Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Jazzzzz posted:

Is orbiting a rock or a can really going to reduce tracking enough to make a material difference in the DPS from a Catalyst hugging your rear end (under 2km)

It's mostly the range factor. Most gankers are -10.0, which means faction police will kill them/jam them 3-4 seconds later than CONCORD would arrive if they had shot someone. This means that the longer it takes them to approach you, the less time they have to shoot you, and it's harder to provide an accurate warp-in onto someone that's moving.

If they use an MWD to close that gap really really fast then it's definitely going to be a tracking issue, so it's a win win to be orbiting something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Specifically, the various weapon rigging and armor rigging skills should be considered on par with basic fitting skills when it comes to training. If you're looking for something to train, bringing those up to IV or V is not wasted SP.

it's far more situational, i'd definitely recommend newer players to train each one to maybe three, but I don't have any better than three and I have no issues fitting things.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm sure boney is appreciating the sub 30,000 isk bonus per ship destroyed

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Also one of my alts can fly an Occator, what on earth would one use this thing for?

a properly fit cheap DST can sit on 125k EHP with MJD and MWD/Cloak which means it's effectively unkillable for 99% of gankers in eve.

unless you get caught by the russians who just neut you out with a battleship and kill you with 30 thrashers

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you either JF things outside of highsec or you use an interdiction nullified ship (with sub 2 second align) for small things, preferably a yacht.

You should never ever ever use anything outside of those two things unless you absolutely have to.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

dabigredboat posted:

Yep. The Tengu is a 100mn AB tengu. This one goes super fast (3km/sec before heat) and it can tank 1,200 dps. So I just zoom around kiting poo poo. I had some highsec guys chase me in frigates and poo poo once, didn't end well for them.

hi boat

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why can you fit full rails when they're better at basically everything except alpha

damage type selection is pretty important sometimes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

why don't the missiles blow up in front of the ship, causing double the damage?

or a better question, shouldn't the explosion be traveling at the same speed of the missile which is traveling at the same speed or greater to the target making velocity pointless?

eve is really dumb

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bonewitch posted:

1.8s align time? Because most likely you had a lag spike or something that caused you to bump just over the 2.0s threshold. If you lag just enough to hit 2.01s, you won't actually warp (theoretically; it's be less depending on when the server tick falls) until 3.0s thanks to server ticks

this is wrong

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ullerrm posted:

PSA for people moving caps using a citadel chain: There's an exploit out there that allows someone to give you a PvP timer (or refresh your existing one) while you're tethered on a citadel. It doesn't break the tether, but it does prevent you from safe-logging, giving them the time they need to bump you off the citadel.

I've reproduced it and reported it; until the exploit is fixed, you probably shouldn't use a citadel cyno to move capitals if there's any hostiles in local.

:getin:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

"lets just keep randomly changing mechanics while telling nobody, tell people conflicting information about exploits, and have no clear and concise ruleset people can look to to see if they're accidentally exploiting or not"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also, ask me about receiving warnings for rules i didn't know were there, and getting away with breaking rules consistently because I asked some dumb gm about it and he incorrectly told me it's okay.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah i know how to aggress any super/titan on login or on jump in on a pos and a citadel without an ecm burst, ask me anything.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

quote:

So, CCP, whats up? How many times do we need to discover game breaking bugs mid fight with our expensive assets on the line?
story of my life

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

oops you accidentally activated a module on a ship the developer deemed 'immune', that's a 30 day

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

accidentally aggress a ship logging into a pos or citadel while trying to kill drones or ecm ships? 7 day.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

in the wrong ingame channel at the wrong time? get perma banned along with 6 of your other friends until someone makes a tmc article about it getting himself unbanned because ccp is scared of bad PR

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

nice meltdown?

"hey we're going to give you three warnings for this ONE thing you did, which flags an autoban"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

accidentally have concord appear on the other side of a grid, get a 2 week 'perma', have ccp reimburse you with game time but then edit out the context of the posts of them incorrectly banning you

i'm literally melting down itt

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

"how did you not know about this thing one of our gms who left 3 years ago said in a post on a random subforum no one reads from 2011 about saying not to do this? it's so obvious"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Voyager I posted:

I get your frustrations when dealing with CCP's moderation but lol if you think people accidentally bring an ECM wing to counter sieged dreads.

i'm sorry generally i don't go through and read every single post a dev has made regarding every mechanic so when ECM works against dreads I assume it's working as intended and when I get banned for bullshit like that I just quit the game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Elsa posted:

I had GM correspondence to contribute to the discussion but it was edited? what the gently caress

hosed up if true

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Eminai posted:

Turns out if you spend years trying to get as close to the line without crossing it, sometimes you gently caress up and cross the line.

yeah, especially when the line is someone making a reddit thread and giving CCP bad PR

also, nothing I did was ever close to any line. I always asked before I did something questionable, and they would reply yes, and then eventually no.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

as a person who has never taken part in real pvp, i can still follow what's going on.

maybe it's just because i'm so gosh darn good at eve online.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

Plex being over a bil again is loving depressing. Rip wallet.

thank you skill injectors

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the alliance tournament should give out ships that are really good in the real world but suck rear end in the AT, like covert hics, and cruiser stealthbombers, and jump range increase blops, and jump drive industrials, and a svipul cruiser

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sorry telling you to "Actually go prove the concept" was insulting. My bad.

you can do that without being a poopoo head.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm the least bigoted person in this thread right now. debate me, you will lose.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

learnincurve posted:

So, I played from beta till 2010. I used to do the whole BOB + friends having our arses kicked by goons thing and had enough of having to flee with all my poo poo at 3am. If I re-activate will it be possible for me to chill out and carebear? do a bit of mining, run a few missions? Rat? Is that even a thing now or is it all 0.0?

no, game is bad

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Game was always bad. I sure am looking forward to walking in stations, I bet that was totally worth bugger all game updates for 6 months.

game is worse

imagine all the fun you used to have, but cut it in half while also doubling the annoyance and wasted time

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

learnincurve posted:

What if I like running missions for crap loot which I can refine and make stuff from? I did have the foresight not to give away all my stuff.

if you like terrible gameplay, then yes, this is the game for you.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

would anyone be interested in a several hundred word story about the history and discovery of hyperdunking?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Elsa posted:

I met a kid in class who was the same type of relentless verbal abuse diarrhea I've seen from the likes of Pooki and Syndic and Xel..in class. loud enough that our prof could hear.

Anyone else meet such an edgelord in person? what's the motivation behind this, he says the most crass poo poo he can think of, constantly even called one girl a dumpster slut.

am I in the presence of a true dick master

(confirming: she was more or less a dumpster whore and laughed it off with a squeak "nooooooo"

Then I did some roleplay and said I have a michael jackson glove that I use to protect the screen of my Wacom. Sequins except for the parts that touch the screen.)

please stop stalking me irl

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sunber posted:

I'm 99% sure I've seen some spin that they fight each other since then

that's from your own leadership i am a huge prick

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sunber posted:

I meant from pl people, why would gsf claim that nc and pl aren't anything but an old married couple?

i don't know, why don't you ask them?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

pseudanonymous posted:

It doesn't seem like your strong suit is interacting with humans.

*makes a backseat moderation post*

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Does anyone recognise this guy:

It says we dubbed him a white knight. How weird.

he is a white knight, a really bad one though so ignore his self-important ramblings

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

this, but copy the last frame like 500 more times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://zkillboard.com/character/95729852/

This is what an anti-gankers killboard looks like, minus all the freighter duels :ssh:

• Locked thread