Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Tried the Dragon Quest Builders demo and I have to say, I love that you start the game in your tomb :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

This not-Minecraft is actually cute. The only thing I don't like is that the ocean is a bottomless pit, so no swimming to other islands/continents/something. Maybe if I build a makeshift bridge?

For the record, you can only craft items if you know the recipe, same with the building patterns, and you get them from NPCs.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

zenintrude posted:

What's the best Mystery Dungeon-esque game for Vita? I feel like SoA is never going to give me Chocobo's Dungeon 2 or Torneko: The Last Hope in the shop.
There's also Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus but only in Japan. Maybe NISA or Atlus will localize it someday?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Oh right I forgot about God Eater, when is that coming out?
They only said it's a Summer release and I'm not sure if they're going to release them at the same time.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Is the Japanese PSN in maintenance or something? I can't (re)activate my account because it keeps displaying the "Please wait" message. :(

Edit: Turns out I just had to rebuild the database. I feel like an idiot.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 29, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dehry posted:

The latest firmware locks you out of the store if you factory restore. Usually this is performed by people wanting to use DLC on import games.
Well poo poo, no wonder I had troubles to access the store and trying to activate my system.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

The cast is the best part in a Tales of.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Jade is cool.
Anise is cool.
Guy is cool.
Asch is cool.
Natalia is cool.
I don't like Anise but Tokunaga is the coolest party member, and by extension, Anise is also cool.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

So, Namco Europe is/was doing a livestream about upcoming games, and they showed a video with the producer and director of God Eater. They are happy that it's released worldwide and that they can talk about things that Japanese players don't know alongside exclusive content.

That last bit is what got me in the stream, and I can't wait to hear more about it.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

vita performance is fine, there's a bit of fps dropping on the super big attacks but perhaps the same could be said of all vita games
There's also small fps drops when you have 3 big digimon in crowded/background-busy areas but it's not that bad.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

So for how long will the launch DLC be available to everyone?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Well then, time to get the bundle while I can. Thanks.

Also, Grand Kingdom will launch on June 21th.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/694943874813300737

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Looper posted:

wooooah i thought this got canceled, neat!
The one that got cancelled was Grand Knights History (PSP). Grand Kingdom is a different game but in the same/similar style.

e:f,b

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Eh, they're reporting straight from the horse's mouth so it's not so bad.

I wonder why it affected some Vitas and not others - mine was fine, and they seem to suggest in their request for contact that it isn't something they can easily figure out who will and won't be affected.
I guess the network issue was with the accounts and not the Vita itself? I had troubles connecting to the PS Store using my japanese account but I had no problems with my north american one.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Wow. A simultaneous release on the PSP was still a thing until two years ago, but I haven't seen any since. It may be the last PSP retail game.
I'm more surprised about it being a literal Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

But yeah, Otome games are still being released on the PSP.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

"God Eater 5th Anniversary Best Selection" soundtrack was released last week.

The first print editions will include a download code for Ren, Another Character version. (Only for God Eater Resurrection, btw)

Not sure how many are available, and not sure how many people here has God Eater Resurrection to use that goddamn download code)

Some screenshots I took of Ren Another version:

This Ren dies waaay too much and that innate Hate(Aggro) Lv +10 skill doesn't help at all.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Just finally finished Cold Steel, good lord Falcom sure as hell knows how to do an ending because I'm now dying to know just where the story goes after everything went wrong all at once. Gonna suck to wait like an entire year or so for the sequel! A quick question thoug: what's Nightmare difficulty like? Right now im thinking of either starting Cyber Sleuth or speed running Cold Steel on NG+ Nightmare to get the trophies I missed the first time around (I.e. School dance garbage) and get my platinum, but if it's going to be like a fifty hour slog even with the fast forward on I'll just go be a digi-tamer.

Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the champions!
According to a friend, it's actually "easy" since you can transfer all your stuff and levels.

