Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

skaboomizzy posted:

Thought experiment: if the Bundy clan had done this while wearing balaclavas and waving an ISIS flag, exactly how dead would they be right now?

They would have been blown to hamburger with a predator drone about 10 minutes after they occupied the cabin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Oh no the federal government is protecting natural resources :freep:

In Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and to an extent Texas, California and Nevada they also protect a lot of important cultural resources, and once those are gone, be it destroyed by idiot ranchers, or a mining company building a destructive mine with a high risk of cave-in (like they're doing out by Apache Flats) they're gone.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

As a Millennial I posted:

The "United States of America" are just that, the United States, while the federal government, aka United States, Inc., is a foreign business incorporated in Puerto Rico (???). Or something.

I like that Dale Gribble, a caricature designed to lampoon sovereign citizens and conspiracy nuts, somehow makes more sense in his ramblings about gold-fringed flags and naval courts than the real deal.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Bast Relief posted:

NPR this morning aired soundbites from the concerned citizens. I don't know what I expected. They definitely want the militia out, but they are also definitely sympathetic to their cause. I have no idea how the US manages to have any public lands, national parks or preserves at all since it seems no one can grasp that there is value in natural landscapes other than the resources you can crudely extract from them.
The answer is lobbying. A lot of is by groups like the Sierra Club and the various Audubon groups, but there is a lot of great work done to preserve both environmental and cultural resources by groups like Archaeology Southwest. It involves long, tiring work with elected officials who give a poo poo. For an example, Archaeology Southwest has been trying very hard for years now to expand Casa Grande Ruins National Monument to include a few important nearby sites and also to establish a national monument at the Gila Bend to preserve the riparian and archaeological resources there. Being Arizona, that basically means lobbying the few dumbass Republicans you can maaaaaaaaaaybe convince and sane people like Raul Grijalva and Ann Kirkpatrick. But it's tough going and yeah, a lot of the time ranching, mining and land-destroying interests win out, as in the Oak Flat case.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

As a Millennial I posted:

I wish the conversation had gone on longer, I really want to know where he was going with Earth's true names.
Probably some insane fundie Mormon poo poo. Last I checked they're Nevada Mormons, who are below Utah and Northern Arizona Mormons in weird, but not by a whole lot.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

kartikeya posted:

A few more links I've run into this morning.

This guy sums up what this argument is about pretty neatly: http://z1.hcn.org/hcn/hcn/articles/im-not-so-different-from-the-bundys-heres-what-id-like-to-say-to-them

And remember, it's just a bird sanctuary. Clearly there's nothing of real value there--oh wait.

http://www.kgw.com/news/4000-artifacts-stored-at-oregon-refuge-held-by-armed-group/15241509

Bonus idiocy from that link:

Always nice to see a bunch of entitled, destructive white morons fail to understand the importance of understanding the past 20,000 years of human history in the Americas and the dynamic relationships between humans and nature played out across that time. There is a wealth of usefulness to "modern cultures" that can be gleaned from understanding how humans succeeded and failed in the past.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I cannot believe the FBI is negotiating with Bundy.

Seriously, why didn't he get arrested when he met with them? Arresting him individually wouldn't cause bloodshed. It wouldn't interfere with their ability to continue the current "let them do whatever as long as they have guns pointed at us" strategy.

It would be a free lunch for the FBI, basically.

Thread contrarians, please help me to understand the FBI's logic.

FBI somehow even dumber than depicted on hit TV show "The X-Files".

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

Every single one of these militants deserve to be loving executed, no trial. Just shot point-blank in the loving head after they're captured, surrender or no.

Okay Bashar, we'll get right on that. Also, we'll drop those barrel-bombs on that Tea Party rally while we're at it.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

sparatuvs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RoeNxjaShk

Inside. At least 8 still there. all seem armed with long guns

Nice OPSEC there buddy, show your hand. GOOD JOB!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Who is the source for The Assassination of Roy Finecum by the Coward Barack Obama that they keep talking about? Is Mr. Mai rear end?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

So apparently Cliven is the one claiming Ammon called him and told him that Finecum was murdered.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Which is like the third version of the story.

It was on an actual news broadcast, with him being interviewed over the phone. Likely total bullshit from both him and Ammon, but at least it's not some unnamed mystery source anymore.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

So are the feds arresting people who have left?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

It seems like they scooped up all the ringleaders and gave everyone else the chance to walk away.

I wonder if they're going to pick them up later, or if they already have and are just keeping mum on it to avoid an escalation.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

So stream has this woman who says she was there in the car claiming they were all murdered and shot at 120 times. How would this supposed person not have been arrested, since everyone there was arrested and not allowed to talk to media?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Is Caro alive? Did he bug off to Oregon? Or is this Kyoon?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Sounds like the Feds are in the bearcats blasting at them to give up over a loudspeaker.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Where the gently caress is this poo poo about Hillary Clinton selling the land to the Russians to mine uranium coming from?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Kazak_Hstan posted:

NTA is such a lovely streamer.

Let me show you my desk, and my monitors, and my living room.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

buttcoinbrony posted:

what exactly is going on in the NTA channel right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

Tequila.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

So LaVoy wrote a book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014901Q8Q?tag=buzz0f-20

I'd advise reading the 5 star reviews. There's some troll ones, but a apparently a lot of people like it, because they totally agree with him

Though can someone explain what TEOTWAWKI means? Is it like RahoWa?

The Bear from Star Wars?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Despera posted:

This is a humor website first, liberal cesspool second

I thought we were a CIA front first and foremost?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Isn't he doing 23 a day in the hole? Does he want that to be a full 24?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

So is Obama going to crucify him or not?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

McGlockenshire posted:

Oh my god he's afraid of prison rape.

Someone is a big fan of The Boondocks it seems.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

evilweasel posted:

Who is this new person?

I can't make it out but it almost sounds like an agent over a radio or something.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

god dammit he's going to kill himself just to stop listening to these yammering dumbfucks

Well, we have one thing in common.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Wait, loving Franklin Graham is out there? What in the gently caress is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Mirthless posted:

Jesus christ I can't loving believe they are shoving religion down this loving guy's throat

what bad loving timing

They figure if he's going to die he'll need da Jesus before hand. That's honestly more important to them than talking him off the edge.

• Locked thread