Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stroop There It Is posted:

The OP is missing a seminal early McElroy masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y1dUD8tr8k

Seriously Time Belt is a cultural PHENOMENON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZwA1waYwZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"When he heard what I do with them he said I could keep it."

God I love these so much. I hope he does Bowser next.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Give me my staaaaaaaaaacks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

For those of you interested in making Bart, the Black Desert creator has been released as a free standalone.

Edit:

:siren: NEW MCELROY PODCAST :siren:

Sydnee and her sister Rileigh talk about teenage life yesterday and today in Still Buffering

I think one of the reasons I like these podcasts so much is the realness factor. Like, no poo poo a straight up family based podcast 'empire' has a lot of that but even in stuff like MBMBAM you have these dumb tangents that only work when they come from people who have genuinely spent years riffing off eachother, and then stuff like Sawbones where it's just 'hey my wife's really smart about this poo poo and I'm curious, let's hear some weird or gross medical stuff'.

Also how long till at the next MaxFunCon Justin just knifes Jessie in the back and says "The McElroys send their regards" and complete their domination plot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

flatluigi posted:

I'm glad he addresses the yarn yoshi question we were all waiting for

IS Griffin a coward for not trying the mega yarn yoshi? I'm just asking questions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He is truly the Bartman now.

Toe to tip, he's a bart!

Yea I'm glad the McElroy Domination Project seems to constantly crank hits out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
OOPS All Robots

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea wasn't bowled over by Still Buffering but I'll give it a shot to find its voice a bit better. Shmanners is very interesting but obviously meant as a genuine 'this is neat' kinda show rather than a joke thing, which I'm fine with. As once said by a great wizard, it doesn't have to be goof goof dildo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The aesthetic difference between Teresa asking Travis if he's written thank you notes for holiday gifts and Griffin and Rachel discussing if master puppeteers have puppets specifically for boning is the widest of valleys, separating my worst nightmares of marriage from my wildest dreams.

I'm just incredibly into the fact that the brothers seemed to independently all find a way to marry Chipettes versions of themselves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Teeeeenz

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea welcome to my hell

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea between being a dad and MBMBAM stuff doesn't Justin actually have a fairly serious title at Polygon? Like, some level of management not just some writer anymore? I imagine of all the bros he probably has the least free time by far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

myron cope posted:

I thought he was managing editor but after seeing the page I thought I made it up. Maybe I was right?

Yea I coulda sworn last time Polygon jobs came up he had a title that was manager/managing/management something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beard Yawn posted:

Everyone knows Arthur Goose is the worst. His Sim City episode was one of the funniest things I've ever watched happen on Twitter.

Yea one of the best examples about how...let's call them certain factions...don't give a poo poo about actual ethics in journalism is that there are legit things to say 'ok well I kinda don't trust any review coming from you after these past examples of you being dumb and shady' but instead they focus on 'AND IN A REVIEW SAYING HOW GREAT WITCHER 3 IS HE ALSO MENTIONED IT WAS A BIT LAME THAT LIKE ALL FANTASY GAMES IT'S BASICALLY ALL WHITE PEOPLE WITH poo poo LIKE ELVES AND DWARFS REPRESENTING MINORITIES THAT loving CORRUPT LOSER'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poopy Palpy posted:

All elves are white. Santa is an elf. Santa is white. These are just facts.

I can't argue with the facts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

That Safari crack, though

The occasional reaction he gets of "Hahaha, gently caress you" is the most accurate display of what it's like when your friend cracks a genuinely funny yet terrible joke I've ever heard on a podcast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Thanks for the car water!

Put it in the gas hole!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

The StarFox amiibo corner is easily the best yet. Every joke is on point.

aw beans

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

....That wasn't god...

Clint is the best

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you're already a donor to maxfun they're sending links out to the donor content already. The MBMBAM and Adventure Zone bonus episodes are already up and boy are they great. Spoiler, Adventure Zone is Travis GMing and it's genuinely solid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Griffin is correct and geodude should be the pokemon mascot not Pikachu, that episode was bullshit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's pretty fascinating that a man that is very much in the public eye right now is getting a very specific set of celebrities to make a reference to an obscure bit from a donor-supported podcast. He peaked with The Rock, I think, but it's still really interesting to me.

Yea I don't think the entertainment value is meant to be funny, more like 'haha holy poo poo this dude who's probably the biggest broadway dude right now is trying to get a rogue's gallery of every celeb the brothers mention a lot making reference to a really rando joke they did once'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bobulus posted:

Nature box / Blue Apron, whatever. You're paying a premium for the convenience of not having to make the selection yourself. Not my thing, but I can see why people might want it.

The product I never understood was Stack-Soap. It's a bar of soap that has a groove so you can fit the sliver of the old bar in, and not waste it. ...but wet soap sticks to wet soap. You can just 'glue' the old bar to the new bar, regardless of shape. Doesn't everyone do this? This product does literally nothing for you.

