Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Was there an explanation for why Rip Van Winkle has Eobard Thawne's computer?

Adder Moray posted:

I just figured that, prior to Rip's intervention, Firestorm would have just quit. Jackson is clearly not digging their arrangement.
Yeah, I could definitely see Firestorm not being important just because Stein's a tedious arsehole and Jackson would be fully justified in not wanting to stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This episode was definitely better than the first one, but it's still not great. Hawkman dying was great, but Savage is just not a good villain at all, but especially to such a powerful team of heroes. Just time travel alone should make it stupidly easy to beat him. Speaking of which Rip is also a lovely character. He barely exists and I certainly don't care about him at all. He should have died along with Hawkman and left them to take the time machine and go on without him.

Also, in the big fight scene, Ray was doing way better when he was tiny, just taking out a bunch of people as he flew by, but then he went back to normal size and had to start fighting them one-on-one in a much less effective way. And the ray guns are dumb, but only because we've seen them work much better before and now they've been powered down for no in-character reason.

Didn't hate Stein in this episode though, so that was an improvement.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

or they can just drop him into a volcano! they are so stupid lol!!!!!!

You say that mockingly, but yes, they could and they are. Vandal Savage is not a credible threat to these people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

And The Atom in flight is awesome. He's more effective than the Hawkcouple, in the first miniaturized sweep across the room he takes down 6 people in about 2 seconds, grows back to full size and immediately knocks out 2 more.

Yeah, like I said earlier, growing back to full size reduces his effectiveness. Should have stayed shrunk.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Overall thoughts on this episode: Snart and his partner are great, Sara is great, Jax and Rip basically bring nothing to the table and Ray, Stein and Hawkgirl are dragging the show down. I liked Ray and Hawkgirl as secondary characters on Arrow and Flash, but here they're just annoying me. If the cast got cut down to Snart and his partner, Sara, Jax and Stein it would be much better. I'd replace Stein with Rip but there's the Firestorm thing, so...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Actually, on last night's Arrow, they specifically mentioned that John Constantine fully restored her soul, so she doesn't have the bloodlust anymore.

EDIT: Dammit, never mind.
Did I miss this being explained? Because I was confused by that too.

frgildan posted:

Why not go back before he gained immortality? Seems like that would be the easiest way to do it.
Why not go back at all? Why are they going forward to the '80s instead of back to the '60s? Just jump back each time and you maintain the element of surprise until you kill him.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Does the fact that Rip has "seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall" imply that there's a Superman and Batman in their universe? Could be a dumb theory, but it was just a random thought I had
It seems like a pretty obvious reference, which means that Batman and Superman must show up in the future (from the persepctive of Arrow/Flash), but everyone in that room should have been going "Huh? Dark nights fall?"

howe_sam posted:

I like how Rip's the reason his family is dead.
During that scene I was thinking kind of the opposite. Savage is going "Ha, now I know who to kill!" but it already happened before Rip travelled back in time so this changes nothing.

Zebulon posted:

Now that he has more to do he's putting up a better showing. They're also doing a wonderful job of establishing why he's so dangerous with this episode. He has all the time in the world, and a long memory.
He's a better character now, still not an actual threat to this team.

Aphrodite posted:

They aren't trying to kill him now. They're trying to prevent his rise.

They don't want to gently caress with time that much.
I don't think this is the case? They definitely seemed to be trying to kill him last episode.

bobkatt013 posted:

I forget if they ever owed how he recovered from being ash?
If nothing else, that seems to definitely indicate that he reforms from the same body rather than just springing up in a new body at some other location (which means the drop him in a volcano plan is still the best way to go).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mortanis posted:

Well, they did name drop Oracle on Arrow. It's possible Bats is around and doing things and it's just not mentioned.

Seems a bit odd that no one has ever gone "Hey, you're like that Batman guy in Gotham!" or "Apparently Gotham have their own Arrow now, but he dresses up like a bat for some reason?" And if they actually know enough about him to know that his backup person is called Oracle, it's even weirder to have never mentioned him.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The heist at the start of the episode was really good. If the show was just more of that it would be so much better. Stein and Hawkgirl are still terrible, though Ray's improving a bit. The bit with Canary and Hawkgirl was just way too reminiscent of the stupid drama that goes on in Arrow.

