Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ruggington posted:

I don't even care anymore tbh

give me some tips
I would if I wasn't stuck in chapter 21. Who thought that Faceless with Savage Blow was a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Still waiting for a "Haikyuu!" game on the Vita.

Edit: Of course, it would get a beach volleyball mode.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Naoto is the best and I'm still sad that I accidentally dated Yukiko.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

how do you accidentally date anyone in persona 4
Not paying attention to the multiple choice parts during a social link thanks to a big and fat cockroach that was flying towards me.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

ayukawa posted:

It seems that despite what most of my assumptions were, there is to be a sequel to Bullet Girls coming out.
Speaking of Bullet Girls. D3 Publisher did an April's Fools called Bullet Boys. (:nws: I guess?)

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Now I feel bad because I had to lower the difficulty in Tokyo Xanadu, the boss in chapter 5 was awful.

Edit: yay, platforming. :saddowns:

Not pictured, two electric rods that rotate on the opposite direction than the platforms plus my frustration after six minutes trying to jump these things three times (one for a treasure chest, another for a switch that opens the path forward, and a final one just to reach said path) just to fall down in poisonous water that slows you down and makes you heavy.

I prefer the lava lakes with sinking platforms from the past dungeon.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 2, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

And I beat Tokyo Xanadu.

Now to play the epilogue and get the true ending.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

That game good or what
It's a fun game. I suggest that you should wait until Xseed, or someone else, localizes it since there's a lot of text and of course, it still has Trails of Cold Steel system of "speak with every NPC to update their info" and hidden quests. I missed one in chapter 6 because I'm an idiot but it's ok, I'll do it in a New Game Plus. :argh:.

Trying to get an S Rank in each dungeon is surprisingly fun since it turns the entire dungeon in a giant puzzle to get your hit combo up to 200 (or maintain it as long as you can). Nightmare mode is a good challenge until you get to the end-chapter bosses, they can burn in hell for all I care.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

If you don't like anime get the gently caress out of this thread

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

HGH posted:

Oh you guys discovered Vita Lounge!
Behold the top 40 Vita games:
http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142e75eddf1a7ff

Cold Steel isn't there cause they think it's bad.
No Puyo Puyo Tetris, not even in the "best games not here" section. They have poo poo taste.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/722960594148593672

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

And we got a release date for God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2 Rage Burst.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

HGH posted:

Where is the dude who imports games which causes them to get localized? And who got recently burned by Exist Archive?
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/724622598261354496
Thanks In Training! I was about to buy some PSYen cards just to get this game but now I can spend those when Toukiden 2 is released.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Just posting here to say that Severed is fun.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/caligula-over-500-potential-party-members

Goddamit FuRyu, stop making me buy your games no matter how bad they turn out to be. I just can't say no to a game where you can recruit tons of characters that are probably useless because they're not the main characters.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Still wish Namco makes a proper Idolmaster: Side M, and not just a mobile game.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Vita means anime

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of imports, did they give Caligula a release date yet?

Saoshyant posted:

Don't go digital on the Vita, especially for out of region games.
You're not my mom :colbert:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Oh god it looks bad and I'll definitely need to buy it. It's going to be a fun game.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Stanos posted:

Clap Against – Flick the screen
Pull – Drag in a whichever direction
Mash – Pinch out
This is painful.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Not sure if this was posted but theres' a new Caligula gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAbZYvJEEpw

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Just stepping through various parts of it the game runs somewhere between 15 and 25 fps, depending on what's on screen. I don't need 60 fps for an rpg, but dipping that low is nauseating.
I just hope it's only for a few areas and not the entire game.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Toukiden 2 demo is now up in the japanese PStore. Size is 1.6 GB

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I miss physical manuals. I remember writing passwords in the Megaman X manual back when I was a kid, I even draw some doodles, but then I ran out of space after who knows how many runs I did and began writing them in the white box inside. :)

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

Wanted to have a gaming session on the toilet and I stupidly had my Vita slip out of the case and hit the sink and the floor and it cracked and the screen is just a white void now. Hopefully the Memory Card is fine, but I don't even remember the last time I synced my Trophies. R.I.P. Vita, in any case.
Sorry for your loss.

*Flush to pay respects*

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Criminal Girls 2 is coming overseas because there is no Justice in this world. If you want to be on a watch list of some kind, it comes out September with two different special editions.
Why do they keep localizing these things?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

You and DT keep buying them.
But I don't even own a SK game or a game developed by SK producer.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You should own Half-Minute Hero it's actually really good.
Oh right, I forgot about Half-Minute Hero. Yes, I have it, alongside the sequel, on Steam.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Playing Tokyo Xanadu again made me realize a lot of the stuff I missed. How was I supposed to know that you have to make three failed dishes and trade them for the last book I couldn't find. :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Policenaut posted:

IT IS THE YEAR 2016 AND WE ARE GETTING A loving MAIN SERIES SUPER ROBOT WARS GAME IN ENGLISH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

This is amazing but every time I see Nadesico Prince of Darkness, a part of me dies.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Oh yeah falcom announced a upgraded version of Tokyo Xanadu for ps4
That's nice, it also sounds as the version most likely to get localized.

I hope the extra dungeons build up from the New Game+ exclusive dungeons in terms of variety and gimmicks. Those are fun. :unsmigghh:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Still waiting for Darkest Dungeon on the Vita.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Touhou fanbase can't be lovely if they can make 1:1 adaptations of Tom & Jerry shorts using Touhou characters.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of Toho, what's the release date of that Disaster Report game with Godzilla and Ultraman?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yesterday I visited my local retailer just to find they've stopped stocking anything Vita-related, not that they had a lot but still

:rip:
It's sad that the vita is dying here in México, I can't even find 8 GB cards anymore (local retailers).

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Cool. Still going to import it because I love some FuRyu kusoge.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Hack your Vita, and play StepMania on the PSP side.
Speaking of, why isn't there a Pump It Up! game on the Vita?

I know it's not the same as playing in an arcade but still. :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Only took a second to look up.
Yeah, about that, the gamefaqs poster got confused in a few things.

There's no affection system. While this is true for God Eater 2 Rage Burst which has Character Episodes, aka Social Links, Resurrection doesn't feature that. You can get an after mission scene in which your character is seen interacting with one of your NPC allies though!

In both games, each NPC you brought to a mission gains Ability Points which are used to buy skills to customize them.

About the skills. Each weapon/gun/shield has one (or two) default "compound" skill (they're special things that can hold up to four separate skills while occupying a single skill slot). As you upgrade your weapons/gun/shield, those gain new skills and overwrite low-level ones for a higher version automatically, so there's no need to worry about deleting a skill by mistake. You can still overwrite the entire compound skill with a random custom skill but who the hell would do that in Resurrection?

Of note, in Resurrection, the default are the only ones with four skills; the compound ones you get after each mission can only have a max of three skills.

Lastly, a thing that most people tend to forget. In the PSP version you unlocked bullet editor modules as you progressed in the story. Here, you get EVERY SINGLE ONE FROM THE START. Happy customizing!

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I still think it's worth it because of the improvements made in this game plus some of the devouring styles gives you great mobility/evasion options. That, and Rage Burst is released in two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dehry posted:

Don't read that guy's twitter account if you still have a shred of respect for Play-Asia.
Why would anyone think highly of Play-Asia in the first place?