Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

ansel autisms posted:

There's lots of obsidian in that area of Oregon (see: glass buttes) and a lot of flint knappers. Worked obsidian is basically garbage, perfect for the memorial

I'm gonna pass through Burns and past the refuge tomorrow. Glad it's not filled with idiots anymore.

Any particular reason why there is a bunch of flint knappers/what they do it for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Goodpancakes posted:

Its a weird hobby a lot of people do. Picked up by armchair historians, archaeologists, and just people collecting stones. If you are good enough you can sell your stuff at fairs.

Ah thanks. I would imagine it drives people doing archaeological work insane though.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I decided for Halloween I'm going as a refuge squatter. Today I went to go buy a huge belt buckle and it was really hard keeping a straight face.

Get a tarp.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

THERES loving VIDEO PROOF OF THIS poo poo COME ON

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

So should I get pepperoni hot pockets or the ham and cheese ones?

Both

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What was their thought process?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

I for one am glad all those brave ranchers will go back to ranching like God intended.

For real though next time this happens its now waaay more likely someone gets shot.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Quorum posted:

:wtf:

What does the government even do from here, the whole idea was to let them let out enough rope to hang themselves with, only it turns out even a slam dunk case can't get past a jury. Appeal only works on points of law, not the facts, and the jury just told the government you can take your liberal elitist "facts" right back to Jew York City where you came from.

Im wondering too, I know the whole "trial by jury of your peers" and not being charged twice thing but what happens if the jury goes "eh gently caress it not guility" Like could I straight up murder a dude infront of a security camera in good light and state my name and everything and still get a not guilty charge if the jury was stupid af?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

idk, are you a dumb loving hick?

If Im white does it help?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

brugroffil posted:

No, and a jury never has to.

There is most likely a good reason for this. What is it?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Ill ask again, why do juries not have to provide a basic critical reasoning of there judgments? Would it be to hard to figure out what is "good" enough?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

what would you do with the reasoning? if it wasn't good throw it out? it sucks that a jury of bundy's peers is this retarded, but a trial by a jury of one's peers precludes someone getting to decide if they made the right choice or had sufficiently good reason

It prevents juries from doing whatever the gently caress they want with the legal system. There should be a low bar of "good reason" that could be reached by showing the analytical skills of a god drat highschooler. You shouldnt be able to just essentially say "well I flipped a coin when all the evidence was shown and hes not guilty/guilty".

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

nm posted:

Nope. However, this jury is stupid so it is very likely one of them will speak. Also juror 11 is probably pissed, so he will likely talk to someone.

Hypothetically is there anything they could say that would cause the ruling to be reversed?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

When is the nevada case happening?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Jury recessed till Monday it seems.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Mormons have a prohibition on alcohol for the same reason that we passed prohibition as a country. Apparently everyone in the 19th/early 20th century was a raging alcoholic.

Yeah, it gets understated how bad it was back then but it was really really bad and in many ways prohibition actually did what it set out to do.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

Glad they realized he was nowhere near deserving of the drug number.

IDK my thought was the Brotherhood might welcome him as a minor celebrity for having done a "great deed" advancing the cause of neonazi filth.

Brotherhood hates the new wave of neonazis from what I understand.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

They're probably too incompetent to handle that kind of criminality.

Partially, but I also think that part of it is they view new wave as seeing it as a game or fad or some type of poo poo. The extreme onlineness of the new wave also likely makes them wary because they dont want another Superman incident and the new wave is rife with poo poo like that.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Should have been 420 years.

Judge gives me a sentencing of 42069 years.

Me:Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

channer: "But...but...the memes...:negative:"

I have no idea if you are quoting it but this basically happend at a rally a while ago where a bunch of milita people cornered and mocked some channer dude with one of the channer flags.

Telsa Cola has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Dec 13, 2018