Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I still can't believe people tried fighting so hard for Type 0. I guess the unknown can be pretty attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"we will do the thing you want if you send a bunch of pissy tweets"-a pr person who is already fired
"We won't do the thing but here's an excuse for you to do free viral marketing for us".

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The idea is they should also fix it.

In Training posted:

I am surprised at how many people posted this sentiment seriously as I have been digging around for translated info on Exist Archive before it shows up
It's a lazy retort used to justify business decisions without having to look like you're sucking up to a company since no one actually cares if a decision is good/bad on a corporate level.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
In a surprising twist KT then suddenly announce Atelier Shallie + for PS4 and Steam.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Millium is good. She pisses off Jusis.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's an interview about Trillion (which is coming out next week), although it's mostly about marketing and localization. This here details what the starting gameplay's like.

Is anyone here playing Aegis of Earth? It's not too bad so far, just starting off with it.

EDIT: A great tragedy just happened. It appears Pier Solar has been cancelled. Oh how we're missing out on the best RPG in decades!

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 22, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

The worst is Yuri Lowenthal because he does additional voices in every video game ever made + only has one voice (or maybe it's a thing where directors are always telling him to do the same voice)

I've been playing a lot of the new Hitman where like 30% of the male NPCs are voiced by him and I dunno what they were thinking
Could be worse, it could have been a new Fallout game.

I felt really bad in Tomb Raider reboot cause half the random mooks were Liam O' Brian and I don't know wanna kill them all of a sudden. Especially when they start having weird conversations about how much they miss bacon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like to assume every element of RAD was pre-planned and intentional. Also why does everyone pick the guy in the suit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmeQ0Ya4G8
Urrrrrrr
Keeeyaaaaaa.

Man I wish they still made these games.

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 26, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Since Dogi's being added to Ys 8

Man is this true now. They really prettied him up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i wonder how long it will be before those kind of references just turn into ads.
Was the Tokyo Xanadu fake ad for Magical Girl Alisa mentioned here?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Stanos posted:

I don't think Trillion is my thing. The story's good and the characters are nice but I don't like the fighting at all. I get that it's a multi-playthrough game and you're supposed to suck at first but even knowing the patterns I just feel helpless. At least with Kenka Bancho I could chug gatorade and beat people I wasn't supposed to but here it's just 'whoops you couldn't tell which of these constant markings were the one that one shot you' without constantly checking the log.

I like the concept, it just needs some polish and some more...action? Or less action, either way.

nftyw posted:

Sounds like Permadeath Monster Hunter to me.
More like Permadeath Mystery Dungeon except there's only one randomized stage you go to every now and then and you otherwise have to wear down a boss with multiple forms for the rest of the game. With the game mostly handling like VN/Long Live the Queen otherwise I can see why it'd be unappealing to most. You gotta like menus.
I see positive reception to the story everywhere though, which is honestly the last thing I expected. I figured the reaction would be more like the usual "Ugh".

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 31, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
drat, that sounds like it really sucks. Maybe you can tweet that at IFI or email them for a solution? Or at worst ask for a trade-in if you got it locally?

Stanos posted:

I'm perfectly fine with menu-driven gameplay and honestly if I could just AI battle trillion or have it fought off screen I'd be okay with it if it was presented nicely or something. The actual fighting is just plain bad and getting to trillion's second form wasn't a 'cool, I did it! I'm getting somewhere!' feeling like you'd want from the player, I was relieved to be able to leave and do something else.

Like I would spend 10 bucks on a power-up to make fighting trivial or to give me a spirit bomb or some poo poo since I'm in this odd situation where I want to do the VN/story part but don't want anything to do with the actual gameplay. That's not a ringing endorsement.
A friend also had a similar impression and I see where you're coming from. It's pretty clunky. But personally I kinda enjoyed darting around the arena and figuring out what to do. Maybe it's just me.
Sorry it turned out to be a bad experience though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I guess we truly were the greatest joke...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

How's that new aegis game play? Is it basically tower defense?
Yep. There's multiple maps/cities. You get your building phase, where you put up walls, towers and such. You assign crew who provide various types of passive abilities. And then you select a mission to start off.
The gameplay's pretty interesting. Your towers are placed within several concentric circles and fire off automatically, but they all have various ranges (some are straight, some are more conical, some are far and some are close...). The way you defend is by rotating the circles the towers are placed in to orient them towards enemies. So you can place some walls on the outermost circle and rotate that to face enemy attacks, while rotating inner circles towards the enemies as they get closer.
There's also a superweapon gauge that slowly charges up as you play. I don't know if there's more but right now the one I'm using switches you to an FPS mode with a really strong gun.
There's a lot of micromanaging between missions of various upgrade resources, energy, residents, happiness, etc...

This video does a good job of demonstrating everything. I love tower defense so I thought it was well worth $30 but some might want to wait for a sale. I don't know how long/how much content the game has to offer either.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Blanc does... not improve on U's formula much, sorry. They did redid the combo systems which is nice and all but they made the levels even shorter and enemies, outside of variety, don't behave that that different.
The multiplayer mode can get fun with 4 players fighting against a bigger more aggressive boss but it'll either die out quickly or get boring. Surprisingly stable international servers though.