I think my issue with blue apron vs the others is it's this weird 'we're disrupting the system man' thing that really just monetizes ignorance and lack of life skills. Like, it overcharges for ~the convenience~ of not having to go to the store but it's not like that's not actually a super important skill to have. Not just literally 'leave your home and go to the store' but like...smart shopping and poo poo. Coupons, store brands, looking at deals and all that, these are really important life skills no matter who you are and trying to throw in a 'or just pay me every week and I'll mail you stuff, don't worry about it' feels...gross I guess?

Plus I don't like anything that presents 'cooking' as if it's this barrier filled skill that boy howdy you need a lot of help to start huh? Mystifying the process of making food is how junk food companies and all keep their customers. There's no way you can just MAKE this stuff, better pay us an extra couple of bucks and you can just dump it in a pot and cook. That kinda stuff. The kind of people who can afford to pay someone a constant fee to mail them a box of ingredients can also afford to go to the store and remove the veil of mystery around food making.

It's like if someone started a service that just mailed you a fresh shirt and pants every day because gently caress laundry right guys?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PBS Newshour posted:

The only funny Tabletop podcast worth checking out besides TAZ is One Shot/Campaign, through one shot can be pretty uneven because, well its one shots, so they have a ton of different guests and different systems. But its mostly funny improv people so it works out.

Agreed, there are others I like but the most consistent 'this is just gonna make the day better to listen to' has been TAZ and One Shot/Campaign for sure.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's here, and it's glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SQue8wzRQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

He doesn't want to know where the Amiibos go over there.....

out of his reach in an envelope for him to collect upon release! HOW TERRIBLE

and in his butt, right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You know what today is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_djD-6_JGvQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Tastee posted:

Where's he going?

We'll miss him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Not really random, think it was a comment on Travis painting his nails. I don't care, Travis can do what he wants that's cool, but I am also pretty :rolleyes: about dudes painting their nails, particularly when they try to market it like Alpha Nail does. Wear nail polish dude, that's fine, but don't try to act like you're taking it back and making it manly. That's like...style gentrification but with testosterone instead of lattes. If the whole point is to break down gender norms, why would you make a transparent attempt at reinforcing them at the same time?

Did Travis try to sell the 'Alpha Nail' poo poo or something? Like I have a couple buddies who do their nails and they just buy nail polish like an adult. I'm almost positive Alpha Nail isn't actually A Thing other than the fact that I'm sure it literally exists somewhere.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YOU USED TO BE MY BROTHER

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

My favorite subplot is three grown men being mean to a child.

https://twitter.com/aerettberg/status/728787038653157376

The fact that the group just INSTANTLY all agreed to bully the poo poo out of this child as soon as they met him was beautiful. Like, it's been a bit but I'm positive they had one regular conversation with Angus before deciding to just play keep away and torment a literal child.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

IronicDongz posted:

also super digging the "90% ironic low effort joke avatars/10% actual sincere high detail sexy furry avatars" composition of that pizza prison dance party

Yea that was fantastic. It was mostly just 'haha check out this dumb av I whipped up' but then you saw some real rear end 'I spent fifty real dollars on the fake money to perfect this dog'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

I swear to god those screams were DBZ sound effects.

"oh no this is never going to stop"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I genuinely enjoy Clint talking about comics

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Clint is a legit Comic Guy, his Green Hornet was really fuckin good and I'm glad he's giving some commentary on the new reboot (I'm sorry, reBIRTH, as we know this is NOT a marketing stunt....)

Yea I just kinda like a dude who genuinely likes comics. There's a poo poo ton of cynical poo poo in comic fandom especially, it's kinda nice to have a guy be all 'yea I really like this poo poo, obviously I'm gonna call out when it sucks but I want these characters to be fun and engaging not just an excuse to nerd rage'.

McElroy family, best internet family?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poor life choice posted:

I have heard the comedians + kids = lovely comedian bit before... in Patton Oswalt's standup. I can't think of any comedian whose product changed one way or the other after a kid, but I don't exactly follow the trade. Can you name any?

Yea and hilariously this only really came true...with Patton Oswalt. I still love the dude as a comic and all but he for sure evolved into 'a ton of my comic bits are now about my kid/domestic life'. I can't think of anyone that actually happened to other than the dude who vowed to die before it happened...

SpacePig posted:

I thought that game looked kinda cool, but needed an excuse to buy another golf video game. I guess I've found my excuse now.

Also this. I was thinking 'I don't really NEED more golf even if this is a cool idea, maybe when a sale comes' but nope, nevermind that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
a bully made me eat flowers made me laugh way too hard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beekeeping and You posted:

The flower question really hit me, because I did the exact same thing at an upscale chinese resturant, and I am pretty sure the server was also judging me.

bullies making people eat bouquets is a loving plague in this sick world.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
More comic hot takes from the Original McElroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbrYsllPOE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Griffin on the GB stream was great.

"Is this viral marketing for the new Resident Evil? IT SUCKS."