Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I absolutely cannot handle this Munch Squad :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm awful and my brain is awful, so I mentally think of it as Justin is the steering wheel, Griffin is the gas pedal, Travis is the emergency brake. Justin guides the direction of the conversation, Griffin runs with the jokes, Travis power slides them into tangent alleys.

:iiaca:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

SpacePig posted:

That's a pretty good analogy, because this car has no regular brakes, and the only thing that can stop Griffin without him willingly letting up is to sort of damage the whole thing by deploying Travis.

Oh no the vehicle is definitely careening through city parks and fruit stands, and is one poorly-timed "unless..." away from rolling sideways off a pier

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The problem might be that the high water mark for inane fast food press releases was reached not long ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqewzIJy1Os

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

hey what episode was it where they did the goof where they had one of those text to voice programs they kept making say stuff like 'I'm a primo fuckboy who does penis stunts'

287, Glistening Fishlifters :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iro8W56yMRE

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I love Beef and Dairy, it reminds me of the kind of work Firesign Theatre used to do :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

It's on The Charlie and Daddy Show, which you should really hunt down if you haven't heard it :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm having fun with the character interactions :D

:eng101: "You are the only intact super power trio we have at this time..."
:science: "Are they dead?"
:flashfact: "Intact is a horrible--"
:eng101: "Oh, I'm sorry. Alive."

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I've heard those criticisms about the Glass Shark voice before, but I've always pictured the voice coming out of this guy from Boggy Creek 2

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm looooving this arc

I AM PUTTING IT IN BACKWARDS :D

IT'S A JOKE :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I think new rule: No signs.

You're at a comedy show, not Wrestlemania.

Counter-argument: Permit only one sign.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Way to put the tiger on the table and yell at it :haw:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Are you sure you weren't visited in-person by the "Idiot, can't make his own pancakes, how pathetic" guy?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Teddybear posted:

I just watched the intro to the Pest. I... I can see why they're obsessed with this.

I watched the entire goddamn The Pest (1997) major motion picture because of these fucks. It took two tries, I had to give up the first time thirty eight minutes in at the snake fighting scene, and up to that point I'd spent most of it just passively disgusted at the thing in front of me while trying to pay as much attention to my phone as possible. It's probably the most bigoted movie I've ever seen, including youtube videos of people screaming racial epithets at protesters, and I can only recommend it on the grounds that (1) it is a bit like a Brillo pad for the soul and (2) it's comforting knowing that someone else is feeling the same pain that you are.

All in all, eight out of ten.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Griffin's workin' on it ! ! !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdoBCWFDAkc

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Because, historically, every time people don't preface their grey-area question with a disclaimer then the brothers cut them off to question if what they're saying is a bummer / an actual question

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I went there a while ago to look for some sensible chuckles, and started digging into one of the top rated Yahooist's post history. What I found was tens of thousands of questions about whether this or that was a good baby name. Just, is Michael a good name for a boy, is Jessica a good name for a girl, multiple times a day, every day, for years.

Yahoo Answers is like the Overlook Hotel of the internet, except it drives you to madness faster and has more dudes getting blown by dogs.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Speaking of Griffin's invalid body, he sounds like he's deeeep into that twelve hour pseudo trip on the jumbotron this week :catdrugs:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I think my biggest problem with this mini-arc format is that I want to see complete stories of all these so far :ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Sick / exhausted / incoherent episodes are the best :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

and John Roderick of Roderick On The Line (and other great shows).

Also he performed the song "It's a Departure" with The Long Winters, it's off the album Putting the Days to Bed, it's a great album, you should check it out, thanks John

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

This extremely rules from every direction (TAZ Balance spoilers kinda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj8d6EcFp0

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Travis was three sheets to the wind on The Flophouse today talking about the Canon classic, The Apple

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm really into Amnesty as a narrative radio play with improvisational elements, but I get the criticisms of it as a role playing campaign :shobon:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

More than anything, I want to hear them do a round of the Leverage RPG in the Cortex system - mostly because the serialized TV-inspired rule set would work great for their style, but also because I just love a good grift :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

"We've got a hot release from the fast casual dining establishment Travis McElroy's House, they've got a new sandwich called the Grace of Tuscany, it's a hoagie roll filled with chicken strips, SpaghettiOs, pre-shredded mozzarella and Frank's Red Hot..."

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

Now that I’m reading this page I’m scared it will turn terrible at the end.

The McElroy Thread: Now that I’m reading this page I’m scared it will turn terrible at the end

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yaaay, Harvester is my favorite FMV thing! :neckbeard:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

wait why would you not pick the beef and dairy one you monsters

Is that happy little fellow Richard B. Sausages? :allears:

Beef and Dairy is such a favorite. If any of you are old and/or weird enough to know Firesign Theatre, it's got a similar sense of humor - deadpan surreal, with a dreamy and occasionally disquieting tone. Highly recommend if you're the type that likes their bizarro comedy to come with a side of discomfort and a drizzling of dread :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm the sound of Griffin quietly muttering "Oh Jesus, this is happening" in the background at 19:34

Edit: I'm going through this episode at a glacial pace because I have to keep pausing to go look for where my skeleton is hiding

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 2, 2018

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

He also does a very good Dr Strings

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Chuck Tingle is the stalwart tamping bar prying open the fissure between what we once knew as reality and the nightmare gently caress dimension which we all now must confront daily, and I thank him wholeheartedly for his service and his dedication to wrenching apart our continuity like a child with a new toy

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Zero One posted:

"Our races are totally safe and legal now"

"I cast immolate"

When Merle sent that dude to hell I choked on laughter so hard that now I have a sore throat

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

292 Remain on the Smooth Tip is basically a perfect episode. 262 Where Everybody Flies a Plane has one of my favorite running jokes ever. 259 Birthday Surprise Hole is the one where they don't answer any questions, and it's really cool to just hear them talk.

And of course the 400th one where we get to watch them die a thousand deaths :v:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Up on that high, high shelf of McElroy-on-McElroy comedy-violence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTdrTalcaU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm all about them pronouncing Game Man as a three syllable word to avoid running it together into sounding like "gay man"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

That's the filthiest press release I've ever seen :eek:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I own a hardbound copy of Modelland, jealous much :smug:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If you look at the amount of YouTube people that have broken bad over the past few years, you can sympathize with their trepidation :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

And the situation is fifteen minutes of funny roleplay sprinkled throughout another bracing hour of BBC Radio Presents: A Soundscape of International Rollercoasters