Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jerry-delemus-arrested-bundy-ranch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
14 more charged for the 2014 Nevada standoff today

quote:

Melvin D. Bundy, 41, of Round Mountain, Nevada
David H. Bundy, 39, of Delta, Utah

Brian D. Cavalier, 44, of Bunkerville

Blaine Cooper, 36, of Humboldt, Arizona

Gerald A. DeLemus, 61, of Rochester, New Hampshire

Eric J. Parker, 32, of Hailey, Idaho

O. Scott Drexler, 44, of Challis, Idaho

Richard R. Lovelien, 52, of Westville, Oklahoma

Steven A. Stewart, 36, of Hailey

Todd C. Engel, 48, of Boundary County, Idaho

Gregory P. Burleson, 52, of Phoenix

Joseph D. O’Shaughnessy, 43, of Cottonwood, Arizona

Micah L. McGuire, 31, of Chandler, Arizona

Jason D. Woods, 30, of Chandler, Arizona

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81cCV1S2vNpNW1YSEl5VjRnbVE/view

Who's Who

Melvin and David Bundy: Bundy sons, obvs, not previously in custody an did not appear to be directly involved in Malheur

Brian Cavalier: Cliven's "bodyguard" during the 2014 standoff, also charged for Malheur standoff, AKA "fluffy unicorn," currently in pre-trial detention in Oregon for Malheur, stolen valor guy: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...redentials.html

Blaine Cooper: also charged for Malheur standoff, currently in pre-trial detention in oregon for Malheur, Arizona border vigilante guy

Gerald DeLemus: involved in Trump campaign, traveled to Oregon for Malheur standoff but has not yet been charged for that, was involved in organizing armed patrols / checkpoints on public roads at Bundy 2014

Eric Parker: the "bridge sniper" guy from Bundy 2014, not charged for malheur as far as i am aware, but was present for the Hammond protest

O. Scott Drexler: another Bundy 2014 Bridge guy, might have gone to Hammond protest in Burns, but unsure of any role in malheur standoff

Steven Stewart: another bridge guy in 2014, associated with Eric Parker but unsure of specific role beyond that

Richard Lovelien: not sure of his exact role, appears to just be some generic dude brandishing a rifle

Todd Engle: not sure, but appears to be associated with Eric Parker's group on the bridge

Gregg Burleson: appears to be a generic dude brandishing a rifle, also makes cool facebook posts: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=577132589049093&id=368813346547686

Joseph O'Shaughnessy: the guy who ran off with the food money and bought booze early on at Malheur, had been approved for pre-trial release a couple weeks agi in Oregon, unsure of role in 2014.

Micah L. McGuire: appears to have been associated with Gregg Burleson and Jason Woods, unsure of specific role

Jason Woods: appears to be associated with Micah McGuire and Gregg Burleson, unsure of specific role

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I really wish I could lie that effortlessly.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
FBI agents under investigation lying about firing at Finicum's truck.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_fbi_lie_uncove.html#incart_maj-story-1

Looked like they fired two shots at the truck as it sped toward the barricade. Pretty dumb thing to lie about (if they did), those were probably justifiable shots.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The sharps are from Kansas right? There is no Victoria sharp on the Kansas EMS registry.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

same

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Looks like I was mistaken. The rounds fired by the FBI agent(s) were not fired when the truck was approaching the barricade. Three rounds were fired at the truck (and hit it, but no occupants) as it approached, but were fired by the OSP. The two rounds in question were apparently fired around the time Finicum got out of the truck, one of which struck the roof and one of which missed completely.

Still not sure why they lied, if they did. Maybe they were negligent discharges (possibly from an automatic weapon, accounting for two shots poorly aimed?), maybe the FBI guys didn't trust that the inquiry was led by the Deschuttes county sheriff instead of the Feds, maybe they were intentionally fired but the FBI agent(s) thought they would be difficult to articulate under the Garner standard. Or maybe there's an explanation I'm not seeing. There is no reason I can think of to hide the shots, it seems very unlikely they would have burned the agent(s) had they been properly disclosed. I can understand the motivation to panic and lie initially, but you'd think by the time you get to the HRT you're smarter than that. This extraneous bullshit will muddy the waters when they really are quite clear.

