Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Timelash rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I mean look at this line of BBC logos, look at it

You've just ruined Christmas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How did I never notice the Krynoid suit was a repainted Axonite suit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

It is kind of bizarre to realize how different Patrick Troughton looked as the Doctor than he did in so many of his other roles.

:stwoon:

The hair really sets it off. He's freakishly handsome in that picture.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AND NOW YOU ALL SHALL SUFFER AS I HAVE SUFFERED.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last time Who was leaving Netflix there was a last minute hail mary and they kept it on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

That's a crazy lie, I have Who figures next to Transformers on my shelves.

I feel like we post in a lot of the same threads.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Gen 1 biatches

GEE WUN RULEZ.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Along those lines....

This is amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kelp Plankton posted:

The new doctor is also somehow the new cyberwoman

Just throw a multicolored scarf on her and away we go

Someone write this man a check.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are so many dreadfully terrible women working in British television (my girlfriend watches a LOT of British cooking and reality shows) that I'd be worried who Chibnall would choose. What I really want is some insanely ballsy casting. Like two midgets in a long coat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

We already had Tom Baker

I said two midgets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So in realistic casting hopefuls, I'm gonna go back to my pre Matt Smith hope that Paterson Joseph finally gets a shot at the role.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whoa, someone adapted Neverwhere? Is it worth watching?

Hahahahaha NOPE.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The book is far better than the mini series. For all the talent on screen it is really a chore to watch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

I enjoyed the radio adaptation from a couple years back.

I never got around to it. The only time I have to listen to audio is in the car and with how horrible other drivers are I can't risk the distraction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really enjoyed the first series if Broadchurch and then the second one was just awful. I'm honestly shocked that Tennant is doing a third go from the bad reviews and ratings the 2nd year got.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IceAgeComing posted:

Weren't netflix using unrestored versions for some reason? I can remember going to watch the Aztecs on it a wee while back and they certainly were using a version that doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the DVD versions

At one point some years ago Netflix had the original Transformers cartoon up and upon watching it I discovered they were using the same version that had been available on P2P services for years right down to captured VHS distortions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't think Doctor Who was ever more popular before or since, unless you take some monstrously popular one-off like the 50th Anniversary into account.

I think it's safe to say that Doctor Who is more popular now than it ever was in the 70's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like there's a bad Fifth Doctor story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bicyclops posted:

Which Doctor Who villain do you think Donald Trump is? I find it kind of hard to choose.

The Absorbalof.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I remember watching Planet of the Spiders for the very first time as a child. Now I had seen plenty of Fourth serials but I'd never seen the end of Three and it loving traumatized me and left me a sobbing mess. I was so upset my parents thought I'd gotten been molested or something.

It was a rough time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was one of those in an arcade in the West Mall in Sioux Falls, South Dakota sometime during the years 1990-1993. They went under in 1994 and my parents refused to buy that machine for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

Ok, how about this? What's everyone dirty little Who secret?

Timelash is one of my favorite serials.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

The best was recently he was begging online for someone to help him pay for this huge shipment of records he was trying to procure. I think he was asking someone to go in half for it. And in return, they would get a fair number of the records. Selected by him, after he went through the collection for what he wanted.

Also, he had a brief tirade against Moffat in 2014 because Moffat had supposedly told him that there would be 13 eps and X-Mas special, and not 13 including the X-mas special. So he felt lied to and betrayed.

And then his rant against Eric Saward recently when Saward said in online interview that during Six's run there was never any story going to be called "Gallifrey". Levine went into full rant mode, claiming that he has a photographic memory, and he knows FOR A FACT that there was such a story, and Saward is just a liar.

Some believe that the character of the Abzorbaloff/Victor Kennedy was a supposed to big a dig a Levine.

Look we all know from Jeremy Clarkson's behavior that Brits have no problem punching each other in the face so why the hell has no one stood up and knocked Levine's teeth out yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It's the CARDIS.

loving kills me every time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

If I start watching The Eleventh Hour, I'm probably not gonna stop till The Time of the Doctor :ohdear:

I don't see a problem with this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh it's a 1st World Problem for sure, but I have so much other stuff to watch and listen to and play (oh yeah, and do actual boring adult things too).

I really want to do a full rewatch as well but I too have so much stuff to watch. I still haven't finished Fringe or Supernatural and I have easily 100 documentaries I want to watch.

And video games.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

:xcom:

(Only because there isn't a White March Part 2 smilie)

Lego Dimensions sucked me in and I couldn't escape. The only reason I got away is I ran out of stages I could finish without the upcoming wave. And to think I only bought it because of the DW expansion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

I made the decision to watch School Reunion right after this episode. It really put the "hello Sarah Jane" scene in a whole new light, and this is from someone who drat near teared up the first time I saw it. :unsmith:

As a now 34 year fan of this show, watching School Reunion the day it originally aired was so fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rochallor posted:

I would just much rathet have six or eight episodes of Eight doing random stuff to these big event things, yeah.

I'd trade every single River Song related thing ever for 10 more minutes of Eight on screen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I wish this would happen for me, in my mind he still hasn't really stopped being Malcolm Tucker.

I love how he used to show up in random roles like Sid's dad on the first two series of Skins and then as a World Health Organization doctor in World War Z.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Colin Baker does not approve of this discussion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I too have seen every existing Classic episode. Dad used to record them in VHS for me and I had a collection of tapes that filled my closet.

But I've only listened to a dozen audios, I can never get in the right frame of mind for them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the gently caress does spaz mean in the UK?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Spastic, as in retarded/mentally challenged.

I have never heard it used in that way. Huh. Over here "retard" is super offensive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

No-one remembers Tiger Woods having to apologise for saying he 'played like a spaz'?

Nope. In American it's similar to saying someone is goofy or a dork.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Back in 2014 Weird Al had to apologize for using the word spastic in his Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. parody "Word Crimes". It was a minor scandal for music comedy nerds.

The Black Eyed Peas had to change their song "Let's Get Retarded" to "Let's Get It Started" because people got lovely about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cleretic posted:

That one isn't even regional or anything, though. Nobody anywhere should be surprised about that one.

It's old slang though, "Let's get retarded!" used to be slang for getting poo poo faced.

Trying to chart a song about it is kind of dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Oh, ok. It can't be offensive, it's old slang. Did they also have to change the title of "friend of the family in the woodpile"?

It's from the same root, but took dramatically different paths of usage in the 70's and 80's.

I never defended it as not being offensive, just that it existed.

Toxxupation posted:

reminder that you're arguing with a guy defendin the black eyed fuckin peas

It was an example, not defending them.

• Locked thread