Then again, he's the one who convinced me to start Tokyo Xanadu on Nightmare and I really regretted it. I actually enjoyed the challenge but some bosses were HELL no thanks to their massive HP.

e:f,b

Slur posted:

I heard it's a Bandai Namco game with a Bandai Namco translation with a Bandai Namco sensibility of game design.

Thus, it can never be good.
:frogout:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, the AI is way too good in Kiwami. They will keep the oni in lockdown for an eternity while destroying every single part.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Uppers demo is now available alongside a free theme.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh hey. Got any impressions?
It's a very fun brawler and it does feel faster when you're playing it, punching enemies through concrete walls will never get boring. It's a Kenka Bancho but without the open-world (open-Japan?).

Sadly the demo is just the first two missions and you can only use the main characters, I wanted to play as Nicole :(.

Edit:

Stanos posted:

I probably won't import it but if it gets translated I'd probably buy it since it seems like one of those 'turn your brain off and enjoy the ride' type things that I enjoy once in a while.
Agreed

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 17, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Returning a bit to Uppers' chat. See guys, this how you loving design a masked wrestler

:black101:
Did they redesigned Tizoc or something?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, that's Tizoc in KOFXIV. Or rather that's The Dinosaur King, he did a heel turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtzuUWN9zg
Holy. poo poo. I need a PS4.

Now, when will they announce Ramón? He's the only one left from Team México :black101:.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Are we still talking about boat girls? Because I like Kongou, she's cute.

Source

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

So, about Kancolle Kai.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186571

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I wasn't complaining :v:.

imo, more games should delete your save file when you lose.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Jive posted:

Couldn't find any Killzone Mercenary matches tonight :saddowns:
That's me with a lot of multiplayer games. I wanted to play Toukiden Kiwami online but couldn't find anything, hell, now I can't even find rooms for God Eater or Puyo Puyo Tetris. :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah yeah anime titties, anyway LOOK AT HOW ADORABLE THE TONBERRY AND TONBERRY KING ARE!

I love how they used the standard Black Mage design as a mirage but :laffo: at Ramuh's middle stage being named "Thunder Guy".

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

When does world come out anyway?
No idea. Both websites (japanese and north american) just says 2016.

Edit: Also, I just noticed the woman in chocobo clothing named Chocolatte, and just like Chocolina, she's voiced by Seiko Ueda.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 25, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Wasn't there some "like monster hunter but with gods and souls and spine-tearing and stuff" on the Vita? might have had God in the name? I can't reliably google from work, I've just got some vague memories to go on
If you mean literal spine-tearing you're thinking of Soul Sacrifice/Soul Sacrifice Delta.

God Eater is another game like Monster Hunter and my personal favorite, but while it does have God in it's name, it doesn't feature spine-tearing or souls.

And speaking of God Eater: http://gematsu.com/2016/02/god-eater-resurrection-story-prologue-animation

Yes, that same 11-minutes OVA from 7(?) years ago makes a return, and they still didn't bother to dub it.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

At the very least SEGA should localize Phantasy Star Nova. Sure, I didn't like it that much because it lacked online mode but it was a fun game.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thanks for both. On the MH-like games, I saw some discussion on SSD like ten pages ago, and it made me wonder, what do each of these do to improve on good old MH4U on the 3DS? I'm basically a sucker for MH4U right now but I'd just as soon play on a larger screen with a proper controller if I can.

(I'd research this myself but I'm at work :()
God Eater differences:

- Your main weapon is a combination of four parts: "Blade", "Gun", "Shield" and a "Control Unit".
- You can switch between Melee combat and Ranged combat by pressing the R button and, depending on the game, by other button combinations).
- Melee combat uses your blade (yes, even the hammers are considered blades in the japanese version) to attack and your shield to defend. Ranged mode let's you shoot the hell out of the Aragami or restore your allies HP by using healing bullets.
- There's no ammunition system. Each bullet has an Oracle Point (OP) cost depending on how powerful they are, you regain OP by attacking the Aragami with melee attacks.
- Speaking of bullets, you can create your own bullets. Some can get costly yet powerful, a few others can be cheap and useful, a lot end up being flat-out useless and the rest is just for show.

