Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

This is definitely going to end differently than the Bundy Ranch. They aren't on their own property, they're in federal buildings. They'll at least be removed from the buildings, my guess is with a long waiting out period and maybe some tear gas. They seem to have left the women and children behind, hopefully they rectify that so they can cry about them getting tear gassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Jacobin posted:

I could see this ending potentially badly but it won't rub everyone the wrong way as Ruby Ridge/Waco because of the lack of some ingredients mentioned above i.e. family and kids, religiosity and the private property last castle element.

Everyone remembers ruby ridge as feds showing up on some deep rural property and shooting a woman and son in cult member cloth clothing, following some kind of intrigue and mistakes by the government.

This on the face of it is more like a seize by surprise that could just as well get surprise gassed and shot up and remembered as a bunch of guys getting shot and meh

I agree but I'm really unhappy about this whole thing because I don't think anything will happen for another month or so. I'm impatient in my lust for white death.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Did that press conference kick off yet or did they realize no one gives a gently caress what they have to say in the middle of Sunday football?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Bubbacub posted:

Yeah, is there precedent for this? A second jail sentence does seem unreasonable.

Probably the best part about it is even if you don't agree with the judge sending them back to jail, even the dudes in jail don't want anything to do with Bundy and crew.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Judging from the mats I'd say that equipment was there already.

ufarn posted:

is he burning a kfc bucket

Yes, if you burn our flag we will burn what represents you! A bucket with a picture of an old white slave owner.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Goons unironically fantasizing about recreating Waco ITT

That was me until they started letting kids into the compound.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

People comparing this to protestors in the city aren't doing anyone a bit of good. There are a multitude of differences between these guys and other stuff that happens in populated areas that aren't related to skin color. Although yea if they were flying ISIS flags they'd probably be dead, but then they probably wouldn't have given a press conference either.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Almost a full page without someone linking the Waco wiki, I feel like that's progress.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

These guys are living the definition of "you didn't build that".

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just turned on the stream but folks seem pretty pro militia?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

This would be about the easiest situation to get an informant into.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh my God please let something happen soon.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm pretty sure that place isn't as prone to roadblocks as everyone is suggesting. If it's all flat land it would be a major task to make ot inaccessible to trucks.

Should probably just boot whatever vehicles they come in to town on Friday.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm the unbroken seals on the caps.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I wonder what percentage of that is their total donations. Like of it's 90% dildos it'd be pretty peachy.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

1) are you 12?

I mean, you're talking to the kid who pretended to be a professional shoplifter, posted a bunch in TCC, then went into GIP claiming he was starting police academy soon. He's just a kid who likes drugs and likes to lie on the internet. You guys are arguing with someone who's world scope doesn't go much beyond high school and his mom's basement.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

The article says that the second guy was in the store already by the time the police got there. It's stupid hard to prosecute someone for driving a vehicle if you don't catch them driving the vehicle.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

If only they could check his pockets for the car's keys or something. I'm sure he left no evidence in the vehicle either.

I've responded to a guy in a crashed car in the passenger seat. He was wasted as gently caress. It was his car but he claimed someone was driving him home from a bar, someone he doesn't know, who ran off after he crashed the car. DA wouldn't prosecute for DUI.

Sorry guys laws are stupid sometimes.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Iowa Snow King posted:

The fact that these guys asked for support and received a bunch of dildos is going to be in the historical record

If you don't see the appeal of that I don't know what to tell you

I'm banking on the acrid smoke from a burning dildo when this goes all WACO causing at least one death.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

marshalljim posted:

So what was the rationalization for them not arresting the second driver? The guy steals a federal vehicle and they are somehow stymied by the mystical powers of the grocery-store door and become incapable of following up in any way?

Granted, many American LEOs are mouth-breathing, gun-obsessed, wingnut losers just like these militia shitstains. It's not all that surprising that they would bend over backwards to put things in the best possible light for these felons whom they broadly sympathize with. Stuff like this is just straight-up dereliction of duty, though.

No officer saw him driving the vehicle. The DA isn't going to take a case where the defense just has to invent a driver and say their client walked to the store.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh word? What was he wearing? What did he look like? A white guy in flannel huh? Welp time to flip this Oregonian super market upside down until we find such a uniquely described individual.

