Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

"The $1,000,000 bonus cash in GTA Online included with the Premium Edition as part of the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack may take up to 7-10 days after the player’s first session in GTA Online to be reflected in their in-game User Account. This bonus cash is only available to first-time Starter Pack owners."

Maybe this is what took so long, the botters stopped

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

repiv posted:

Wario64 is obviously wrong then, I'm talking about the other leak which did correctly call this weeks game

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1261236054905851904

Yeah that's clearly an internal powerpoint leak. Noice. I haven't paid for any of the borderland games except maybe the first one and haven't finished any of them.

Another one for the pile :shepface:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

You actually play your games instead of spending 5000 hours on ARK?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA05969_00-CODWWIIGAMEIGC01

free right now

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

FYI save your purchase link because they do not add to your library and you have to manually click each one.

I am not buying a bundle then doing that 744 1000 times.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

I can have a literally thousand things if I give five bucks to a worthy cause??? pshaw, how inconvenient

I didn't say I wasn't going to get it (because 100% seems to go to protest funds, and gently caress cops) but that it'd get it and not redeem anything because that's asking too much effort from me.

I can be for something and criticize because it's not done right.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

goferchan posted:

It was definitely a mess when it launched, but the folks at Itch are on the job. I believe yesterday night they added a search function (so you no longer have to control+F your way through 25 unalphebetized pages, lol) and filtering/tagging (by genre, type of file, etc etc) and they're working on better library integration currently. I think this is just like an order of magnitude more popular than anything else they've ever done on their site (which is mostly by game devs, for game devs, where some jankiness is usually excused) and there's also the scale of the bundle itself which presents some unique challenge. For a nonprofit venture on a site mostly run by volunteers, I think they've done pretty well with improvements so far and apparently more are to come

Yeah, I'll admit I'm probably spoiled by steam at this point.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is Ark the dick one?

That's Rust.

EDIT: "You will receive 1509 items"

:holymoley:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 11, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Now free on EPIC:

AER Memories of Old

Stranger Things 3: The Game

NEXT WEEK:

Conan Exiles

Hue

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Weak week then. I was more interested in Conan than Hue.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

Welp, good to see the Ubisoft website is hosed. Everytime I log in it refreshes the page and I'm still not logged in. Hope the twitch integration isn't hosed as well.

same

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

nothing's working so lets hope the twitch uplay api works

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I clicked the link to redeem but don't have the game yet so idk

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I had logged in initially, until it logged me out, so I had twitch open with ubisoft api added in prior to that, nothing.

Clicked whatever that redeem link is and "registered" even though I already have an account, the following day and still nothing.

I just want my gaddamn game for the pile.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Ubisoft: Everyone who participated will be getting their free game, we are doing it in waves so it will take a few days for everyone to get them though.

Goons: it's been like 12 hours, where's my loving game???

Makes it feel like it didn't go through, is more of my consternation.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

repiv posted:

Into the Breach is free (again) on EGS this week

Next week is Railway Empire and Where The Water Tastes Like Wine

I didn't get it the first time around, I missed some of the earlier ones

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

Today is the 3rd free Sega giveaway, with Streets of Kamurocho, a 2D beat-em up set in the Yakuza universe.

Also, Dyna Bomb is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Saoshyant posted:

Sega's second free mini-game is out today: Endless Zone, Fantasy Zone in the Endless universe of strategy games.

Both of these links are dead

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

For anyone who missed out those four Sega mini game freebies, you can actually still install/claim them due to how Steam works. Just use those links:

steam://install/1368440
steam://install/1368450
steam://install/1368430
steam://install/1368460

:sicknasty:

Sweet, I am super lazy with checking steam every day or even this thread

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It would be hilarious if the first game really is dying light so that image will get spread even more and give that salad seizure person a week of fame.

it's one game every 24 hours so a week? idk

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A different leak suggests:

"Of the more reliable leaks (confirmed by mydealz.de) they will give:

12/23 - Tropico 5

24.12 - Inside

December 31 - Jurassic World Evolution"

oh well, it was too good to be true

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

There's a much more believable list going round now that has the remaining games as The Long Dark, Defense Grid, Alien Isolation, Metro 2033, Tropico 5, Inside, Darkest Dungeon, My Time At Portia, Night in the Woods, Stranded Deep, Solitarica, Torchlight 2 and Jurassic World Evolution.

