anything

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
E: fixing link

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZvfFqyWwAAmav0.jpg

Oh boy.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's so surreal to see everyone taunting these people and practically giddy because the FBI shot someone. Christ, is our culture war horseshit really that entrenched in everyone now?

I remember back in the day when everyone hated the government, conservative and liberal. But now it's more important to fit in with your left/right tribe above all else and make fun of those OTHERS and make sure you keep fitting in with your side no matter what. Can't think critically, can't consider both sides, certainly can't do anything but support the government unconditionally no matter what because the other side is doing the exact opposite and we can't show anything that might be construed as empathy with those devils, no matter what!

It's to the point now where even young marxists and revolutionaries are beyond elated that the FBI just killed someone and is tuning in hoping for more deaths. Unfuckingbelievable that this is where we're at now as a culture.

Fyi I dislike the government but for real reasons and want real solutions like popular revolutions, not extreme whackjob militants with no popular support or accountability

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Links to current streams?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

STAC Goat posted:

This dude just said that he wants to get America back to "organic law" because we're actually all in "maritime law."

And now they're talking about the secret constitutional "free zones" and the secret "wording" you can use to get out of arrests.

poo poo. I thought you guys were exaggerating about that stuff. This is nuts.

Wait- which stream?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Flicking over that initial complaint was joyous. Santelli's video footage being used to incriminate all of them. All of them are so hosed.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Telsa Cola posted:

I want to read that itemized list of everything in there

There will definitely federal agents with pick up duty...

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Stream is back up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbRcFW7dqEo

Guy is saying "I have a huge bank account, but gently caress this life, I want to be up by my god"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I am so glad we all get to contribute to hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal law enforcement to boil down to this 'are you ok?' pity fireside session

• Locked thread