It occurs to me that this show would be vastly improved if Savage was never seen, he was just this shadowy figure pulling the strings, so the team would have a reason for not being able to confront him directly and would have to do all these missions where they have to steal stuff, infiltrate places, sabotage research, etc. It's too late for that now, unfortunately, because Savage is already established as being very hands-on.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Hell no. If there's anything we've learned from this season of The Flash, it's that a season villain who rarely shows up is detrimental to the overall plot, no matter how powerful he is.

Zoom has been handled badly. That doesn't mean the concept is inherently flawed. It has been done well before and I see no reason it couldn't be done well again.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Victor Garber has literally no idea what he is even posing for.

Neither do I. :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

So, people liked this episode? I was pretty bored with it, except for Rory and Snart. The Ray/Kendra/Jax/Stein bit was dumb, although Ray was quite likeable, which was a nice change. The future-Arrow stuff was mostly tedious because I don't give a poo poo about Diggle's non-existent son (and why didn't they make it his daughter?) or Slade Wilson's even more non-existent son. That bit where Sara "recognised" him was really dumb. It was incredibly obvious that it wasn't Slade, so I thought for a second that her being so sure meant they'd just recast him and expected us just to accept that. Then he takes off his mask and it's just some dude. Who cares. Also none of this actually happens because they'll go back and change the past.

Also, didn't Rip say he specifically chose them because pulling them out of time would have no impact on history? If they can go back and prevent this future then that's apparently bullshit as well.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think he seems sort of like Dr Claw, in that he has a new scheme every week, then when he's beaten it's all, "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!" I don't get the feeling that he's been shaping or shepherding historical events toward his ultimate goal or anything like that, which I think (though I could be wrong) is what they're aiming at. :shrug:

I admit I'm not explaining it very well - does anyone else get what I'm trying to say?

Yeah. We have no sense at all as to the shape or direction of his plans. If he's manipulating events to further his goals, he's doing it in a way that is invisible to the audience. As far as we can tell, he may as well be doing nothing. He's got loyal followers, but what do they do? He defected to the Soviet Union, but why? What did that get him?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

An actual solid episode.

It really helps that it had nothing to do with Vandal Savage.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

So if they kidnapped the kid and effectively made him disappear without trace, and it had no effect on the timeline, how would killing him change anything at all? This episode was super dumb.

BrianWilly posted:

Can we just call it that the presence of Savage in these disappointing episodes is the common denominator?
Absolutely. Savage has been dragging this series down from day one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Or after they successfully beat him (one of multiple times) just toss his body toward the outer solar system. Go be immortal for eternity in empty space.

Actually, doesn't he need to keep killing the hawks to stay immortal? And didn't Carter have all his past life memories? They could have just kidnapped three or four generations of hawks and waited for an increasingly frantic Savage to die of old age because he couldn't find them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

How would he dominate the world? He'd need to step into some sort of leadership position (king, CEO, etc.), which he can't do because sooner or later people would realize that he's not dying, much less getting any older. Once that happened, it'd be a matter of time before the world united against him. He may be immortal but that doesn't make him invincible or omnipotent. His entire plan is a very long con and it depends on him not being under the spotlight.

He already has that cult of loyal followers. His best plan would have been to get them into positions of power so that he can pull the strings from behind the scenes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Show would be so much better if Snart started stealing historical artifacts for kicks.

That's the magna carta!
I thought it would look good in my bathroom

Now I want to watch a show about a team of time-travelling thieves, pulling off heists throughout history.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

So...Carmen Sandiego or Lupin III but with time travel then?

I've no idea what Lupin III is, but wasn't Carmen Sandiego about a group of kids tracking down a criminal by learning geography facts? That isn't really what I was thinking of.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Hex is always a fan favorite, but nothing about this episode really made me want to see more Hex.

Yeah, I have no idea what he's like in the comics, but the character we got in the show was totally uninteresting.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nah, I still like Ray and Sara and the Professor dude. Just wish they were in a better story.
Ray and Stein are boring as hell. Snart and Rory are pretty decent most of the time, and Sara has her moments, but most of the cast are dead weight most of the time.

