Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Szurumbur posted:

There were some rather good games in the PS+ line-up: MGS 2/3 HD, VLR, Rayman Origins, Muramasa: Rebirth, Sonic Racing and there are many that can still be a part of the program - for example, Atelier games, EDF, Project Diva (two games, even), they could save us from the the indie hell. At least Grim Fandango is cross-buy.

I've seen Falcom games among Japanese PS+ offerings, but I doubt SCEA will be putting obscure JRPGs in theirs anytime soon. Honestly they'd likely garner less interest than the indies.

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why do persona fans care so much about "canon", the games are standalone aside from dumb spinoffs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Golden's better because it was made after Atlus dropped skill-shuffling.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Nah, they're just putting extra Chie in.

Ugh, memes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wendell posted:

Since Persona is taking so long that must mean they're actually designing some dungeons this time, right?

Sorry, you'll need a 3DS for an Atlus game with dungeon design and a "5" in the title.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are already over a half-dozen cool Atlus games on 3DS, I don't think one more would push you over the edge.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chie is a meme

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's a good weird game but probably runs way better on PC.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Party Meiser posted:

Wait, we're getting the digimon game here in NA? Huh, I've heard it's pretty good maybe? Is the vita version digital only?

Yup, there's a thread if you want to ask any questions about it. And yeah, Vita version's digital only.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mayor McCheese posted:

Kind of surprised there's still that many Vita games coming out. Even if they are mostly cross-buy and mostly indies or anime.

Even though Sony's abandoned it, there are still a decent number of games coming out for it in Japan, granted many are PS4/Vita multiplats.

e: Plus there are plenty of past releases to localize. Cyber Sleuth first launched last March, and XSeed might bring over Tokyo Xanadu at some point.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 29, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

homeless snail posted:

That's what they call Mighty Gunvolt, cause I guess Galgun is a bigger name than Mighty No 9

It actually exists, at least.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Speaking of which, are there any good JRPGs on PS4 or have they been mostly regulated to the handhelds?

Digimon

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

How's Sleeping Dogs Definitive? I really liked it on PS3, but I recall hearing some things about them messing up the PS4 version.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Well, the core of P4 is basically an anime social sim with optional dating and an RPG diversion.

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 26, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

05/31
One Piece: Burning Blood

06/07
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

06/21
Grand Kingdom

06/28
Zero Time Dilemma
God Eater Resurrection

Also a handful of Falcom games, though we might have to wait until late 2017 for Ys 8 if XSEED wants to avoid a PS4/Vita gap.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tokyo Xanadu will be one if it comes over.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Phantasium posted:

Also people complaining about it only being 25 or so hours for whatever reason.

I think that's because it's 25 hours with padding.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watrick posted:

I picked up Rayman Legends. I've heard people rave about this game, now I see why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-w6crl3-c&t=18s

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Feenix posted:

I know it's like a rite if passage to complain about plus freebies but a sports sim seems like a bad choice. Like only a segment of players would even give a drat about it, even if it was a very good game. And that same segment of "carers" probably bought it, mostly.

:confused: Sports games are popular. A quick search says that 2K15 shipped 7 million units.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bogart posted:

Nights of Azure is 25bux on Amazon. Was that game any good?

Eh. I haven't played it myself, but from goon impressions it's like the framework for what could be a good game. It's an action game from a dev that mostly makes low-budget crafting games, so it's pretty shallow and has a difficulty curve that that sits at rock bottom before shooting way up at the final boss.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't understand what a smart phone cycle is and what exactly are they talking about there. Isn't the Neo just a PS4 that running for 4K Tvs

Smartphone companies come out with new models pretty much every year, but it's a bad comparison since people actually need phones to some extent and buy and pay for them in a different way than consoles, which is a flat $400 for another black slab every time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Including an anime.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you feel the urge to give IntiCreates money, consider Gunvolt instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Takoluka posted:

this is your cast

ingame they're made of soggy playdoh though

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno why it particularly matters whether you're navigating bullets with a ship or a witch. afaik touhou isn't something like oedopmius or whatever that crappy gradius spinoff was called

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I only know of it from that embarrassing kotaku video.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's a konami IP, so perhaps it'll cameo in an MGS3 pachinko machine.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CrashCat posted:

They have, I'm sure, but it's too long ago to dig up the evidence easily.

On the other hand if you want to read really bad old posts about FF7 we got tons of those

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.emulators.game-consoles/56sNoOIzqT8/xNBDUaBGGa4J

The trump quote really brings that post together.

e: jesus gently caress the rest of that thread

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 13, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've never understood why people preorder AAA games, the ones that are guaranteed to have plenty of copies out there.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah. If it was part of the twist Hayter would've still had a small role and the japanese voice would've been changed as well.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Persona 5

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

With text-heavy games, localization can and has caused unexpected issues in the past. Look at any number of obscure, region-specific gamebreakers or stalled loc jobs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Megadimension goes from zero to bathhouse scene within the first hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Seems to be the case
https://twitter.com/dodonpahchi/status/811746065317654528

• Locked thread