Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Axiom Verge ever come out? (for vita?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Fred Armisen is a piece of poo poo, just like Portlandia.

Crypt of the Necrodancer seems pretty cool tho, I might try that out.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Ruggington posted:

You took my joke very harshly

Nah, I just react that way whenever I'm reminded of his existence.

I honestly don't know why. I really really dislike Portlandia, but there are other things I dislike that don't provoke such a visceral reaction.

Maybe I'm broken inside?

Video games are cool and fun tho.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
So I'm curious about something related to anime, and thus the Vita.

We've got the Sword Art Online franchise, and I was watching this show Overlord, and apparently there are some other MMO-SHOWS around (Log Horizon?).

All of them feature MMOs that include features such as rare, extremely unbalanced items to craft, usually huge involved guild systems that allow for player factions on the scale of EVE, copious multi-classing, etc.

Are there actually MMOs with these sorts of features in Japan? Because nothing released in the West has anything like the scope of these shows' game mechanics, and I'm curious about the point of reference, if there is one.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Deadguy2322 posted:

Well, it doesn’t have brightly-coloured plastic chunks hanging off the sides, at any rate.

I love my Vita, but I will fuckin' cut a bitch who disses my sweet case modded Switch:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Waltzing Along posted:

That switch looks dumb as gently caress.

:thunk:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Is it possible to "see" all Soul Sacrifice Delta has to offer playing offline? I played it when it first came out and loved it, but ended up setting it aside.

I'm assuming that the online must be dead by now.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Omobono posted:

Understatement of the century.

For reference, I don't have a good head for all the crafting things but I've read something of what you can pull. I think my favourite was hearing about a pie in Meruru (if I recall correctly) where all the traits meant that the pie healed Hp and Sp to full, layered every single buff in the game plus reraise and automatically triggered from inventory without using a turn whenever a character was at critical HP, for example if said character had just been revived from the reraise effect.

Well gently caress. Now I gotta play this.

Where do I start?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Fru Fru posted:

If you care about the story at all, just start with Rorona. A lot of people don't like it because the time constraint is pretty strict and you will definitely need to do a NG+ if you wanna get all the endings, but I actually like the time challenge. Meruru is the third in that trilogy (these games all come in trilogies set in parallel worlds) but you don't have to have played the other two if you just wanna make some crazy stuff. I don't remember making any pies like that but I think that was when pinwheels got crazy powerful.

If you are worried about the time challenge, maybe skip to the Dusk trilogy. I think Ayesha was was less strict and Escha & Logy is one of my favorites.

Also always get the "plus" versions. I don't know if you can still get the normal versions but just in case.

Not a big fan of time limits in games, so I picked up Ayesha Plus, so we'll see how it goes!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC PSTVs have shot up in price ever since people figured out that they were fantastic piracy boxes

You can hack the Vita TVs to use those SD card adapters on them?

I'm tempted to get one to play Persona 4 again on an actual TV. It'd be more expensive than that dock thing (although not by much since it's $65 for the dock with the Raspberry Pi included which is mandatory plus another $20 for shipping) but it'd arrive sooner (now instead of August) and not rely on janky eastern european hackery...

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
If I have a Vita and a Vita TV, can I use the cloud saves to play on one and pick it up on the other?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm trying to install hacked firmware on my PS TV following the vita.hacks.guide, uh, guide. I've run into a roadblock, and unfortunately the discord is not the most helpful, so I was wondering if anyone on here could help me figure out what to do:

My PS TV was on 3.67, so I followed the instructions to upgrade it to 3.68.

Now I am at the step where I am supposed to go into content manager and sync it to FinalHE on my PC.

For a while, the PS TV was able to link via the number code given in the FinalHE app, however, when attempting to actually use the copy function, the PS TV would insist that it needed an update.

I entered the alternate DNS info, which made it so that the PS TV would say it needed an update, but then if I clicked System Update it would say the version was already up to date and send me back to Content Manager, which would then say it needed a system update when attempting to copy from the PC.

Then I tried Vita Update Blocker, and ran it on my PC, and entered the Proxy Server info it gave me on the PS TV. It didn't appear to do anything, the PS TV still asked for an update.

Finally, I disconnected all internet options on the PS TV, went into recovery mode, and did a factory reset. I then unplugged my modem from my router, so the PS TV and my computer could both connect to the local network, but not access the internet.

My PS TV was able to see my PC as an option to connect to in Content Manager, but now would no longer allow me to link it via the number code. When I attempted to register the device, the PS TV would sit spinning for a while then say the network connection was lost (while connected via ethernet...)

It is still seeing something on the network, as if I close the FinalHE program on the PC, my PC name disappears from the devices list on the PS TV content manager.

What should I do to get the necessary files onto my PS TV? When I hacked my actual Vita, I was able to just hook it up to my PC directly, so I didn't have to deal with this network nonsense...

