Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kly posted:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition
FULL GAME FOR PC ON GOG.COM

NUCM89C54E8680E581

Is this a code or coupon you enter? I have gog on my PC (on phone now), but it’s saying $4.99 to me and, well, it’s the “free games” thread…
:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kly posted:

no idea man it came from my prime gaming it gave that code when i clicked claim i dont use gog so i dont know how it works

Gotcha…I have Prime Gaming, too, I just hadn’t checked the new stuff yet…it’s been on my “must eventually try” list for a while, so I’m happy to hear that!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Blacula posted:

I had fun playing Hero's Hour, even at full price. It's a Heroes of Might and Magic reskin, and it does it well.

Overall that's a pretty good slate of games.

My Prime sub has paid for itself multiple times over just since February alone.

Recompile is baller as Hell, btw

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ilitarist posted:

I'd recommend a completely free game Battle for Wesnoth. You can comfortably control it with just a mouse or trackball. It is turn-based and you don't have more than a dozen units at a time, so you can take as much time as you want. FreeCiv is similar: if you don't raise the difficulty it's just a turn-based game about placing cities and researching stuff.

I understand you've asked about something without complex thinking and I'm giving you strategy games, but other games you can get by with by using just mouse are twitch-based and turn-based nature of these games might make them much easier to digest.

HBS’s BattleTech from a few years ago is another turn-based game that I’m pretty sure you can manage every little bit with a mouse. I don’t play that way because I have the hotkeys in memory, but I know you can move the camera around and perform all actions with any speed you wish..even if you leave in the middle of a turn for a meal and come back an hour later the game doesn’t advance at all.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

2house2fly posted:

I assume it was part of their Made In Poland sale, which doesn't seem to feature discounts for Witcher 1 or 2.

I got Witcher 1 and 3 in previous giveaways so even though 2 is frequently on sale for $3 I'm holding out for it to be free to complete the set. It's my white whale!

Yeah I got all three in 2018 in a gog giveaway, followed by all three Shadowrun games a month later.

Good times…🙄

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Davedave24 posted:

Alba: a Wildlife Adventure is very cute and chill and good. Taking pictures of animals and picking up garbage and saving the nature preserve from the evil hotel developer. Reminds me of A Short Hike.

My grand-niece visited yesterday with with my brother’s family (Granny turned 99 on Nov 9th) and as the only child besides her little brother she disappeared into my room when I loaded up Alba on my desktop.

Now she’s bugging her Mom and grandparents for “at least” a decent laptop. We didn’t hear from the kids for like four hours, and I had to upload a bunch of Share-X screenshots to her this morning (I showed her the hotkey). It looked cute, and her brother chimed in that playing Among Us on my computer was more fun than his mom’s iPad. I guess this is how PC Gamers reproduce…osmotic-ly?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Duderclese posted:

I saved up three months worth of points. Imma give the codes out as Christmas presents.

Well as long as the recipients know not to actually play the games, it’s a great idea! :colbert:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

2house2fly posted:

I mainly use prime for the video service, which is loving terrible as a user experience but despite its best efforts has several months' worth of good things I want to watch

The Peripheral was pretty good. I’m also on season three of The Expanse and season one of Jack Ryan. The Prime Video UI on my AppleTV box is sorta sluggish and buggy, but drat if they don’t have a thing for turning books/characters I love into movies/shows.

gently caress Rings of Power, though. It’s the first show I completely gave up on after trying three episodes. I’m away from my computer for a while but if D2 is still a freebie I’ll post my code later…I got both games for like $6.99 a couple of months ago, and they are a lot of fun!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

dogstile posted:

Reacher was good too. Granted, that's mostly because I remember the main actor as Thad Castle and watching him play a serious role was really funny to me.

Oh, poo poo…I forgot all about Reacher!

Really, though? The best thing about Prime Gaming for me has been Recompile several months ago. Just a completely great game for all the right reasons that I personally enjoy playing games…it was on my wishlist, but I probably wouldn’t have paid much for it. Blew me away.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Grassy Knowles posted:

Learn your friends steam usernames and guess their passwords, free games for life

Yeah, but they’d be free hentai/anime stuff that I wouldn’t play anyway…foiled again!
:sickos:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Geemer posted:

I think this whole "can't play because it's free" joke is stupid elitism. You can just as easily not play games you've paid for.

Let us henceforth ban all playing of games and severely punish anyone foolish enough to play. Break down this wall of elitism!
That way nobody has to worry about if they got the game for money or email addresses or otherwise. It will vastly improve MY peace of mind.

We seem to be ok with it…maybe you could, I dunno, go play a video game and chill out about it?
:agesilaus:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

The Kins posted:

Speaking of insidious devices and gigacorps stealing your vital fluids, I just remembered to look up the Amazon Prime crap for February.

Feb 23: Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator

I've heard good things about that last one.

This made me want to try it…also, Sseth has the sense of humor of a Goon for reals, at least, from the early times.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I've spent plenty of money from games on fanatical, and I haven't once had an issue

The only complaint I'd even make is that some of the bundles that they have, have a bunch of shovelware games

I buy and have had zero trouble both with Fanatical and Humble. The only caveat is occasionally I’ll tack on $.99 for a “mystery” game key for Steam. I’ve done it like four or five times since ‘20, and every time it’s been a game I already own, on Steam no less.

I just post ‘em here :argh:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mein Gott!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

dogstile posted:

Yes

Legitimately just put it in every single menu, gently caress it.

Same but choice of which monitor to display on…multiple monitors are way more common than they used to be.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

elf help book posted:

I appreciate the epic reminders

:emptyquote:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'm a cool teen

I’m a five year old girl, with a 2000 year old soul so I’m down for whatever. Shocking? You’ll find out!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Waffleman_ posted:

https://register.ubisoft.com/acsyndicate/en-US

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is free if you have an Ubisoft Connect account, which you likely do if you've redeemed any of the other free AC games they've given away

Thanks, picked up the free base game just now. Haven’t played any AC since getting 1&2 on CD-ROMs at Walmart. Is Syndicate any good?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Quill posted:

There's also one free piece of DLC.

Appreciate the heads up…would have missed that!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I will open this game and leave it open 24/7 in the background so folks will see: Chex Quest—-4,086 hours and be like “WTF?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Might as well share mine from Prime Gaming>>>redeem on GoG:

Tomb Raider GOTY
YTLH660043E8917495