Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah, it needs a charge before I start playing an awesome 3rd person shooter (from what I've seen in youtube videos).

Set expectations very low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Vita means life.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Has anyone had an issue on their Vita of the memory card frequently being 'removed', despite not actually being removed? I'll grab my system out of my bag to play it and at least once or twice a week, it'll have booted back to the menu with that message, losing progress in a game I'm playing. Then I'll need to pull the card out and put it back in, then restart the system, to actually have it recognize the card.

Is it a 64 gb card? I had that happen when mine started to go out. That or the reader is going out.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Dehry posted:

Give one of the characters a gun?

Wait, are you arguing FOR or AGAINST it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Flow has a hack coming out but he's waiting to release it:

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832?s=19

E:f,b

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Bumping/double posting this thread for anyone who cares

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/1007988724842541056?s=09

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I'm sure the answer is yes, but will this allow the install of SD2VITA?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

Fixed that for you, it should have kicked off an era of great mobile FPS but CoD blew it and we see where that went.

I actually didn't mind CoD Declassified but the load times were horrendous

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ayukawa posted:

Does anyone here know where to find a list of Vita-chan games that include AR functionality as part of the game? Not only the USA store, but other regions as well would also be nice.

I have spent considerable time searching, and it seems there are hundreds of lists and reviews about the free games on PSN at Vita-chan debut, but finding a list that includes things like the AR functions in games like Project Diva F2nd is seeming impossible.

that's because it was rarely used (the Vita and the AR function lol)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

In Training posted:

Archaezoic Big Hole

pls do not post my fetlife screen name

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

SMH that Black Ops is higher than Killzone Mercenary

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Annath posted:

There's some issue with memory cards?

I've got a 32GB official Sony card, and a... 256GB? (I forget) SD in the SD2Vita slot, and I haven't noticed any issues.

Official Sony 64 GB Vita memory cards have a pretty bad failure rate from what I understand

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I had to browse these very forums on a Vita this week and fuckin' buddy I do not goddamn reccomend it

That's some friggin dedication. Also sorry you had to get mugged. I meant to respond in the chat thread but you reminded me here.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What is the go to grip for the vita 2000? I’ll mainly be doing PS4 remote play and moonlight pc streaming, so having a ds4 equivalent set of buttons would be nice. Like everyone I hate the touch back and the screen corner options for L and R 2 and 3

I got the Hori one

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Vita-Re...=gateway&sr=8-9

It gives you triggers for the 4 quadrants of the back touchpad. It doesn’t connect through a port or anything, the triggers touch a membrane that then touch the pad, if that makes sense. Really good for PSX games. Also gives the Vita a little more ergonomics. i didn’t get it from amazon but I’m pretty sure I paid close to $50 for it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

Hey y'all,

My micro usb cord isn't working with my PS Vita 2001, should I get more cords or is it possible this used vita has a busted charging port?

I had a cord I had been using for years that gave up charging the Vita. I changed to a different one and was back in business. Weird thing is the cord still charges other stuff:iiam:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Anora posted:

It is astounding to me that they've never ported Soul Sacrifice Delta to anything.

Even Gravity Rush was ported to PS4. SSD is practically a Sony owned property so if it didn't sell like gangbusters they won't bother, I feel. I don't think we'll see a sequel for a while and it will probably be a Sony platform exclusive ie: Demon's Souls Remastered.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

knuthgrush posted:

Hey gang! Wheelin' into this thread due to the Nintendo homebrew thread. I used the hacks.guide site for my 2DS and I noticed they have a guide for the vita as well. I don't really care for the form factor of my 2DS but the Vita looks like a comfortable device.

I used to have a modded PSP and really enjoyed it. Are modded Vitas very useful? They seem obtainable for decent prices. My use case would be emulators, videos, music, and maybe some Vita games (I haven't looked at the library yet). Stuff I'm doing on my phone with an 8bitdo and on my desktop anyway but I feel like the overall experience might be better with a Vita. That may also be rose colored glasses with my PSP experience.

Thanks!

Basically treat it as a suped up PSP. You can assign buttons to the second stick and get traditional third person controls. You can play PSX DualShock games properly by assigning L2/3 and R2/3 to the back pad. Some emulation runs a little better because it's a better processor than the PSP. There's a few Vita exclusives as was discussed. Original Vitas have nice OLED screens but a proprietary charger. 2000s have an LCD screen but I still think it looks nice and they have a micro usb charging port.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Don't you have to emulate the psp to run other emulators? (idk I haven't hacked my vita but that used to be the case) so the double emulation is probably rough on the vita's fairly weak cpu

I think most people are using the PSP emulators just because they are further along since they were developed years ago. Most homebrewers are focused on

Marx Headroom posted:

idk now that it's broken open people are doing all kinds of poo poo. They release a new Android ported game like every week lately. Someone got remote play working for AMD gaming PCs.

stuff like this because it's more interesting, imo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

what in god's name were they thinking with that form factor

Nostalgia. The thumbstick looks ill placed but I'm not sure where else it would go.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I just ordered a Neo geo pocket dev kit. Wish me luck on my future business endeavor!

This is still a better prospect than getting a Vita kit and I like the Vita :rip:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

man I feel like this thread is really apologetic for Sony, idk, lol

ur friggin face is apologetic :iceburn:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

police will never help you

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Strong rumors that they are remastering all of them so they still could!

Well that would explain the suing