I loved the Spirograph when I was a kid, ok? :colbert:

- While in melee mode, you can make your blade "bite" an aragami (literally, your god arc suddenly spawns a jaw). Doing this gives you the Burst state. You deal more damage, take less damage, get special bullets based on that aragami attacks, and some skills can only be active during a Burst.
- There's no armor category. Clothing is entirely cosmetic and it's only purpose is to make cutscenes awkward thanks to your fashion sense. Your defenses are entirely dependent on the shield you have equipped.
- The battlefield is one big arena unlike Monster Hunter which each area is divided in zones. And just like Monster Hunter, the Aragami retreat to another part of the arena to recover HP, luckily they only do that three times in total (at 75% HP, at 50% and 25%) and they always go to a gathering point so you might as well get that item.
- Oh yeah, the "oh crap" moment. Some missions have you fight A LOT of aragami at the same time. Those can get awful if you're not careful. See: Two monkeys and a scorpion, all with large AoE attacks in a narrow path. F.U.N.

Edit: I just noticed how everyone was rolling in that last screenshot. I hate my timing when taking screenshots :(.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Well, good news, God Eater still has a "Summer 2016" for it's release date. So you have time to play other games first.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I have just learned from video that one thing you can do in SSD is sacrifice innocent, possibly hurt/dying cats for power. I can't do that :ohdear:
Don't worry about it, later on you unlock the other factions and one of them is dedicated to saving cats, oh and people but eh, cats are more important.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I was hoping they released a demo (unless I managed to miss it while looking at the PSN store). The game looks good but I don't like AoT so I'll pass on importing it.

NESguerilla posted:

I truly do not get these games or how anyone enjoys them (hunting games) and believe me I've tried. I have played monster hunter Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars. They just feel like other games but with way less to do and big empty areas with excessive hub worlds and menu screens. Honest question. What is the appeal? What does it take to feel invested in one?

I suppose it was pretty obvious Attack on Titan would be one of them, but drat that looks boring.

Hunting games are an acquired taste. Sometimes you don't really like them at the start but suddenly realize that you have over two hundred hours in your save file.

I'm still not sure how that happens. :suicide:

NESguerilla posted:

I guess it's that I like them on paper that bugs me. I like the look of most of them, I like hitting stuff with swords, I like customizing my guy. When I actually play them I feel so bored though. The most I've ever put into one was the most recent MH, which was probably 6 hours. Maybe they hit a point where they feel more engaging, but after I put a few hours in I feel like I should be somewhat invested but I'm just bored.

The most recent one I tried was SSD (which I guess is a little different) and after a few hours I just quit because it was just spam attacks for 3 minutes at this 1-5 monsters, kill them, repeat. I'm sure it gets more challenging but the journey sure wasn't fun. maybe it's just not my genre. Feels like so much busywork.
Yeah, these games take a while to get used to and can be repetitive when trying to farm materials to craft armor or weapons. Most of the fun is playing online with other people, the rest of the fun is just doing solo missions for the challenge (or if a mission requires it to be offline).

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 2, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mx9oSXwZ1U

A small message from both, the producer and director, of the God Eater series. What I'm looking forward is what they mean by exclusive content. New collaborations, maybe?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Not sure how to feel about this. :saddowns:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

edit: what the poo poo there's a character limit on posts
Posts can only hold a certain amount of boobs and I'm sure 75,000 is way beyond that limit.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I never bought a Senran Kagura game and I'll continue that way. Same with Neptunia.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

European friends :woop:

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/god-eater-resurrection-ps-vita
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/god-eater-2-rage-burst-ps-vita

$44, though.

Just a note.

quote:

Survival missions have a stat meter called 'Endurance', representing the number of spawns each member has remaining.
This part is only true in vanilla GE2. Rage Burst and Resurrection has that endurance meter in every single mission, not only survivals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Delusibeta posted:

£30 has been the standard price for a handheld game for decades, though.
It is? I really should pay attention to prices in other countries.