Hatrocious posted:

The only two female main characters gossip about getting engaged to a man, then spend the very next scene cooing over a baby.
Yeah, that was just terrible.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I thought the same thing but then Arrow started murdering people and I thought it was cool he wasn't a bitch like Batman.

Then he stopped killing people and the show got worse.
Yeah, and that whole thing with the list of corrupt politicians and evil businessmen or whatever was cool too. It was pretty neat that he was a super hero who went around murdering people for "failing the city". He can 't even use that line any more because he just fights ridiculous supervillains. With non-lethal arrows and bullets. :rolleyes:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kammat posted:

NO NO NO BASH VANDAL YOU DUMBASS

Maxwell Lord posted:

Once again the Hawk people are just the worst.

raditts posted:

I knew that goddamn horseshit was coming and it still didn't stop me from yelling "Oh gently caress YOU" at the TV when it happened.

This show is so loving stupid.
I seriously can't believe how angry this episode made me.

xerxus posted:

Why wouldn't Cassandra take over the army with Savage gone?
Because she's a good guy now and that means she has to be a complete moron or she wouldn't fit in.

DoctorWhat posted:

Snart's convinced her, as far as we can tell, that Vandal's entire worldview is monstrous and dishonest and cruel. She doesn't buy into fascism anymore.
So why not take over and dismantle the system from within instead of turning rebel and leaving the position open for someone who actually does want to be a fascist dictator?

Binary Badger posted:

I get the feeling the only reason Ray could beat Leviathan was because Savage was stupid enough to assume he'd never have to fight another giant.
I don't think that was the stupid part. A giant robot is a lovely weapon and I get the impression that Savage wasn't really fighting anyone with the resources to build one, even if they were dumb enough to think that was a good use of resources.

The giant robot was super dumb though. Since the rebels didn't know about it it clearly wasn't being used for intimidation, it was super slow, it couldn't really be effectively used for either mass destruction or precision, and it looked really dumb. There is no good reason for it to exist.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

The number one rule of time travel fiction is, it has to make sense internally.

Doesn't really matter if it involves time travel or not, it applies to everything. Magic, technology, whatever. If the plot of one episode relies on it working a particular way, it can't work differently in the next episode unless you explain why.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Killing the hawks is what keeps Savage immortal, right? I mean it's not like he's just immortal and he does it for kicks, the fact that he tracks them down each time they reincarnate and kills them and sucks up their life mist or whatever is what keeps him going, right?
As far as it's been explained so far, yes.

greatn posted:

Depends on how reincarnation works. You could die in 2166 and then reincarnate back to 2011. The Egyptian Magik won't be fooled by your time travel shenanigans.
Worth giving it a shot, though. I mean, you could probably even use Kendra's past life memories (possibly with a bit of detective work) to grab even earlier ones. I think maybe killing Savage stops the hawks from reincarnating as well? But that's OK, that just makes them normal people and is what they're trying to do anyway.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ubachung posted:

The problem is 'stupid fun' works best when the characters are the fun part and the situations they encounter are stupid or absurd. We're getting the exact opposite of this.
Or at least have the characters be stupid consistently. The problem with these characters isn't that they're dumb, it's that they're not dumb until the plot calls for one of them to do something stupid for no reason.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

At this point I am rooting for Savage.

His speech to Rip about seeing dozens of his children die in his arms to old age over 4,000 years made some sense. He has seen every major civilization fall and has a perspective nobody else does.

Add to that the Time Masters are helping him and talking about how short sighted Rip is. The guy who was a master of time and decided to settle his family in the middle of the bloodiest conflict in Earths history with the death of billions.

It makes it seem like Savage taking over the world and killing Billions actually saves the human race from destroying the planet/extinction and Rip is just an rear end in a top hat that is endlessly seeking revenge regardless of the cost.
Yeah, I'll be disappointed if this isn't what they're going for. Sure, Savage is a murderous psychopath, but he actually creates an empire that brings peace and prosperity to the world for the next 10,000 years, and without him we'd have 10,000 years of constant war with 99% of the world's population living in poverty, so we'll look the other way about those people he killed.