Also, superseding indictment for Malheur:

http://media.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/other/2016/03/09/SUPERSEDINGINDICT3916.pdf

Gun possession in federal facility (5 years) charges for most everybody already indicted, use of firearms charges during commission of a crime for what appear to primarily leadership and the last holdouts (7 year mandatory minimum on top of other sentence) and theft charges for vehicles, equipment, and destruction of artifacts for a relatively small number of them (10 years max).

Additionally one more defendant has been indicted but name is unknown.

No telling whether this is the only superseding indictment or if others will come.

Includes new charges for several people currently out on bail. Will be interesting to see if any of them don't come forward to face arraignment.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Does the superseding indictment replace all the other ones or just add more charges?

It replaces the original indictment, but it includes he original charge. So functionally it is just additional charges. Count 1 in the superseding indictment is the original charge.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnLGC/status/709834629025374209

Should be interesting

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

quote:

A state trooper later described to investigators seeing two rifle casings in the area where the agents were posted. Detectives tasked with collecting evidence didn't find the casings, police reports indicate.

FBI aerial surveillance video shows that before the detectives could get there, the FBI agents searched the area with flashlights and then huddled, according to law enforcement sources who have seen the video. The group then broke and one agent appeared to bend over twice and pick up something near where the two shots likely were taken, the sources told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/bullet_casings_disappear_from.html#incart_big-photo

Looking worse for the HR guys. If that's what they did, they are super dumb.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://m.soundcloud.com/opb/010916cowsmeeting

Recording of the Fiore and co meeting with the Harney county judge.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I kind of doubt they charge elected representatives (even lol-worthy state legislators) who can be portrayed as advocating policy. But gently caress those people. Extremely dangerous.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Then again, didn't a bunch of Sinn Fein guys go to jail? Maybe there isn't anything wrong with charging the representatives. Fiore was also at Bundy Ranch 2014 for like a week.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
On the topic of loud mouthed pussies:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_figure_arreste.html#incart_big-photo

Not sure if he's the redacted name in the most recent superseding indictment or an additional defendant. He hasn't been charged with the offenses in the Malheur indictment.

Pretty interesting he was in a neighboring county this long after the standoff.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
State legislators are some of the dumbest, most self-important people out there.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
And that legal genius will get to show us all how wrong we are

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/ryan-bundy-lawyer-represent-himself-court-trial/

quote:

“I need to be heard; my voice needs to be heard,” Ryan Bundy responded when asked why he wanted to represent himself.

Bundy told the judge he had observed his brother, Ammon Bundy, had been silenced in other court proceedings when he wanted to speak.

“I need to be able to speak when the time is right,” Ryan Bundy said.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 47(a)(2) provides that a sovereign defendant, upon his unjust conviction in a court of maritime law, is entitled to a bagpipe processional as he is remanded back to custody of the unlawful government.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its law school.

Sincere condolences.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ToniTagliarino/status/711961180382756865

When you find yourself in a hole, keep digging because it's not actually a hole, it's a TRAP for the FEDS!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://chaffetz.house.gov/sites/chaffetz.house.gov/files/BLM%20%26%20Forest%20Service%20law%20bill.pdf

The Utah congressional delegation throwing in with domestic terrorists.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...-investigation/

im shocked

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The legislation I linked to is federal, introduced by utah's four congressional representatives.

It's not against the law to propose terrible bad legislation, they're just assholes for doing it. I didn't mean to imply they're criminals, just assholes.