Motto posted:

Is Famitsu an unreliable journalist?
For some reason Dengeki's the tabloid reporter and Famitsu's the respected senior reporter.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also Dreamcast's theme seems to be a ripoff of the Sonic 06 theme?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad they're localizing Dreamcast's collar to blue for Europe. Nice little detail.

Why did Sega do that anyway, does Europe hate orange?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh you guys discovered Vita Lounge!
Behold the top 40 Vita games:
http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142e75eddf1a7ff

Cold Steel isn't there cause they think it's bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Szurumbur posted:

Why would Vert use a rapier, this isn't canon.
This is set in the in-game MMO so that's clearly her player avatar, xXGreenHeart360Xx

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The fact Vert is so unpopular still confuses me.
At least she's getting a bone now.
An XBONE!

EDIT: What the gently caress lowtax, your word filter ruined my pun! You monster!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

I don't know what's more surprising: that this is heading West (and so fast, even) or that NISA PR people can just swing by casually and write on the PS blog.
I think Sony are letting anyone promote their games there now because I swear I saw IFI PR on it too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man, there's probably more people now who know about the Kappa emote than they do about the Kappa turtle people, aren't there?

Anyway I don't think there's any other card game on this. Honestly I struggle to think of any that aren't on PC or some Japan only Yugioh thing, god knows what Konami is doing with it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I keep seeing the kid in a horse mask as Emil for some reason.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
One day the Ys world will have cruise ships and oh boy does that spell bad news for everyone else.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

It has pretty easily the worst localization I've seen. The words they use certainly make correct sentences but it utterly fails to convey meaning. Currently having a lovers(?) quarrel and it took me awhile to figure out why and then came the dawning realization that it was an insanely stupid reason to be fighting.
I don't know what KT do to be so bad. Ever since Ayesha something's gone wrong in almost every release.

RanKizama posted:

Only the fighting and volleyball games I think.

Other people also bought other tiddy games.
You faked this didn't you, where are all the NBA and FIFA recommendations?
That's all I ever get anyway. Did they fix their system?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't recall which one it was, but there was a Cave shmup that had a character localized to speak with an extreme French accent ("Zee spoke like zees, sacre bleu") and it was great. Then it was rereleased and they toned it down.

In Training posted:

I usually keep it middle of the fridge
Jeez at least put it in the freezer.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
June is rapidly becoming oversaturated. If you have any interest in buying stuff I suggest starting to save money right now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

Let's have a recap on what games are coming out in June because god drat.
Here.

05/31
One Piece: Burning Blood

06/07
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

06/21
Grand Kingdom

06/28
Zero Time Dilemma
God Eater Resurrection

Ridiculous isn't it?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
GE is digital only except for the second game in Europe by the way (that's in August).
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/723540988451381249

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Where is the dude who imports games which causes them to get localized? And who got recently burned by Exist Archive?
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/724622598261354496

Apparently this guy is trusted enough that I see websites citing him so uh, there you go!

iastudent posted:

First time ordering from NISA. They don't kid around with the packaging. :stare:

That's a sweet box, yeah.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Seems like they just pulled it off PSN.

13/f/cali posted:

If you didn't like Neptunia U you probably won't like this. They definitely improved it but it isn't mindblowing in the sense that Nep VII is a big improvement over Victory.
See if you can score anyone on the multiplayer, I hear that mode handles entirely differently.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/724981841128644609 Pretty much this, the perma death mechanics can be pretty rough. And you kinda have to grind some spots for equipment.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 26, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly can't think of anything in Hearts R that would phase a person who had played a Senran Kagura game
"I have a dumb gimmick
Rhyming lovely poems
And referring to myself in the third person
While insinuating that I'm hitting on this dude's emotionless sister"
By Kor

It's not too bad but it I'm guessing SK doesn't have dudes so that could be why it comes off weird.

Also the "Using Item" gauge really annoys me because what it refers to is item cooldown. And apparently this was changed from the original which just said "Item". Who even thought of that?

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 27, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Megalixir posted:

Love how RPG Site straight up steals Yoko Tarou's personal images.
They link the source in a reply below, but maybe retweeting would have been a better choice.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Rose and the castle of Twilight seems to be neat. It's pretty slow all around but it looks better than Firefly Diary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnJ1qdeJeE

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't worry, they're far too busy pinning the blame for murders on Dark Souls because of how DARK it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIIc4rpcbU

I believe they also blamed it for school shootings and racism.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Try it out, I thought it's fun(so far) tactical RPG. Looks good too, don't get why people in the PS4 thread kept comparing it to mobile games. Must be playing some really fancy mobile games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
In the credits of RB1 she makes a joke akin to "Don't drop the console since you're holding me right now".
They kept this line for the Steam port though which makes things awkward.

Also she kinda sorta has a death scene in VII except not really which might as well be what's happening with the Vita.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can't believe Cold Steel 2 is only 4 months away. It's sandwiched nicely between big releases, hopefully P5 won't throw things off course.
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/727991793166376961
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/727990696397791232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So like, where do you even get those 10 inch futomakis, I've never seen them served like that.