Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mystery Opponent posted:

I bought a PS4 on the latest Black Friday sale and got a few games (Bloodborne, Journey and the Laura Croft co-op game, in addition to Battlefront that came with the system). Anything else I should get? I'd like some co-op games that I can play with my wife, she really liked Halo 4 when we had on the X360.

This one is probably a dumb question, but how often do AAA titles go on sale? Any chance to see a significant drop in the price of, say, Black Ops 3 or Arkham Knight?

EDF 4.1 is a ton of fun couch co-op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

grrarg posted:

That's not why people hated DA2 after DA:O. The combat in DA2 was much worse, replacing the tactical combat where positioning was important with waves of monsters spawning.

Nobody hated going from a country in DA:O to a city in DA2 because they were RPG hipsters or forgot how much detail was in it. They hated it because DA2 had a really short development cycle, leading to a lack of detail. Maps were reused over and over for sidequests.

You really should not question the validity of criticisms of a game you have not even played.

In DA2 enemies literally just fell out of the sky during fights, and pretty often they had them spawn in your back lines just because. It was awful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calling the P3 protag whiny is weird, he's a completely silent enabler who obviously doesn't want anyone talking to him, but everyone ignores that he has headphones on

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mr E posted:

I'd be happy for P3 FES on PS4, but I dunno if I can go back to not controlling my party members fully.

While watching Mitsuru cast Marin Karin repeatedly on everything, even if you are going to die, is sort of annoying, P3 FES is actually trivially easy with full party control.

Not having party control really isn't that big of a deal and I think the game is too easy with it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oxxidation posted:

Every copy of BoF III should be thrown into an active volcano as far as I'm concerned. It's almost Kafkaesque how much tedious, diverting busywork that game heaps on you.

This is going to sound like a hot take but over the past few years I've come to realize that this is almost every single ps1 and earlier era RPG, and a lot of ps2 era RPGs actually too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Unless you're starving to death $1.20 on a thing you might enjoy for several hours doesn't even seem like a question imo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah Persona 4 is an extremely slow starting game. It's not even a really extended tutorial, just a lot of story happens before you really get access to dungeons

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Foals/Local Natives/Jose Gonzaelz are all legit tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am going to assume that the game is missing the best part which is the ability to import your own songs to play to?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Anything unassumingly good in this indie sale? I have to admit I am tempted to pick up Bastion again for 3.75

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A bloo bloo i got spotted by some mother fucker that subsequently got eaten by mystical rats. Problem solved.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nickoten posted:

Don't be misled, there is only character. And his name is Kanji Tatsumi.

Youuuuuuuu got it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My favorite part is the comment where someone asks if this game would have any sixxaxis sniping in it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Comic posted:

I've been having issues trying to download and install Helldivers for PS3, and it's driving me nuts. The download keeps corrupting, but I'm not using my wireless and everything else (read: everything I've downloaded previously, last month) has been downloading just fine. I'm hoping it's some kind of PSN issue and will try again tomorrow... but man I was hoping to try that game out tonight :/

I even went through and restored file system through safe mode just in case it really was my PS3. But after 3 downloads and having a bandwidth cap, I don't want to infinitely keep trying it. Anyone else having issues? I noticed I was having issues staying signed in earlier today too.

It'd be weird if the ethernet port was dying or something, this is the kind of thing I'd be able to chalk up to bad wifi if I had been using it.

Are you downloading in the background or leaving it on the download screen?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sacred Cow posted:

Is MGS V still worth buying? I've heard rumbling about it getting some patches that make it a worse experience then it was at release.

I haven't played much since release so I have no idea about this, what happened?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DrVenkman posted:

I don't see what the problem is with wanting better from PS+ and I say this as someone who hasn't minded what they've released so far. As it is right now it's just Indie Game Subscription. It's not one thing or the other. It's not either Indie games or lovely launch titles. There should be a mix between retail and indie though, and that's certainly not the case. Right now, once my sub is up I can't think of a reason to continue it.

The problem is it's the least interesting possible poo poo to read and there's absolutely no discussion to take place about it. Nobody cares if some other person doesn't want to subscribe to ps+ or what it will take to get them to, unless that person explicitly works for Sony on ps+ new subscriptions and retention rates.