The articles I've read don't have any details about how the incident was reported or if there are witnesses that could identify him. If they went in to the supermarket who would they question?

I should use quotes, obviously in response to the guy two above me.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

marshalljim posted:

This is so clueless it's painful to read. "Reasonable doubt" is a standard that applies at (criminal) trial. If the existence of any kind of "reasonable doubt" meant that law enforcement officers had to give up on trying to figure out what happened in a particular case, almost no one would ever be convicted of anything. The point of investigating is to reveal more information. Information which might clarify things... Or, uh, do away with doubts.

Anyone. Literally loving anyone. Which they did not do.

Do you guys honestly believe that it's standard practice to come across a stolen vehicle with the engine still hot, and to tow the thing off and consider the matter resolved? Without so much as walking into the adjacent podunk supermarket with its two cashiers and four customers to ask around?

No, of course you don't. Like the officers who allowed this to happen, you're contorting yourselves into whatever kind of ridiculous positions it takes to let these pieces of poo poo get away with as many serious crimes as possible.

I want them to burn WACO style as much as the next guy, but neither you nor I know exactly what the police did or did not do beyond what is in the article.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Internet Webguy posted:

Most law enforcement are right-wingers who think these guys have some valid concerns about the government and are just choosing a poor way to express it but we should try to hear them out.

What a weird thing to lie about.

e:mostly right wingers sure, but not a whole lot that I know think that these guys are anything but loony, and I'm betting I know a few more than you, even with internet personalities.

Grem fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 16, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Who are they talking to? Just some FBI guy standing outside?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just randomly dropping "Pete got arrested" while the stream is down is pretty fun.

oh I got blocked, lol

Grem fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 16, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's also a legal distinction between committing a crime and committing a crime while wearing body armor! That really doesn't have anything to do with anything sorry.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

I'm honestly not aware of any such legal distinctions. Please explain.

Here's the federal code: 42 U.S.C. Section 3796ll-3(d)(1)

Other states also make distinction, Virginia for example: https://vacode.org/18.2-287.2/

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Going to sell it to a friend and too lazy to put it in the case.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Being a foster parent as your main source of income just sounds so wrong, but you know that was probably his main source of labor on his ranch, too.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What's going to be the straw that breaks the camels back here? Do the FBI go looking for these kids now? Probably not. If I was a local I'd be terrified, these asses have basically been given a safe base in a game of tag. They could go into town and straight rob and rape people, make it back to the compound before the cops show up and you're good!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't think anyone has said Ferguson isn't ok? Just that the situations are different.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Thump! posted:

I'm starting to get the impression that these folk aren't the brightest cowpokes at the ranch.

It's just short cited thinking. Whenever a meme complaining about restrictions on fishing I point out that corporations would make most fish extinct i a few years if they weren't regulated.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Is this the meeting where they're supposed to give their exit strategy?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Ran Mad Dog posted:

Are the bad men dead yet? If not, then how the hell is this still going on?

Actually in quite an interesting twist last night they had a meeting and made a pretty compelling point that WE are the bad men. So....kill yourself, I guess?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

About 25 minutes back in Pete's stream Pete is talking about getting everyone out of the refuge, he's in total retreat and I hope the rest are too.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Grem posted:

About 25 minutes back in Pete's stream Pete is talking about getting everyone out of the refuge, he's in total retreat and I hope the rest are too.

Oh lol I just got to the part where whoever he was on the phone with said no one is leaving. gently caress me Pete was the weakest of the bunch.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Finicum is dead.

I wish I knew how to embed tweets :/

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

my dad posted:

From the feed, people are saying that Ryan Ammon is dead, and that Pete is in jail.

@JohnLGC says it's Finicum that's dead. Ryan Ammon isn't even a real person!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, the guy who died wasn't identified right? Could it be Ritzheimer? Cause that would be great.

He hasn't been mentioned yet but if he's half the man he says he is he'll be next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

atomicthumbs posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnLGC/status/692183097421471744

now I feel sorta bad for ironically calling for blood, but Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

I looked at his source and she's a right wing local politician and said Finicum was cooperating when shot. I know it makes me a horrible person but God I hope that's true.

• Locked thread