Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I have no idea about any of those serials but managed to vote for the most popular one, I assume because it had the most badass title.

Gotta love those Christmas specials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Wahhh. Moffatt stole two season of my show!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

BSam, we're still waiting for you to post what echoplex sent you!

Unless you posted and I completely missed it

Sorry, been a little busy. and my phone takes poo poo pictures probably, so hopefully these aren't too bad.

These are graphic props from the recent Christmas episode, secret santa'd to me by echoplex because he is awesome.

A spare label like one used on the doctors bottle of brandy

A menu from the starliner restaurant, one of many that were used in the actual episode.

Even worse quality on my part, a photo of a print out of a screencap of when said props were used in the episode.

I'm actually kinda torn on if I should purchase an appropriately shaped brandy bottle to apply the sticker label to.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I can't help think the Ribos Operation looks the way it is because someone found the Ivan the Terrible costumes and set laying around in storage.

Was there ever any mention of Lela after she stayed on Gallifrey?

Yeah, she's a big part of the Gallifrey series of audios.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Has he agreed to do an episode? or a serial?

Does Trial of a Time Lord count as one serial?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The problem with Fear Her is that something is horribly wrong with the directing so it all feels very dull and lifeless.

Even I haven't rewatched Fear Her more than once.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The worst part of the lake two parter is they have a monster voiced by serafinowicz and screamed by Corey from slipknot. And both of those voices are criminally underused.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I actually completely forgot about Serafinowicz doing the voice, and I had no idea about Corey Taylor!

Yeah, completely wasted use of both of them, sadly.

Seriously part one was amazing. Almost like an old school Who episode. And then part two. The promise of that voice.

One of my biggest dr who disappointments.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

And More posted:

It honestly would still be pretty decent if they had just cut before he gets cartoonishly blasted off into the sunset. A lot of series 9's issues could be fixed with tighter editing.

I actually don't remember that as I got blackout drunk while watching it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Where is cgi snake?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

That is almost certainly Gordon Tipple, who played the Master for less time on screen than it took you to read this sentence.

You say that like it means anything. McQueen is the best master but despite appearing on screen opposite Capaldi in The Think of It (and in the loop), he's never been on screen as The Master.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Guys what the gently caress is this a five master story

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay so which Master is the one between Roberts and Jacobi?

Like I said, the best Master.

"Hello you!"

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

echoplex is working on the new Black Mirror season

Oh gently caress that's amazing. I envy whoever gets you as their secret Santa this year.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

I guess it depends on how much of his tissue he used up remaking the daleks prior to his first revival appearance. I mean, he showed the doctor his chest was a mess, but there's no reason he couldn't have started with all the stuff below the waist that didn't work.

The real question is when did he become such a roboplegic wrongcock?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

So I just rewatched In the Forest of the Night and geeze you guys, it wasn't as awful as the lot of you were making it out to be.

I smirked when 12 says to Clara that he hopes he was right about the trees protecting the Earth from the coronal ejection because it would be awkward if it got destroyed.

Yeah exactly, it's fine. I mean it's an episode of Dr Who so it can't be bad now, can it?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I listened to the first episode of the big finish churchill set, it was pretty great, now i'm watching rose, really wish ecclestone would do an audio or two.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

Classic Doctors, New Monsters box 1 is now available for download.

Haha nice, it's Philomena Cunk.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah the Weeping Angels is the one that has the most potential to not work, I really hope they can pull it off.

Just finished the Weeping Angel episode, I feel they've pulled it off.

I won't spoil anything except to say the Angels in this are closest to the ones from Blink in terms of powers etc.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I really enjoyed the story and though there is a little bit of,"Now they're doing this, and now they're doing that!" panicky exposition, I enjoyed the ! they used to indicate Angel movement.

Also the Doctor's "timey-wimey" callback(forward?) was loving hilarious.

The first two stories were great. The second two, I'm gonna have to relisten because I fell asleep due to some of my anti-d's and the dreams I had of those episodes bear no relation to anything big finish or even tv dr who has ever done.

Also I was in them.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I can't believe it, all 12 of them!?!

No sir, ALL THIRTEEN!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

echoplex posted:

Loads. Ejector seats in the Falcon, Obi Wan's sabre used a hand grenade, most of the 77 Star Wars + Alien were dressed from jet parts when metal was actually cheap enough to do that.

e: the only people who can really afford to do it now are the Star Wars films. When I was doing Red Dwarf at Pinewood scrapped aircaft parts arrived by the truckload. We were making do with bits of IKEA painted silver.

Holy poo poo you did red dwarf? During which seasons?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

The Unbound Universe Bernice Summerfield thing came out today.

Heard it today, it's pretty good, got more of a Benny range story than any Doctor Who range story, but that's not a bad thing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

OH NO THEY STOLE ANOTHER SEASON OFF OF ME!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yeah, but I might even more be looking forward to this

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-torchwood-archive-1470

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I just want to say, Moffat may have been behind a bunch of bad decision concerning Dr Who, but he's written some amazing episodes.

More importantly he made Night of the Doctor happen. He could make episodes that are actually as bad as you all think Forest of the Night is, there's no way I can hate him.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The new Big Finish, Maker of Demons, is pretty cool. The traditional 'doctor and companions get split up and end up with different parts of the party with different sides of the situation going on' set up.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

Listened to the Charlotte Pollard spinoff over the last couple of days. India Fisher knocked it out of the park, as usual...but I give like negative 50 fucks about Viyrans. They were fine as a one-or-two off...but they don't really interest me at all over the span of the box set.

yeah, their mission, taking care of those viruses is kinda interesting, but they're just another emotionless race. surely there's enough of those

i'm actually reading the titan comics, starting with the first run of 10 and 11, enjoying them so far.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I mentioned the Titan comics, I'm really enjoying them. Eleven and his companion seem to have picked up a fictional version of David Bowie.

The writers are having a lot of fun with this.

"these are mind controlled jetpacks, just think 'legal library' and they will take us there"
"wow it's working, how about you john jones"
"i think my spaceship knows which way to go"

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Nah I like all the DI Menzies stories, they're pretty great.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

I listened to Spectre of Lanyon Moor over the last couple of days and man Nicholas Courtney and C. Bakes are so good together. Shame we didn't get more of the Brig in the main range (yes, I know about that other one).

There is no other one.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Giving another listen to Urgent Calls, it's really quite a fun little story.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

Does Last of the Cyberman tie in to that story arc as well?

I think there's a mention of it, but it's not otherwise related.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

If it helps, theres a companions chronicle and about 4 seasons of J&L before those voyages take place.

not essential, but c'mon, they are pretty good.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Has there ever been a US adaptation of a UK series that didn't suck?

Shameless.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I mean the Paul Abbot tv show Shameless.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/790552292453777408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

Humble Bundle is running another Doctor Who comics bundle. Includes some reprints of IDW's stuff which was featured in the previous bundle but also has some of Titan's new stuff including the first issues of their Third, Fourth, Eighth and Ninth Doctor miniseries, eleven issues each of their Tenth and Eleventh Doctor books and some of their Twelfth Doctor series.

I haven't read any of the newer stuff so I don't know if it's any good but I think I remember hearing good things.

I have been enjoying the titan comics. the Eight miniseries is particularly nice, but they are all a lot of fun.

• Locked thread