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean more than likely it's hideous writing but I'd be very interested of they run with "Savage is ruthless and callous but actually thinks he's doing the right thing for all of history."
I think it works better if they acknowledge that he's a terrible person and has never tried to do good, but history just happens to work out better if he's around.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

In the last episode that aired, this exchange happens verbatim:

Kendra: I can't believe it. Carter's alive. He isn't dead. Instead, he's alive.

Ray [looking concerned]: Yes.

Kendra: I thought that Vandal Savage, our enemy, killed him.

Ray [confused]: Vandal Savage?

Kendra: Our enemy, Vandal Savage.

Rip [entering room]: Vandal Savage, from the year 2166, who killed my wife and son in the year 2166, your future.

Ray: I thought that was Carter.

Sara [on ceiling]: No, Carter is your enemy, because he's Kendra's Egyptian husband from the past. And Kendra is your wife, also from the past.

Ray: Guess this time... size does matter.

Kendra: That doesn't really apply here, Ray.

That actually sounds like a more entertaining show.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Can the CW stop justifying the use of roofies? Please? Not the best message to be sending, show.
Yeah, that was a really terrible scene.

FactsAreUseless posted:

characters didn't act like idiots
Didn't they?

Hermetic posted:

I also love how subtle they were about the oracle's control.

They escape the Time Masters, knowing that the moment they do, they're under the Oracle's control. They then immediately hatch a plan that involves going straight back to the Time Masters' base, and it's basically the only plan they've had all season that garners a unanimous decision.
But why did the Time Masters just allow Jefferson to show up and wreck their poo poo? He was back within their sphere of influence too!

OB_Juan posted:

Also, please don't use the device that can see and manipulate all of time to just gank Savage in Egyptian times, saving everyone a lot of trouble, then use it to find a different solution to the alien invasion. Blow it up for maximum vengence.
I'm pretty sure Rip is the bad guy. He literally saw the future and knows that his plan will lead to aliens taking over the Earth and went "let's make sure no one can stop it then!"

ApeHawk posted:

Yeah, their whole spiel about "the only way we stopped the invasion was because Savage united the world under one ruler, which we helped orchestrate" really falls apart when they LITERALLY HAVE THE SCRIPT OF THE SHOW AND A PEN. Apparently, writing history to make the birdpeople go away WITHOUT creating an immortal hitler and causing mass genocide is too hard.
Yeah, if they'd just seen Savage take over and stop the aliens and gone "that worked out surprisingly well, better not gently caress with it" that would be one thing, but actually orchestrating his rise to power because he's literally the only person who can do it is really dumb.

Also, if the aliens would have won and that would have meant no Time Masters, how do the Time Masters even exist? Their interference is the only thing that stops the aliens, but stopping the aliens is the only thing that allows them to exist. It's a clear paradox.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode because it was just action and fun character interactions (Roy and Mick eating desserts).
Mick's "don't tell anyone I secretly like them" bit was really dumb though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Oh my god, you can't do something simultaneously at three different times, that makes no sense! :argh:

And haven't they just doomed the Earth to alien invasion? Also, the time masters still exist, right? They don't have their magic time-controlling computer any more, but they've still got their time travel ships and all that.

X-O posted:

in the last few minutes they go and remove the second worst part of the show entirely
Fingers crossed for Rip to die at least as early in season 2 as Carter did in season 1.

BurritoJustice posted:

Probably the only drag was the whole "no you see you can't save Laurel because Guggy said so, she's proper dead" side plot.
I'm just wondering why Sara believed him. This guy has just been lying to them constantly from the start and is obviously the least competent time master - and that's a group who were dumb enough to let their incompetent enemies destroy their greatest asset. Rip says Laurel can't be saved, but if he's not lying he's probably just wrong. Don't take his word for it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I was kind of hoping Firestorm would gently caress off too (and it would have made sense since Stein and Jax have family they could have stayed behind for) but its ok.
I was wondering why no one suggested Stein bring his wife along. It's not like she'd be in any more danger than staying in Central City.

