Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

imgay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

imgay

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

(General FYI, I've given up on the non-chill thread and unbookmarked it, so if you've got fitting or other questions, ask them here.)

Sorry you felt the need to exile yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

So for delve stuff, we've been theorycrafting lifs because of their dual armor and shield bonuses to save dumbs who get tackled. Yes theyre worse than a dedicated armor or shield fax, but for some people who have both armor and shield supercaps, or groups who are split having both sets of modules fitted to the ship, and only having to online one or the other while sitting on the keepstar saves 30+ seconds if you have to dock and redock with the nonsense timers :ccp: has foisted on us.

could you show me a fit, I'd like to do cool lif stuff

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

We were thinking something like this:

[Lif, Lif fit]

Damage Control II
Co-Processor II
Power Diagnostic System II

Capital Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Capital Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Capital Shield Booster I
Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier

Capital Remote Shield Booster I
Capital Remote Shield Booster I
Capital Remote Armor Repairer I /OFFLINE
Capital Remote Armor Repairer I /OFFLINE
Capital Remote Capacitor Transmitter I
Triage Module II

Capital Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I
Capital Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I
Capital Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Just online whichever you need before you jump. Only has ~20k local tank, but for small gangs thats more than sufficient. With both reps running and the local tank going full bore you get around 3 minutes of cap, with just 1 rep and your local you're good for close to 10 minutes.

This looks legit. The most I would tweak it would be upgrading the Capboosters to T2 so you can use the cheaper regular 3200s and T2ing the Rigs. Gets you to cap stability (technically) with local tank and one repper running so long as you can keep injecting. Any more improvements and I think you lose cost effectiveness when it comes to fitting it out. Good work dude!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Booley posted:

Good luck with that. It'd be optimal - but it's probably not going to happen. If you were able to sufficiently organize a bunch of phoenixes, you could use them to alpha through a different set of targets from the rest of the dreads - phoenixes have significantly higher alpha than any other dread, and unlike say an arty nag you don't have to worry about tracking.

hey do you want a new avatar so we don't have to look at this weird rear end one you have

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Booley posted:

Sure, but I'm way too lazy to think of one and you might want to look to yourself first if you care so much.

i guess you get to keep your weird avatar then

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Flanders. Could I get some input on the Phoenix I linked and possible improvements?

You might appreciate this raw footage of some PHOENIX BLAPPING. Its old but yeah.

e: first like 5 minutes maybe has to do with blapping a barghest real quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RAF2OCdZl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCueLS8c2g&t=182s

I think we died screaming at some point but yeah enjoy.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 13, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Yep, the economic report numbers do not include any ore mined by the Rorqual superdrones. I wouldn't be surprised if we and the Russians were mining more than the rest of the game combined.

Do you mine more than the PL dudes in TRKN?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

How did you manage to lose to TEST?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

That's not a sufficient explanation, more like a copout but whatever, this is the chill thread so I'll leave it at that.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Well that's what you guys get for stepping up for the Russians. That's their MO: duck and cover till the enemy disappears and retake sov.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Service Charge posted:

TEST+CO2+TRI&Pets+FCON&pets+XIX&Pets+NC.+probably others I forgot. Something something N+1.

That and you can't really help defend ADM 2 systems that the owner has no intention of defending.

so basically the game for the second time stood up to you guys and was like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5p8IXzNdc

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

yo flanders what do you think of faction capitals?

do you think i should get a Molok for my titan?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

Wait for the angel titan. That will almost certainly be the most fun. Or the mordus titan :getin:

i'm getting the angel super and angel titan because i'm an elite angel cartel hitman

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

it's spelled angle

kicked

autocorrect

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

It's ok, zeph seems to have learned via the pavlovian method to stop speaking to us so that will no longer be a problem for you.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Recons V pays off once again. :unsmith:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i love sucking cap in a bhaalgorn, i also like getting 400k ehp with slaves

same

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

The Mordus is a bit of special case, because the unrest in the North has prevented anyone from doing any really dedicated krabbing. Nobody can live in Pure Blind for more than a few months before PanFam gets bored and evicts them for content. They were in relatively ample supply when we lived there; they were in slightly lower supply when MOA lived there; now, they're in short supply with effectively nobody there.

In contrast, Blood Raiders and Angel regions have been consistently occupied by top-tier krabs for a while now.

The thing about Barghs, though, is that there's other options for them. In contrast, the Mach's range bonus is so much better than any other option for large artillery platforms; you'd want to use them over Maelstroms even if they were more expensive than they are today.

e: Just in case the logic's not clear -- if a doctrine is expensive, but capable of consistently winning fights, it can be cheaper in the long run than a doctrine that's cheap but occasionally loses (or has pyrrhic victories).

This was a major selling point for the old rail Tengu fleets; they were stupid expensive, at 500-600M per hull. But, you had 300K EHP per hull and you could reach out to 225km with Spike, so it almost never loving died. At most, you lost a small handful of them as you retreated, or you fought to a stalemate until one side got bored and left.

e2: VVV What Locke said. Machs are 325M at Jita these days, and Bhaals are 245M. The latter is actually getting cheaper than some T1 BS hulls these days.

:goonsay: and pretty inaccurate in regards to the 1st paragraph. I'm sure if you guys settled in NPC pure blind mordu's legion ship prices would drop dramatically and you could live there in relative peace. Relative being the operative word here: your Down syndrome having coalition members would be murdered but that's good for any ecosystem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

lucifirius posted:

So some goons under the leadership of Boat were camping a few systems in Deklein owned by ChaosTheory. They only killed a few hundred mil worth of stuff, meanwhile, we killed 2 blops, a stratios, a handful of bombers, and a rorq they tried to help evac.

They apparently left a few days ago, so well played boat, well played.

That's an interesting slice of life story. Do you have any more?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Thanks pal.

I regret giving my billions and my character away to a goon who quit like a year after me and hasn't passed my character on to someone else. It's been inactive for a few years now. Rip those tens of millions of SP

lol

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

I love those HK scarves.

And I'm rather nervous for the upcoming T3C nerf. With no details, it could either rejuvenate the game ("there's cruiser armor doctrines other than Proteus/Legion?!") or be an unremarkable fart in the wind.

Probably going to be an unremarkable fart in the wind.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Libluini posted:

Or we will wait three more years without anything happening, like last time CCP said T3Cs would be rebalanced "soon".

*fart echoes in the distance*

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Relatedly, should the Machariel be nerfed, or should the Maelstrom be given a Falloff bonus?

fallloff so i can blap rifters from 420km

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

honestly can we release the angel hel please

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

pity reply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

• Locked thread