I think everybody wants good games, and I doubt a single person has ever said "whoa this random goon is happy they didn't resubscribe to ps+? poo poo I am glad I found out!"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

With PS+ devolving into an indy game subscription service you'd have to be out of your mind to actually pay for pretty much any independent title that gets published on PSN. Seems like it's just a matter of time till whatever it is ends up on Plus.

If your time has no value this is true, but otherwise I think you should buy poo poo when you want to play it and have time.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

People will complain unless the entire ps+ lineup is full retail releases, and even if they did that after 2-3 months people would be complaining about the quality of those too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tell that to your consumer overlords!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In Training posted:

It looks like a flood of no man's sky write ups appeared today, and it looks like it's another bad indie survival crafting game. Cool.

Got any links to some good ones?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I really wish Brigandine got brought over, that game is so loving expensive :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Szurumbur posted:

Is it really? I've been playing it on and off and it seems to work fine, the framerate drops when the action is intense, but otherwise I have noticed no problems.

One of my friends was constantly complaining about the game hard crashing a lot, I think it's more than just frame drops.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TLoU Remaster on PS4 runs so much better. If you're going to bother playing it spend $20.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It works great

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It was also pretty bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Schroeder91 posted:

Since when does the PSN store charge tax? I wasn't charged tax when I got Salt and Sanctuary, and now I'm being charged tax for Alienation. The total is under $20 so it's OK, but if it was $20 then tax I'd have to buy even more prepaid cards. I don't want to keep a card on my account with what I hear about Sony and their don't give a poo poo if you're hacked attitude.

Did you move recently? Some states charge tax for online purchases. About six or seven years ago when I was living in Michigan I was being charged tax on PSN purchases when I wasn't supposed to be and they actually refunded my account a shitload of money from a bunch of previous purchases eventually. If you haven't moved you might want to contact support.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dead Island at least had the small amount of value that you could 1) get loot and 2) do stupid poo poo with your friends.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

enojy posted:

Suikoden 2 for $3 might be the best deal ever. Never got 3, but I think it's supposed to be good, too.

Too bad they didn't put GGXrd and Blazblue on deep sale again, now that I can actually use my PS3 stick on my PS4 :-(

Suikoden 3 is not a bad game, but it is very old rpg design and the game is VERY SLOW. I can't get over the pacing, dialogue, and combat all being glacial.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay so in light of the unironic disappointment over the worst tetris ever and one of the most derided AAA releases of this console generation, what are the worst possible leaked games that people could get excited for and then disappointed to not receive? No Knack jokes, please.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shut it down boys, Humble Bundle leftovers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There was a Hitman sale? :(

Guess I'll wait until all episodes are out and patched, then buy it all in one go.

It was only 10% off.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ludwig van Halen posted:

$4.49 for Thi4f? Finally, a price I can swallow.

I think the same thing but then I would have to figure out how to fit it on my hard drive and maybe it's not actually worth four dollars.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

When PS+ started to become a serious thing, those initial seven retail games or whatever to me were the best because it was a huge deal. Also I think one of them was Saint's Row 2 and that game loving ruled.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In Training posted:

Yeah because the only plus game in the last year I really sunk a lot of time into was boi and then I had to buy it on PC to play the expansion anyway

I love BoI but I guess I somehow missed that the expansion actually came out on PS4 finally. I decided to check Steam to see what it cost and I see I never bought Rebirth on PC. There's a helpful bundle of Rebirth + Afterbirth that you can buy and save 0 cents! Oh hell yeah baby!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In Training posted:

Yeah...it's not that bad though because it's still a relatively cheap game for the countless hours I've sunk into it and the expansion is really great so I can't complain.

Oh yeah, considering the hours I've gotten out of Isaac I absolutely don't mind popping down $25 for that stuff, although I'll probably just check it out on PS4 first for whatever Afterbirth costs on psn

Awesome! posted:

it just came out on console a couple weeks ago

Well I am glad I haven't been missing it for a long time at least

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rirse posted:

I don't really play sports games, but I would play this one. Wasn't there another NBA2K PS+ before, but for the PS3?

yeah, 2k14 i think? also i am pretty sure that 2k15 was already out when they gave that away, 2k16 is still the newest installment

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nah, I for sure played a bunch of 2k14 on ps3 and also for sure never bought it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TaurusOxford posted:

It's lovely if you have no desire to play sports games, especially a game based on an inferior sport. :colbert:

So like have you never seen basketball before or

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I walk slowly because I am pretentious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's pretentious

• Locked thread