STAC Goat posted:

So am I right in assuming that Time Travel Vandal Savage is still out there on his spaceship? I was surprised they didn't show it to us which is why I'm doubt it but the three Savages they killed were just the guys' in Savage's timeline, right? So the fourth Savage who set the whole plan into motion is still out there? Or was the Savage the Hawks/Rip killed Time Travel Vandal? In which case is there still a living Savage in his timeline until he gets kidnapped in Rip's time or did killing Savage in 75 or 55 kill him or why could they kill Savage in 77 if they killed him in 55? gently caress...
No no, they had to kill him at three different times at the same time because that way he'd be properly dead somehow but Rip's family stay dead for some reason and none of this makes any sense at all.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

But Mick and Sara went and killed old Savages in the process of stopping the meteor because it was more satisfying and effective than tying him up in the corner.
Pretty sure killing him in all three times was a required part of the plan. :shrug:

STAC Goat posted:

The destroyed the whole Time Master setup that was apparently manipulating time and history to control things. That's something.
Yes. It's one of the many ways they made things worse.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

But Einstein had jack poo poo to do with the bomb.
Also super heroes aren't real.

thrakkorzog posted:

To be fair, the show has ditched some of the worst parts of the first season.
Things are definitely looking up.

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically don't get overly attached to anyone who isn't Brandon Routh and/or Victor Garber.
Pity Stein is the worst remaining character by a long way.

Mortanis posted:

I really enjoyed that and two of the best villains the CW-verse has had being on one show is also great. I'd be super happy if the show was just "Thawne and Darhk gently caress up time" with our sorry looking lot of hopefuls here chasing after them and fixing it.

Literally "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego".
That would be great.

Doktor Per posted:

I want more plots like when Otto Octavius was kissing on Aunt May.
For a moment there I read that as Mole Man (because that's a thing that happened in newspaper Spider-Man) and it made me realise how great it would be if this show was like newspaper Spider-Man.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Zebulon posted:

Poor Ray.

"So your superpower is wearing a suit?"

Says the woman whose super powers come from a necklace? Did she miss the bit where he mentioned that he built the suit?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Mick remains the best.
The rest of the show is mediocre at best, but he's great.

bull3964 posted:

The opening voiceover
All I can think whenever I hear it is: "so don't call us heroes" - don't worry, no one was.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Why not just tear up the track?
I think maybe if it derailed it would have exploded?

Bruceski posted:

I was really worried that episode was going to end with "man don't tell Clarissa when you get home, she'll be pissed." "...who?"
That did seem like where they were going. I'm hoping it does turn out that he has a daughter now though, because that would be way more interesting than an affair.

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone care about Stein's wife drama? His entire story as been about that recently.
I find it really weird how Stein is constantly harping on about his wife despite the fact that he took off at the first opportunity and left her behind. Does she even know he's alive? If he used time travel to come home to the same time he left from, presumably he'd be available to help at Star Labs.

muscles like this! posted:

Is there a behind the scenes reason Rip hasn't been in this season?
I assumed it was just because he was terrible and the show is much better without him.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Heroes vs. aliens? But in Supergirl the heroes are aliens.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Caper posted:

So Stein can 'fix' his mistakes, yet we're supposed to endure the tension of Barry being unable to fix his?
Stein thinks he can fix his. We've seen how good the "legends" are at not loving up history.

Hollismason posted:

I do like that they're like " loving with time travel is bad".
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from mister 'I'm my own grandpa'!"

howe_sam posted:

Shouldn't Kara be the one to intercept the bomb?
It eventually made sense that they wanted Firestorm to transmute it, but it did seem like a better job for Supergirl.

Binary Logic posted:

It's really a shame that power didn't allow her to plough through the horde, trample and knock them down.
That really seemed like it was what was going to happen and then it didn't and it was very disappointing.

Carlosologist posted:

ha, Kara looks like Ray's cousin :allears:
Best line of the crossover. :haw:

TwoPair posted:

Okay you know, thinking about it even more, I think I would have been more satisfied if the crossover literally copied Independence Day. Cisco (or Stein or Felicity pick whichever CW tech person) and Thea could take the stolen Dominator dropship and hack the Dominator mothership (Thea would be Will Smith and smoke a large cigar while Cisco works). Then they can have one of the Hawks guest star as the Randy Quaid role and blow up the Dominator mothership by flying directly into their main weapon. You know, it kills two birds (literally) with one stone: the Dominators are gone and we also never have to deal with the risk of Hawkpeople returning.
Oh you know super heroes never really die. Just be glad they haven't come back so far.

