Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

cathead posted:

Giant oiled up Gon butts.

Flying gracefully through the air.

I'm excited. This won't last and MMO ennui will set in sooner or later, but for now I'm excited. Thanks, cathead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Argas posted:

Oil should be buff you can toggle at-will.

Max oil = bonus to dodge

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

randombattle posted:

Why didn't you just wait until the game was out to make a new thread?

Because.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Man, I can do better than their lazy attempt at a Joker... And I would if I didn't have other plans. :ninja:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Russia had a very rudimentary English version, unless they got rid of it with the NA release approaching. It's been a year since I've touched it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

There's no way to see those new styles and colors until head start, is there?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

MH Knights posted:

Is there a decent video showing off character creation? The couple I tried were really cringe worthy. I want to make sure I can create a character that looks somewhat like a normal human being and not some emaciated runway model who looks like they would be blown away in a strong breeze.

There are body sliders to make it so your character has normal human proportions (except Yun, there's nothing you can do to stop them from being bird monsters). Jin can look be made to look downright chunky compared to other races.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Kuai posted:

I caved and bought the disciples pack so I can try to snipe the Goku name.

You're in a race with god knows how many other people.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Eonwe posted:

im having a hard time deciding between blademaster and kung fu master

Blademaster is just KFM but lazier.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

TheRagamuffin posted:

Is it worth buying in early just for head start at this point? I'm tempted by the lowest package, but if release is already really close, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just wait and spend that money on Black Desert instead (since there's no F2P option there).

I wouldn't bother with the lowest buy-in option at all at this point, really. A few days head start won't matter much, and there's probably going to be server issues on top of that, anyway.

Just blow the money on BDO if you want, since that'll be your only option to play it for the foreseeable future.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I forget, can you upgrade founders packs? I see myself playing this for a good long while, from my experience with the foreign servers.

Yes, join me in upgrading to the ultimate package for suckers*

*I'm gonna play every class eventually and am a sucker for cash shop outfits so gently caress it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The packs seems pretty badly priced to me, as the cheapest pack just looks like trash and the next cheapest option after that is 75$ which is a big fat Noooope from me.

Probably trying to recoup their losses from WildStar by luring in idiots like me with Christmas bonuses to blow.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

One respectable mythology reference, one terrible pop culture reference. I feel I've achieved an OK balance.

Strix & Mouse Rat

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I can't imagine feeling actual, unironic pride at being named Naruto.

What I feel pride in is this:

ALL WILL CURSE THE NAME MOUSE RAT

And if the CMs are loving with people by claiming anime names, I feel better about the game already.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Velveteen posted:

Faction insignia are from PvP right? I wouldn't mind grinding some insignia at head start to help level the guild but I'm not a big fan of world PvP. If we can get a group farm going I wouldn't feel so bad.

Did somebody say world PVP? I'm in.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

I am kinda sad I didn't spring for name reservation ability because I kinda wanna make my summoner Bee then have Puppycat.

Oh well.

A month after launch they release all the reserved names, so if you try then you might be able to snag it and pay for a name change.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I set the oil to 0% on my bird woman assassin, she's freakish enough without it.

A bit disappointed at the additional hairstyle offerings but the new colors are all much nicer than the muted palette they had before.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Sorry guys, Mouse Rat must join Itty Bitty Kitties.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Look who's here: http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/search/info?c=FranBunnyFFXII

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I'm not taking a day of vacation for this crap game launch, so just kick some goony come lately out of the guild when I waltz home. tyia

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lyn don't get oil bars.

And for that I am thankful.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Xavier434 posted:

This might actually be a smart thing rather than a sign of poor engineering. In anticipation of a huge launch rush, implementing a queue system for stuff like that can prevent server crashes which would take much longer to recover from than 5 minutes.

That's always been there for some reason, I don't think it's ever going away.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

fadam posted:

Is there a write-up on professions you guys can recommend?

Yeah, in the OP.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

How long before they wise up and add an afk time out? Place your bets now.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I dream a dream of smooth MMO launches.

It is a dream that will never come true.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Oh man, I can only imagine what this game is going to attract considering the horrors of Tera and STO. You are going to find so many lesbians ERPing.

By which I mean dudes ERPing with other dudes exclusively, but god help you if you point out Lolita McElftits and Jailbait Squeakyvoice are actually a couple men. It ruins their immersion you see.

Also by immersion I'm talking about their erection.

Which server did they settle on? Jiwan?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

I made a guild on Jiwan with some RL friends if any goons need a clan on blue side. Send a message to Vellamorn or give me your name here and I'll invite you whenever I'm on.

Also on the very first day, Franbunny was shouting down people in chat who didn't want this to be the unofficial RP server. :allears:

Quoting this so I don't forgot to bug you. Ah, but now I see the goon guild. Decisions decisions.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

mushroom_spore posted:

Does anyone have any character creation tips for getting the "little old kung fu master" look? I've been playing around with sliders but so far my summoner still kinda looks like a delicate twelve year old anime trying to go as Gandalf for Halloween. :laffo:

The wrinkles are under face sliders.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wonder if this is gonna change whatever the number #1 server to be is whenever the hype dies down.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

There are a lot of organizations that decided to switch to old man chode so right now its probably has more people active than mushin.

Im hedging my bets I have a character in mushin and another there.

It'd be funny if Old Man ends up being the last server standing after all.

Shame my reserved name is on Mushin but maybe after a month things will have calmed down and I can just snag it wherever.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The launcher still has beta announcements scrolling by, so...

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

thinkin about trying out a KFM but imo they should have these kind of weapons instead of their weird gauntlets

Yo bitch account friend me already so that when I manage to log on a server somewhere we can chat (the name is... wait for it... Anoia).

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

All you people disgust me.

We learned this from you.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If you have a complex where you don't want to be the most played class, without fail you will notice every other member of your special snowflake class while out in the world.

Just play what you like.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why do I not have a report option?

NCSOFT customer service is incredibly lovely.

It might be there somewhere, buried in the esc menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I hear that the PVP (and combat in general) is really good. Though, my PVP experience consists of putting on PVP cloths on accident and getting attacked by 2 separate players (and owning them. Thanks catfriend!)

There's a drat pop-up that warns you.

• Locked thread