Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
good thread op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i mean that in a completely serious way

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
when are we making goonfleet 2: electric boogaloo and going back to syndicate

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
endie im a bad poster does that mean i can join pl too

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
and megas

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Foehammer007 posted:

I don't know why, I thought I could go vacation mode?? I just removed all of my apis and such when I left.

PL is burning down our house so I can kinda understand it

IMO you should be able to come and go unless you're a goonfucker or something

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I work in a restaurant that serves probably the best grilled cheese I've ever had. It's got a four cheese blend of Gouda, mozza, chedder and provolone (I think), roasted mushrooms in herbs, caramelized onions, and a couple slices of bacon on a super nice French loaf.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gross, mushrooms

literally the worst post I've ever seen you make

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
yeah don't eat canned mushrooms (or canned veggies in general, if you can avoid it)

mushrooms are probably my favourite veg and i used to eat a quart of them raw as a snack when i was a teen

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
you all have the worst taste mushrooms are amazing

ChickenWing posted:

that's a lot of poo poo to put on a grilled cheese. Most of the time I don't even like bacon on mine. I've had mixed amounts of success with blending cheeses.

it sounds like a lot but its fairly small portions of each, so its not overwhelming

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
unironically considering leaving gsf and joining pl just because of this thread's mushroom opinions

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Unfunny Poster posted:

Apply to HABIT.

if i was going to join pl i'd probably apply to israd solely based on the fact that badass mckill was the guy who got me playing in the first place and is the only person in pl i actually know

i don't really want to join israd though

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
im probably gonna join a wh group after the war though. hole duders who is the most active high-level wh group atm, probably hk?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

dragonstalking posted:

Hard Knocks.

The 'N' is silent.

thats what i was expecting

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

pugnax posted:

Here in Ann Arbor there's mac and cheese at Zingerman's with pulled chicken, corn, and green chilies. It is insanely good.

im hoping to visit a friend in ann arbor in the next few months and that sounds amazing, i'll have to make a stop

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Khablam posted:

Gotta have the right mushrooms. I hated mushrooms as a kid because the poo poo my parents gave us was always some variation of 'button mushrooms' that literally bounce.
Your food shouldn't loving bounce.

I then had thin-sliced garlic mushrooms on an English breakfast somewhere and they were amazing. I've never looked back.
Also you can BBQ portabello mushrooms which works much better than you'd imagine.

BBQ portos with stuffed with goat cheese on a nice loaf of bread is the best poo poo

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i just woke up, noon shift supremacy

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
also DaS 3 will be out around the same time i get home gently caress yeah

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Jazzzzz posted:

Save for Dark Souls III or a decent bottle of booze?

DaS 3 is a lot of fun so far, but I'm a sucker for the Souls games. It's also a little buggy because :pcgaming: so you might want to hold off.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

pugnax posted:

regular old cucumber over here

maybe I'll even log into eve tonight

don't

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i got today and tomorrow off and im spending it playing dark souls 3 because im a huge nerd (its really fun)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

same

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Khablam posted:

Don't buy plex when you're new. It's a trap and you'll just be grinding ISK to be able to grind more for free.

Unless you've been gifted a poo poo load of ISK or something.

he has like 1+ billion from the thread

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
don't play dota

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Dadbuck posted:

We have no FCs and Vee refuses to FC for Mittani.

No wonder we are getting assraped on the daily.

please remove yourself from the chill thread if you're not gonna be chill and have a good time, thank you and god bless

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I spent my 2013 newbie time in syndicate with SV and the old boys like garnt and suas and koska

Was v chill imo

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
its okay as a skype replacement because skype is almost hilariously bad

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
girl drinks own and anybody that says they like the taste of alcohol is lying imo

i also love good beer and the occasional spiced rum and coke (kraken best rum forever imo)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Germstore posted:

Some people just don't like that much sugar.

ehh, you can get drinks that aren't full of sugar and also don't taste like straight alcohol but fair enough

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fureil posted:

You. I like you. Try shots of Kraken chased with rootbeer or Dr pepper.

Deadtear, if you get a chance try out an Audios Motherfucker. It's pretty boozy but my wife loves them and says they don't have a super strong alcohol taste.

i hate root beer but dr pepper might be good

i like it mixed with coke personally because im not big on shots

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Yeah you want faction standings at like 5-6 for burners and probably 8-9 for lvl 5s (though koshka would know better than i would). when you decline a mission your faction standings only decline by a little and you can continue to accept missions as long as your faction standings are high enough and your agent standings are above -2

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
nonsciolist or whatever is koshka right

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
hey chill thread i want to start doing industry cause stuff like t2 and t3 production looks like i print money. since we uh, don't exactly have any space atm, i'd be doing it in highsec. does anybody have experience with it and want to tell me what i need isk wise/skills wise to run a decently profitable production chain

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i already know basics like that i would need a pos for t3 production and invention but otherwise i am a tiny baby when it comes to industry

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
It's me sorry globby

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Assuming my understand of server ticks is correct, you need an align time of x + 2ping <= 2.00s to be uncatchable. Tacklers need a lock time of x + 4ping <= 2.00s to be as close as possible to catch you.

Reasoning being: it takes two server requests to warp off (align start, align complete+warp) , and four server requests to catch you (lock start, lock end, tackle start, tackle complete)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Zephyrine posted:

That's what I heard but they got me at 1.8 which has never happened to me since Interceptors were made bubble immune.

1.8s align time? Because most likely you had a lag spike or something that caused you to bump just over the 2.0s threshold. If you lag just enough to hit 2.01s, you won't actually warp (theoretically; it's be less depending on when the server tick falls) until 3.0s thanks to server ticks

terrified of my bathroom fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 27, 2016

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
It's always possible they changed server ticks in the 6 months since I last logged in but who knows

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Of course it would still affect it. The timeline for warping is:

Press warp button->visually start aligning->server is notified of align, and responds with an all clear->server tick happens->align completes->server is notified of align complete->server tick happens->server gives the all clear to warp

If the time it takes for the server and your client to talk is longer than the difference of your align time and the server ticks, it'll push your actual, real world align time over the server tick and make you wait for the next one. Your actual align time is always your client align time + the time it takes for the server roundtrip for the initial align + the server roundtrip for the end of the align and beginning of warp. If this real world align time is over 2s, and the tacklers real world lock time (client lock time + 4x server roundtrips) is less than or equal to 2s, they will tackle you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Zephyrine posted:

I thought the server just went with it as the last command I sent. Unless I did something to interrupt it.

I would be surprised if the server needed confirmation from my client to enter warp after the command was made.

Sort of like how the game has a 1 second delay to stop a module but no delay between cycles if the module is green.

I'm not 100% on if your client needs to notify about completing align, but I do know that the server needs to notify the client when its clear to warp, which still requires at least 1/2 your ping time-wise.

• Locked thread