TLD looks super cool but some of the comments here have kind of killed my interest, you can get a sprain? gently caress off with that nonsense

DG already have, AI already have, 2033 already have, tropico 5 already have, inside looks eh, darkest dungeon I've played enough to be burnt out on this brand, my time at portia is cool if you cheat engine the time of day to be frozen so you're not rushed to complete tasks (I hate that crap in this genre), night in the woods sounds cool, stranded deep is interesting but tedious, lol solitare, torchlight 2 already have and beat eons ago, and jurassic world evolution I already have but don't play because I don't own all the dlc

:nallears: at least they're free

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Len posted:

Our company decided that instead of switching us to 2FA it was better to make it a 14 character password that changes every 3 months. It's great

hey mine too!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

edit: nvm, now seeing the mod post

Anyways, why do people like INSIDE so much? What's so interesting about it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wasn't really a fan of Limbo, tbh. Not sure why.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oh huh, apparently I already got inside on epic earlier in the year or something. that was anticlimactic

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

davebo posted:

Another fun free game with great replayability, but it was never not free so not the right thread.

never not not not jerk it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Portia is free today

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Gamers writing about perceived unfairness in video game RNG is a huge pet peeve. So many people complained that the xcom games were cheating that in some difficulty levels they made the actual hit percentage higher than what was displayed. I was reading reviews for A Legionary's Life recently and people were accusing the developer of lying because there was only a 4% chance of an ambush when moving tiles but it kept happening to them (ignoring the fact that this 4% chance would be rolled like 40 times during a mission). This isn't really related to the Solitarica rng discussion but drat are people's intuitions bad when it comes to probabilities.

I think the more important issue is probably that "RNG" in this way isn't very fun, and is probably a lazy way to have a "difficulty curve" because it seems "unfair".

In something like DnD it's probably easier to accept it because sometimes you just have bad dice rolls and can physically see the failure. (I also liked having the logs in KOTOR I could read through to see exactly why I died, it was helpful with understanding)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I get why they're doing it, onboarding, which is what it's called for literally any model, be it best buy, steam, amazon, comcast, etc costs a gently caress of a lot of money that most companies lose money by roping you in as a customer, and don't break even on having you around until your 2nd or third year of subscription fees.

this is why a lot of places will sell you a 50% off your first year but then never allow you to have such a huge discount on subsequent years because it's not profitable to sell you something at $80 a year for $40 a year instead, because it costs the company $60-70 just to sustain providing the service to you.

I used to work for an online backup company, and this was primarily the reason.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

Right, but with EGS, I've been "onboarded" into an ecosystem that operates as a free game subscription service and nothing else.

I get that, there's always going to be "freeloaders" but their hope is that by being on the platform you're more interested in purchasing on that platform.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I haven't verified this

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/discord--discord-nitro

how do I redeem this though??

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i haven't seen a free trial in like over a decade that didn't want your payment info to charge you afterwards

I also have never seen a free trial that didn't want your credit card details.

The whole point is because a portion of people will forget, and then get auto billed, and then not even realize they got charged. They can then deny those people a refund because of it being "outside of policy"

The companies wont admit that ever, though, because then they would have to admit that behavior is predatory :v:

That being said, 99% of the time you can give them the cc info and just remove it immediately after and cancel the auto-renew and it's fine.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

site posted:

man, who the gently caress wants to buy a game with 30 dlcs on a store with no cart

Console players. But yeah, no bundle no buy.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I redeemed the code but origin isn't loving sending me a verification email

Finally got in

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 1, 2021

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

JammyB posted:

Loop Hero is today's Epic freebie.

Meant to be quite good apparently if you have time to play games.

almost missed this one. seems these sales end at 11am, which is odd

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Serperoth posted:

You didn't really, the giveaway ends in about 9,5 hours from the time of this post

well I missed the last one expecting it'd "end" at midnight instead of during the workday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

First prey was good, I think. Clever at the time gameplay.

Second Prey is the half-stealth shooter formula (bioshock/dishonored vibe) and it's arguably better, both in visual aesthetics and story.