Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Remember when they said they would leave if the locals asked and then they ignored the locals telling them to gtfo over and over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

clitical hit posted:

"Whoever was shot, was shot three times while their hands were in the air, and they were unarmed." - according to Deb

I heard he had smoked a joint once tho and there was a social media picture of him with his middle finger up so good riddance to another thug.

fake edit: I knew someone would turn up a black lies matter comparison

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Haha. gently caress those assholes.

Those black people who don't care for getting murdered by cops are a bunch of criminals and worse yet whiners but these white people trying to subvert the rule of law because they don't like it are patriots!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

Someone seriously running off of Windows 98?

Come on. You knew it was still out there.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Unshaved Moose posted:

For realz guys

I tried to watch this the other day and ended up listening to shake ya tailfeather like 20x in a row instead.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

wait what why are they calling for air support

They are dumb as poo poo and live in a fantasy world.

Thanks Obama!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Casualty posted:

Lavoy Finnicum aka the guy who was raising a herd of foster kids as a source of welfare revenue

Get the dadgum govmint out of my bidness!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Emanuel Collective posted:

he was getting paid like $40k a pop for every foster kid he hire....err, adopted to work on his ranch, But he was getting paid through charities! Surely the government doesn't give charities money to run foster programs

He's exploiting at risk youth in the Kingdom of I assume Mormon Heaven now.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chinatown posted:

dude thinks this will literally start the revolution race war

Gosh, I wonder what flag they would choose

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

lavoy's got a new tarp too

with a zipper

Oh my!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cowman posted:

use a code name call yourself somethin dumb

Pussy Willow deploying to the AO as soon as my aunt gets off her rear end and gets her truck fixed.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

I'm a level 5 crisis actor multispecced into NWO shill

Solid copy there Venom Snake

Over

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Is that it? No bloodshed other then the moron who double dog dared cops to shoot him and literally forced their hand. Sigh. See you next revolution.

The liberty tree demands blood

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

edit: ^^ delicious

happyhippy posted:

But not mine coz Carole-anne would be mad I'm not home in time to gut the deer and dig another out house.

The best thing about this whole dumb thing is these whiny crackers already consider themselves martyrs so this jackass getting himself killed doesn't actually add up to much.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

what the hell is wrong with some of you people

I do feel bad for the LEO that this unconscionable idiot forced to kill him.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sorry if this is old news

quote:

"I'm asking the federal government to allow the people at the refuge to go home without being prosecuted," Bundy said in a statement read by his lawyer, Mike Arnold, outside court. "To those at the refuge, I love you. Let us take this fight from here. Please stand down. Please stand down. Go home and hug your families."

Man, the loving balls on this guy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm asking the federal government to let me rob banks with impunity if no one is hurt by violence.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lolie posted:

I don't really think it's balls. I think it's a last ditch effort by law enforcement to get people to talk these guys out. One of the III%ers made a similar plea.

The problem is that the guys still at the refuge decided they weren't going to listen to anything from outside, so even if they are aware of these pleas they're going to see them "coerced".

I was hyperfocused on the "I am asking the federal government to" line. That is pretty juicy self absorption after all.

If it is a ploy to to get this all sorted without any more violence then I hope it works.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^^ that is new information to me. Huh. Free to go?

Lolie posted:

Maximum sentence for the charges they're currently facing is 6 years and $1000 fine according to earlier reports on Twitter which cited the legislation.

Does that factor in the conspiracy aspect?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

staberind posted:

what they say and what will happen, are almost an exact parallel to what the idiot ditch diggers say: the opposite.

I did hear they can leave if the they go through a checkpoint. That does sound like the Feds want to roll around and scoop up people at home in Anaconda Montana or Knab Utah or whatever.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

InterFaced posted:

I live in Kanab Utah and I'm afraid to leave the house because of my poo poo eating grin today.

I am sincerely sorry I did not get the name of your town right. Kanab!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

staberind posted:

well, either side shooting the other is win win, not its not technically For cops.
~irony~

Without irony-- no one is actually rooting for the cops

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope everyone would care if a government agency started assassinating civilians.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Can you get rich off a story you live tweeted?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

we cared for awhile but now we've all come to accept the fact that there's nothing we can do about them using drones

No no, US citizens. Come on.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So enemy combatant and not civilian!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Anaconda Montana

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

Anything happened since I went to bed? Or is it still slowly falling apart due to sheer retardation?

Dudes are starting to trickle out I guess? Seems basically over.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lolie posted:

When these guys get felony convictions, does the ban on them owning firearms expire after a set period or is it lifelong?

It doesn't expire but there are circumstances under which rights can be restored.;

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Breitbart isn't touching this story so the cranks supporting this "movement" are too crazy even for most elderly bigots.

VikingSkull posted:

as soon as one of theirs died, though, holy gently caress did they pick up that hands up don't shoot thing and run with it without a trace of irony

Yeah making comparisons to black lives matter and why aren't the libtards furious about this? Because they're racist! Either that or because they actually understand what black lives matter is about.

Lolie posted:

They're the Elliot Rodger of militia groups.

No wonder LaVoy Finicum was pissed off. The gummint tool away his sweet foster care dollars a few days after the stand off started.

He had the nerve to talk like it was some kind of injustice. What a fool.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ammon Bundy says this will be fought in the courts. Does he not realize he will be in federal court standing trial for well documented crimes? What does he think is going to happen? It'll be like Matlock and when he speaks his magic words the government will apologize and give in to his demands.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

how many times have people actually won a federal case? i assumed federal was where they nailed you to a wall

93% conviction rate in 2012 for the DoJ.

We live in a just world so it is good news that they are so efficient.

edit: 96 for the FBI per awij? I have no idea about jurisdictions here.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lord Binky posted:

wow that appeared to show him reaching into his jacket like a retard before being shot

Surely you mean he was on his knees with his hands on his head before being shot 137 times before falling on his face and 213 times after.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cowman posted:

I find it hilarious that these guys are still believing that he had his hands up

He did technically have them up until he didn't and got blasted for it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^^ or maybe they would tell him to get on his face so they could cuff him with little risk

a messed up horse posted:

I saw him reach in, then pull a hand out and point to somebody in the truck. Like he was telling them to stay put. Then he reached in again and got smoked.

I couldn't say he was going for his gun for sure but he was suddenly interested in something he was fumbling for. If it was his asthma inhaler or something I think collapsing might have been a more prudent course of action.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah Im sure the FBI really WANTED to kill this guy. Because that just made this militia situation a whole lot better. Now these rednecks have an idiot tarp martyr to pray to.

I'm not sure it matters if there is a martyr or not. The people who think these guys are patriots don't/can't care about facts.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

So Ammon is pretty much full of poo poo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

At 5:50 he hits a cop too

Is it rooting for the cops if I sincerely hope that guy is OK?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

the driver?

The guy that was just about or actually run down. I assume he was some kind of federal agent part of the roadblock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

During the press conference they said a federal agent was nearly hit. Sounds like the guy managed to jump out of the way.

It looked like maybe he thought they were going to plow in to the roadblock and was trying to get out of the way of that.