Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's too late for most people now, but the new Luma might make it easier to avoid getting banned in the future. If you configure Luma to launch HBL via a legitimate app and never install any CIA homebrew, Nintendo's telemetry service should just see you playing AR Games or whatever when you use homebrew.

Flagrama posted:

AFAIK that is an issue of a difference in permissions an app is given between being installed vs being launched from within another application.

Apparently this is no longer the case with Rosalina, 3dsx apps are now on par with CIA apps (at least once they're updated to not intentionally disable features in 3dsx builds).

repiv fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

From what I'm seeing on /r/3dshacks and elsewhere, apparently New 2DS XLs are coming with 11.4 on them. Bummer.

Apparently the bootloader is unchanged however, so the upcoming ntrboothax exploit should still work on the N2DSXL. Installation will require an original DS flashcart but you should really have one of those anyway.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Olivil posted:

So is Luma 8's region emulation (faking?) fixed yet?

Luma 8.1 is out and supposedly fixes region emulation: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

So are the fuses "used up" with every system update? Wouldn't this limit the amount of updates the system could have? Or am I an idiot with no clue what he's talking about?

Not every update has to blow a fuse, if necessary they can conserve them by only blowing one after they fix an exploit.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Dehry posted:

The site linked on the 3ds guide website to buy a flashcart leaked my credit card data. At least the Paypal went through.

You should file an issue on Github so the author is aware.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

univbee posted:

If it's not too out-of-date firmware-wise, it'll definitely do 32 gigs, although for old firmware versions it caps out at 2 gigs.

It's like the 3DS, officially it can't go above 32GB because it lacks an exFAT driver and the SD card spec says anything >32GB must be exFAT.

...but you can ignore the spec, format larger cards to FAT32 and they work just fine.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RedMagus posted:

Aside from directing to the .guide sites, and updating regarding the 3DS firmware, what else needs to be updated? should we include Switch hacking info as well?

There's not much to say about Switch hacking yet. It might be worth noting that 3.0.1 fixed the preliminary exploit that's been found, and advise staying on 3.0.0 or earlier until absolutely necessary.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I guess we have to keep posting blindly until the thread un-breaks again? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RedMagus posted:

Aside from directing to the .guide sites, and updating regarding the 3DS firmware, what else needs to be updated? should we include Switch hacking info as well?

There's not much to say about Switch hacking besides "stay on 3.0.0 or lower if possible". Nintendo fixed the only known entry point with the 3.0.1 update.

• Locked thread