Aphrodite posted:

Cisco isn't on LoT, he doesn't know how time travel works.

He thinks it's BttF rules.
To be fair, sometimes it is.

TwoPair posted:

More importantly can someone explain why Cisco thought letting the Dominator go back to his ship was a remotely good idea? Like, it's not loving E.T., Cisco, you literally saw it killing and abducting people 20 minutes ago and now you think because you saved it from one guy you're gonna convince all the aliens that humans are just swell folks? Maybe the 50s MIB torturing it for no reason was hosed up, but keeping the alien around and running experiments on it would've been much more effective to the cause than your fantastic diplomatic skills.
It's your standard hero rule. You've got to do the right thing, not the smart thing. You can't leave someone to be tortured to death even if they're an enemy.

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm sure this has been covered, but I didn't want to read the entire thread. How come everybody is on board for time travel fuckery exactly 1 day after they were all treating Barry like a piece of poo poo for time travel fuckery?

Speed force?

:shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Honestly I would watch a whole show just about Eobard, Darhk and Malcolm being assholes across the timeline.
Add Mick and Sara and have the "legends of tomorrow" be legendary time travelling criminals. Better show than this one.

Senerio posted:

I really liked the episode. I loved Eobard's reaction to Malcolm saying something stupid right after he called Malcolm more than just a pretty face.
Honestly, they've all been beaten by people way weaker and dumber than them, so none of them really have room to criticise. Although I'm not sure what exactly Malcolm brings to the table since his thing is just that he's an assassin and Dhahrhkh is already an assassin and a wizard. I guess he used to be Ra's al Ghul.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, they are a point of Jax being weirded out by Fake Stein and I took that as him not feeling the link. It's just kind of an emotional state of being thing and not mind reading
It's like a lot of things in these shows, really inconsistent. In some episodes it's practically mind reading, in others it barely exists.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wait, didn't he lose his speed? Presumably the whole thing went as it did before Flashpoint, just delayed by a few secondsseconds. Originally Thawne killed Barry's mom, sped away, and then lost his speed. The addition is Barry grabbed Thawne, took him to the future, and then brought him back a few seconds after. So shouldn't he have sped away after killing Barry's mom and then lost his speed just like before?

muscles like this! posted:

Presumably Barry loving around with time and alternate realities broke that part and now Thawne is free to do whatever he wants. Or alternatively, this Thawne that we're seeing is actually from a period after he met Barry in the future and before he went back to kill Barry's mom.

http://i.imgur.com/F7bttaW.mp4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Scyantific posted:

gently caress MAN, putting Lescher, Barrowman, AND McDonough on the same team, on the same show, is probably the greatest loving thing DC has ever done.
Add Ray Wise and Malcolm McDowell and you have the absolute best possible supervillain team of all time.

howe_sam posted:

Oh my god, it's a legion of doom bonding episode :allears:
This was the best and I hope there's more of it.

Zebulon posted:

I'd be down with backing that assessment. Not familiar with Supergirl but while Flash and Arrow have both improved this season, Legends is just plain FUN now that they've embraced the absurdity and "bunch of losers time traveling around aimlessly" nature of the show.
All four shows are better this season than last.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Vast armies of tens of men...
Yeah, that really stood out. I feel like there had to be a way to make the battle look better than that.

8one6 posted:

An argument could be made that, as captain of the Waverider it's her duty to make sure history happens.
But wouldn't that mean getting rid of Camelot because it's not supposed to exist?

howe_sam posted:

Also, I know they're idiots, but they really didn't plug any backdoors into Gideon Rip might exploit?
Them not thinking to revoke Rip's access to the computer is just so appropriate. I didn't see it coming, but when it happened I just thought "Oh, of course. They're idiots."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

But yay! Rip's back!

Yay? :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

I like Darvill as an actor, so I hope he sticks around, but with Sarah as the leader, Ray and Stein as the science guys, Nate as the history guy, Jax as the ship guy and Mick as...Mick, he's kind of superfluous.
Mick is the actually competent one who steps up to save everyone when they inevitably gently caress up.

• Locked thread