The only legislators that could potentially face criminal liability over any of those are ones who directly participated in the standoffs, like Fiore camping out at the Bundy ranch for a week in 2014 or Matt Shea acting as their representative at Malheur. Their actions are what they would be charged for, not any legislative thing they did. For what it's worth I think it is really unlikely any elected official gets charged with anything. The boundary between a politician advocating policy and being a participant in a crime is fuzzy, especially when their participation was primarily talking not gunslinging. It would just make an already complex (but overwhelming) case messier than it needs to be.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Shawna Cox, one of the Malheur occupiers currently out on bail, on the Jake Ryan situation:

https://m.facebook.com/shawna.cox.961/posts/948151311959173?pnref=story

Nothing to see here, just a person on bail for one standoff trying to coordinate participants for a new standoff to protect one of her co-conspirators from the first standoff from arrest.

JUST THE GOOD OLE BOYS

DIDNT MEAN NO HARM

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don't thin you can prosecute someone for what they said on the floor of Congress once they leave Congress. That would completely undermine the speech and debate clause; it is intended to give Congress the latitude to do business without fear of reprisal by the branch of government with the guns. Expelling the member would just mean they aren't in Congress any more. For instance, it was not an option for the administration to arrest Mike Gravel the day after he left office for reading the Pentagon Papers into the record.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If you're going to the trouble of smoking loose tobacco why not just smoke a pipe?

I did once for like a month and it was real cool until I remembered smoking is dumb as hell and knocked that poo poo off.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

I have yet to poo poo in a hole in the ground and I hope to never have to

100 yards from water, at least six inches deep, dont let your trowel touch the poop, pack out your TP. Do it it's liberating.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

CommanderApaul posted:

This kind of disingenuous bullshit pisses me off. Server storage is significantly more expensive than just buying a loving external drive from best buy and attaching it to the network. At my previous postion, we had the office manager for one of our doctor's offices request us to increase his departments share quota by 500GB and when he was denied, offered to buy the storage himself. When we quoted him our cost he flipped his poo poo.

On the other side, only have 40TB of global network storage as a federal agency is a travesty, but I am not the least bit surprised based on what I've seen working for the government.

Dealing with federal IT systems gives me a loving headache.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/HGTomato/status/713742876740444160/photo/2

These dumb hicks just can't stop posting pictures of themselves committing crimes, in this case while also publicly planning to commit more crimes.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

Do BLM employees even carry guns? Aren't they basically park rangers?

All federal land management agencies have both armed commissioned law enforcement officers and unarmed staff. In some agencies people with the job title "park ranger" are fully fully commissioned federal law enforcement officers. Other park rangers are unarmed and not law enforcement. Same uniform, different badges, different job responsibilities.

At Bundy Ranch there were both unarmed non law enforcement staff and armed law enforcement Rangers. For instance that video of Ammon Bundy getting tased was law enforcement Rangers. "Park ranger" is a really broad term and can refer to anything from a guy giving an evening program to a SWAT (we call them SETT) officer.

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I mean aren't there like... bears... or something? I've never actually been to the pacific northwest but I assume there's probably some kind of dangerous animal that you'd probably want someone to have a gun to deal with in case the bear spray didn't work and you're staring down an angry mountain lion bear shark or whatever, miles from anyone. Hell I think park rangers have a better argument for carrying guns than patrol cops.

Dept. of Interior employees operating in brown bear country carry Remington 870 shotguns when in the backcountry, whether law enforcement or not. By "carry" I mean they have a shotgun somewhere in the group's equipment.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I believe everything that cat says

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Was "youre wasting your oxygen son" in his dumb book?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Yeah amicus curae are friends of the court, which is just term for someone given leave by the court to file a brief in support of a party or position.

Also lol @ "the several state of California." "The several states" is a common bit of talismanic formalism these people latch onto in their writing, like it's somehow more meaningful than just "the states."

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Anytime someone mentions the "several states" they're using terminology from the articles of confederation.

Why the articles of confederation? There are multiple references to the several states in the constitution, including the commerce and priviliges and immunities clauses (also the one where it says the president is the commander of the militias, but im sure that part doesn't count.)

