Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Daplas Dog House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Man I almost forgot this was GBS and answered.

It's just because weve been burned on this before

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Filipino street food and specifically a wider variety of Filipino food available in the city. And also yes, our supporters actually like the idea of us being in the same place for extended periods of time.

Nigga you white

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Molothecat posted:

others have a vision of you owning a restaurant?

My vision is me living off other peoples money. Let's make it happen!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

So who is Tristen? Who is Trinidadian? Who is Filipino? Are you Tristen or is your fiancé Tristen? Banned for account sharing? Why do you talk about Tinder so much?

Also that specific location is literally filled with other restaurants, some of whom have been there for like 30 years and have food people recognize. Good luck with that.

i dunno its pretty obvious that the op is white as gently caress

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Tristen is my fiancé, she is Filipino and I am white as the driven snowden. Her uncle is Trinidadian. Who got banned for account sharing?

Honest question; what should crowd funding be used for?

for when a bunch of people want something unusual and decide to pool their resources to get it made.

not to beg for money in exchange for nothing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
lol the guy begging for money calls other people bums

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I had no illusions about posting in GBS. If I can't answer your criticisms, then we should probably all agree I shouldn't beg on the internet. And poo poo if you guys hadn't shot me down then I'd be set for franchising across the country.

Lol you didnt anticipate and have an answer for the criticism "why should strangers give you money"

That's some primo millenial narcissism right there

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Op, I hope this project ruins not only your relationship and your credit but also your dick and balls as well.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I think the typical figure for restaurants is that you should have enough startup cash to operate for at least a year at a total loss as you build a rep and figure out operations. Double that if it's your first restaurant.

In other words, op is hosed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Because Id rather be banned from a comedy forum than record a racist sexist or otherwise disgusting video of myself to post online?

Cooking the food you're trying to sell is racist? What?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gandlethorpe posted:

As a goon of Phillipeno descent, I'm just honored that there is a popular thread in GBS talking about us and our food. Thanks for noticing us! <3

Turns out all you needed to do was gently caress some weird looking white guy

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I know we've been joking around a lot, OP, but here's some real advice:

Wait until you really can run at a loss for a year or two, because you will. This is true for pretty much every restaurant starting up.

Also, shave that horrible pube beard or else customers will start puking even before they actually taste your food

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a hole-y ghost posted:

if you watch filipino TV it's all chinese people though lmao

Theres a reason theyre called the jews of asia

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rather Dashing posted:

He was a barely literate redneck from Alabama opening a hotdog restaurant.

I would rather donate to doobie than this millenial scrub

RIP doobies

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

To be fair the the OP the comments about his wife we're pretty disgusting, one thing to take the piss out of his business model but there was a lot of unacceptable poo poo going on itt.

Why don't you complain to qcs about it you big crybaby

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DoctorStrangelove posted:

OP could have avoided this whole tranny situation if he understood enough French to know the difference between a Fiancé and a Fiancée.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Irrational Bees posted:

to be fair his wife is very ugly, so whether or not its a tranni doesn't really matter. But if you love someone, looks dont matter OP. She looks like one of the brown lesbians from countless cooking competition shows

She is less ugly and offputting than the op himself. Like if I went to a restaurant and saw her in the back, I'd think "yeah the chef looks like she can cook". If I saw the op, I'd leave

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Iirc nobody even joked about raping the fiancee. Very misleading, possibly libel

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

the great deceiver posted:

ya the tranny jokes were pretty bad but what do you expect posting a thread like this in gbs. it's like sticking your dick in a hornets nest

It's because he didn't know the difference between fiance and fiancee

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

the great deceiver posted:

i honestly doubt most of the posters who made tranny jokes knew the difference themselves

That's a pretty uncharitable reading. What ever happened to good faith?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spanish Manlove posted:

You're an idiot.

:irony:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Frog Act posted:

lets all of us GBS posters try to be excellent to one another and to strangers for one week from this post

it's called tough love

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FuhrerHat posted:

rape jokes are so lazy

there were never any rape jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

staberind posted:

When I was in Thailand, I had a Lasagna that was some kind of sweat meat pie, it tasted like it was made with tomato jam or something. perhaps the cook was from the philipines

for some reaosn whenever a food goes to another country, it gets sweeter. just like american chinese food is super sweet.

• Locked thread