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Ah, sorry if I wasn't specific enough, that's what I get for posting at 1am...

While initially I was having the issue of being prompted to update when trying to use content manager, that's no longer the case.

I did a factory reset, this time entering my PSN login info during the initial setup, and now when I use content manager, it no longer prompts for an update. Instead, while it sees my PC as a device on the network, it cannot register it to connect to (the step where you choose the PC, then on the Vita you enter the number code displayed on the PC app).

When I click on my PC in the PSTV content manager, the screen sits loading for a few seconds, then says "the network connection has been lost". This occurs when using WiFi or Ethernet.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

ayukawa posted:

I have been promoted to Thread-regular!

CMA or QCMA ?

So the guide I'm following is here: https://vita.hacks.guide/installing-h-encore

It wants me to use "FinalHE v1.81" on my PC (guide Section 1 Step 2) and open Content Manager on my PSTV (Section 1 Step 3).

This is supposed to make the PSTV prompt for a numeric code to be entered, the code being displayed on FinalHE.

The problem I was initially having was that FinalHE would give me the code, but after I entered it, the PSTV would demand an update to the firmware. Going off the advice of someone in the Vita Hacks Discord, I factory reset the PSTV and, during the initial setup, I entered my PSN login info (something I had not done previously).

Now, when I launch Content Manager on my PSTV, it sees my PC in the device list (if FinalHE is running):

If I select it, it attempts to connect/register:

But ultimately times out every time saying the connection was lost, even though the network icon remains the whole time:

I have tried with FinalHE, auto h-encore, and regular old QCMA, and the same thing happens. The PSTV just will not talk to the PC. So it never even gets to the "ask for a code" step now.

E: I rebooted my PC and for some reason it worked fine after that :shepicide:

Annath fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 19, 2019

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Ossipago posted:

I picked up one of these on ebay and am liking it, but my large, old hands don't play so nice with the grip and button placement. I can go about 20 minutes before my thumb joints start to rebel. Any suggestions on a peripheral to help?

What model of Vita?

If you have the (superior OLED) OG Vita, and can find a Nyko Power Grip for a not-absurd amount of money, that's what I use.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
There's some issue with memory cards?

I've got a 32GB official Sony card, and a... 256GB? (I forget) SD in the SD2Vita slot, and I haven't noticed any issues.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Is there still anybody playing Soul Sacrifice (Delta) online?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I had a most of my handheld gaming devices stolen from my car a few years ago.

I ultimately got some of them back, because the thief sold them for cash to Gamestop which meat he had to give a copy of his driver's license for security ( :v: ).

The items were held as evidence for like 9 months before I could get them from the cops, and my PSP had gone completely dead. My DS Lite still turned on however, and even had a green battery light!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Ignis posted:

You can purchase the game from the webstore, but you can't use PSN on Adrenaline and the game wouldn't (iirc) show up on the Vita download list, so you would have to use a PS3 to download your game and then transfer it to your Vita iirc

This is correct.

Since I never owned a PS3 (please port MGS4 to the PS4!) I had to register my account on my buddy's PS3 to transfer purchased PSP games/Dissidia DLC.

Since said buddy has since moved just far enough away to make dropping by to transfer files a huge pain, I found alternatives :pirate:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I have a thread in SA Mart looking for an original Sony branded Vita 1000 charger, if anyone here has one they're interested in selling:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915090

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
There's a known issue with aftermarket chargers failing to charge properly.

For example, the aftermarket one I have now will get the battery up to about 90% before it becomes intermittent. In addition, it cannot send enough current to charge both my Nyko Power Grip and Vita. If I plug the charger into the grip while the Vita is in it, the Vita will (eventually) get to 100% but the grip will never get a green, fully-charged light.

I know it's not an issue with the grip because if I plug the charger into the grip without the Vita in it, it will charge just fine.

E: Walmart of all places had a single official charger in stock online, so I just bought that for $18 :vv:

Annath fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 23, 2020

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
My Vita does this thing where when it's plugged in, it charges until full, then stops charging, but never starts charging again unless it is unplugged and plugged back in.

For example, it's been plugged in for a few weeks unused, because I've been on an Animal Crossing kick, but when I picked it up this morning, still plugged in, it was completely dead, and started charging immediately when I plugged it back in.

I think it has something to do with the Nyko Power Grip, it must be interfering with the charge detection stuff...

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Completely unrelated to the deluge of hardware and software data that leaked related to Nintendo consoles, including the N64, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

RadicalR posted:

Although, it's recommended to get the PC version as the translation was updated to be in line with the series, plus it has QoL features added as well.

I have the fan translation of Trails in the Sky Evo (the Vita versions, I guess they're Evo?)

I really don't want to start over on the PC, so I hope the fan translation is accurate.