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have heard that about the sixteenth amendment from the Ron Paul crowd when arguing the income tax is unconsitutional despite having its very own amendment.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I believe the ultimate origin of the focus on admiralty law is that way back in the colonial days, the British actually did what sovcits are saying the modern government is doing. Admiralty courts do not have juries, and by the time the colonies were getting a little antsy, the British started using admiralty jurisdiction to prosecute colonists because it allowed them to avoid jury nullification. If I am not mistaken that is the origin of the reference to deprivation of the right to juries in the list of grievances in the declaration of independence.

Not sure what specific scrap of a statute they cite though.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Marbury v . Madison is a crock, there are no courts, no laws, only the tenth amendment and we the people:

http://arnoldlawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/motion-to-dismiss-medenbach.pdf

The truck thief's motion to reconsider denial of his earlier motion to dismiss for lack of jurisdiction. In a nutshell, Marbury was wrongly decided because the oath the justices took was invalid (HUGE SURPRISE), ergo there is no judicial review.

And of course, he cites to the ninth circuit owning him in the past:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/116/487/611496/

Built a camp and defended it with bombs and a grenade in 1997. This I believe is the "probation for a previous unlawful occupation of federal land" that has been referenced elsewhere. Or maybe this is old and that references a more recent occupation. Who knows.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/reid-bundy-ranch-national-monument

quote:

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) on Thursday renewed his calls to make a national monument out of Gold Butte, the site of the 2014 Bundy Ranch standoff in Nevada where Cliven Bundy had illegally grazed his cattle for decades.

Reid announced on the floor that he plans to ask President Barack Obama to use his authority granted under the Antiquities Act to protect that land. The minority leader argued the protection could come at a fortuitous time, as several members of the Bundy family are jailed for their roles in both the 2014 standoff and the takeover of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge earlier this year in rural Oregon. Family patriarch Cliven Bundy is also being held in Nevada on assault and federal conspiracy charges tracing back to the 2014 standoff near his family's ranch.

"Because of trouble caused by the Bundys and their pals, the federal employees tasked with safely guarding these antiquities were prevented from doing their jobs," Reid said on the floor. "It was about 19 of them that have been indicted. Most of them are still in jail where they belong...[workers] have been under constant physical and mental threat for doing what the American people asked them to do."

The national monument Reid is asking for would stretch roughly 100 miles, beyond the site of the 2014 standoff. The land is currently jointly managed by Clark County and the Bureau of Land Management. Grazing is not legal on the land, and if the land is granted monument status it still won't be legal to graze there.

Reid had introduced legislation in the past to protect Gold Butte, as The Las Vegas Sun chronicled, but it faces long odds in a Republican-controlled Congress. Reid has since turned to asking the President to deem the area a national monument.

owns

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Plan Z posted:

Quote this post to receive your SovCit militia name.

gently caress me daddy

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Dear government:

I have recently come into possession of one of "your" mk 67 submarine launched mines. If you would like it back send me a sum of $200,000 an- *BOOM*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

That lawyer has a public Facebook page and it's great, because one post will be, "Welp, did some work on my tractor today" that maybe 1-2 family members respond to and then it will be, "Latest update on the Ammon case" with shitloads of crazies and a few legit looking lawyers commenting. This is all on the page for his practice, not his personal.

Anyway here's more info on why the lawyer was kicked out. Apparently he promised Ammon that he would go to Nevada and NEVER leave the court room. While he was there he got a call from the court demanding something be filed that day, and he chose to conduct his business over the phone there in the court room. He copies the order at the bottom of the post, hopefully someone with law experience can explain what's going on.

I guess it's great that he's supporting his client. I ain't no fancy city lawyer, but shouldn't your lawyer try to stay in the state where he's allowed to practice and in reach of the court where he's representing you? I figure that's how a lawyer is best able to support you.

That is a stunt, nothing more.