Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you don't gotta justify your anime games to the vita thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Minecraft was free on PSN by mistake one time but that's the only time I've ever seen that happen

amplitude was free for a bit but they fixed it. if you got it free during the mixup, you don't have it anymore

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I never had trouble reading anything in tocs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

atelier games have time limits? do they all have that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ceramics posted:

Judging by https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/832797511479734273 I'm pretty sure they just got outbid or something

that sucks

hopefully they keep the trails games that are coming

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it comes with cyber sleuth packed in? that's pretty cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cyber sleuth already had the same artist

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what do you need 5000 screenshots for

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obviously you should just wait until it's released on steam and play it again from the beginning there

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cyber sleuth is perfectly fine on vita

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doesn't the sequel come with cyber sleuth anyway? you could just wait for that and play double the digimon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alder posted:

Why did you buy the Personas? I can understand Thanatos but everyone else looked meh. I bought Catherine, Raidou, P3, and P4 sets because I wanted new clothes for my anime BFs.

kaguya gets shining arrows

remember hassou tobi? shining arrows is that but magic instead of physical

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

Good. P4 had good spinoffs and I hope P5 can follow the trend, since it's going to have a ton of spinoff games no matter what.

I want them to make pq again but good this time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

PQ felt like much worse diminishing returns than EO ever did, I didn't make it very far. I played a ton of P4A and P4DAN though.

pq is like a 6/10 if I'm feeling generous but the concept is good and I wish the execution was better

really dig the music as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

You should be aware that Persona 1 is a pretty bad game.

the gameplay in 2 is super dated as well and the games before 3 aren't the same kind of game at all

3 and 4 aren't as stylish as 5 and the main dungeons are like the side dungeon thing in 5. I forget what it's called but it's the one with the reaper but minus the cat that turns into a van. I'd also suggest playing as a girl in p3p because the s-links are better (except ken)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can go pretty wrong with 2. 3 is good tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trails of cold steel will be if it isn't already but the sequel isn't yet. it'll probably be a while before that gets ported as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Beelerzebub posted:

Because it's an alright game with some archaic mechanics. Music's pretty alright as well. It was more of an "if you can get it on sale" suggestion than a "hey, drop $20 on this old JRPG" suggestion

persona 2 has some archaic mechanics. that doesn't begin to cover the first persona tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tactics ogre

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

If they don't give your entire party mechs this time around I'm going to be so pissed

I think they do http://gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-divine-knight-battles

speaking of cold steel, d'you think you'll be able to transfer your save from the vita version to the ps4 one? I'd rebuy the game on ps4 to play a ng+ file

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Cold steel 3 isn't coming out on vita

yes I know, I'm talking about the ps4 version of the first game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

They haven't said anything about save importing yet

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think they do http://gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-divine-knight-battles

speaking of cold steel, d'you think you'll be able to transfer your save from the vita version to the ps4 one? I'd rebuy the game on ps4 to play a ng+ file

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't know much about the gameplay but I do know that people really hate the story and what it did to the main character of the previous games

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kikkoman posted:

Xcom on vita is so painful. I love the game but technically it's not there. Slowdowns and freezes happen constantly, parts of the UI like health bars and movement radiuses will just disappear sometimes, buildings with multiple floors are more trouble than they should be since because the controls are so finnicky...

I know the pc & console versions were buggy at some point. Is the experience similar across the board?

the vita version, much like borderlands before it, cannot possibly compare to how the game performs on an actual console, let alone pc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

:gas:

Let the Vita die how it lived, coveted in anime boobs

average vita game

average vita owner

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

so is atlus' business model just updated remakes with a new girl added in now

well they've been doing it since 2006

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the vita means life

weird how vita thread means the opposite

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Midjack posted:

All we survived and a loving Catherine sequel is going to get the thread locked.

never forget the last vita thread

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd much prefer playing that kind of game on a handheld than a pc if I have the choice

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

*hand grasping a Vita bursts out of grave soil*

Looks like every gets to keep importing physical SEA Vita releases.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sony just doesn't like non proprietary payment options sometimes. their store cards always work but there are times where anything else just won't

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

I only romanced the teacher, journalist, and doctor in Persona 5 via PS4 Remote Play on my Vita, so I can confirm I am the only pure poster in this thread

you chose all of the illegal options

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oof that would seriously suck. wasn't it nisa that botched the ys 8 translation?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked the xseed localizations tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you lose a lot of qol improvements going back to 3 after 4. p3p does bring some over at least

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we've done it gang

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought it was because of canada

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ignis posted:

I think USA teaches people that NA is just USA and Canada though?

it doesn't. or at least that's not my experience