Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wish there was a button to add the mission name. It's in the random pool but seems oddly rare.

Man I was using a lot of the same dudes last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tonight I made an Arizona bot

Taintrunner posted:

How did you get that suit in the last pic?

It's in the base game but you need a mod that opens up the civilian/etc clothes to get it, I am...not actually sure which of my mods is enabling this but there are a few that should do it.

Ravenfood posted:

Which mod is the rifle on far right from?

For that matter, is there a good weapon model mod out there a la Capn Bubs armor?

Gun is from https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132835147 but it's one of the upgraded tiers + has mods on it. This link should also answer your second question.

Exposure posted:

Which mod adds that trenchcoat ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129133766

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Finished the game tonight, here's my last dumb mission posters....for now. Arizonabot was killed...but it's a SPARK so obviously I just rebuilt it. That's Jane Kelly in the grey and orange skeleton getup, by the way.

I'm thinkin about rebuilding my character pool and reshuffling mods and playing through again in about a week or two. Something bugged out on this run and the alien rulers never appeared so that bugs me.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if the Warlock was raised in that special enclosure in the Elder's base.

I like to imagine that's where the first one to get an avatar lives and it just immediately started living like a trashy human slob as soon as it got our DNA.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 22, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

RBA Starblade posted:

I keep thinking Templars have Fortress then getting surprised when they can't run through the acid bomb I used to set up a sick bladestorm multi-kill for them.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138459571

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Or you guys with all the crashes playing without the alternate mod launcher or what? I just finished a campaign with 240+ active mods and got maybe one or two crashes a night maximum, all during battle so the autosave was like a turn ago at most.

Seriously, use it: https://github.com/X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ravenfood posted:

Amazing. I never thought to try using the ally switch ability on the turrets.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130867259 is a real fun mod that lets you just throw turrets wherever you need one but I'm sure it's unbalanced as gently caress. Especially since the turret's turn starts after you throw it, so it's kind of a "get two more shots free" card. But again, it's fun.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Now install the mod that lets you change soldier height so you can make it giant.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Backhand posted:

Those sound interesting, but they also sound like they'd make the game easier. I am always leery of mods changing a game's difficulty simply by making new tactics viable that the devs never took into account.

it's ok to have fun. it's a single player game, also.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So how is it this game has resources for psychic powers, fire, poison, freezing, lightning, etc and I have yet to see like a spellcaster class made? There's a necromancer one based on summoning zombies and stuff but it's still sadly fairly buggy right now.

I could also totally go for electric poo poo in this game. Give me some taser rounds and some gun that shoots lightning :science: :hellyeah:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I killed the Warlock off because he just got so boring. The other two have much more entertaining dialog.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I've installed a shitload of mods but man I still find myself wanting clothing options that just aren't there.

Anyone seen like a karate gi or any kind of extra modern day / business kinda clothing? I keep wanting to make dumb characters in suits and stuff and there's like three torsos I keep using over and over.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

I believe the combination of resistance gear mods and allow full customization mods allows you to get a suit

Yeah there is one. But it's non tintable and it's only one, I lust for more business wear. And skirts. Really just more clothes all the time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There was a mod that added jump boots and punching fists but sadly it hasn't been updated for wotc

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

it's everything in Documents\My Games\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config\ according to -bg-

I still don't get this, all this stuff gets regenerated if it's gone, or what? Does the mod launcher handle that or the game?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

marshmallow creep posted:

Normal behavior is it's all regenerated next time you launch the game, yes.

Neat. Does the mod loader keep any manual changes you've made? It stores the mods separately so I'm guessing maybe?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So like are all the mods hosed now and need updated or how does it work? I was playing around with the character pool post-patch and it seemed to be fine, but I'm sure that's not exactly the same.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

Most mods should be fine, especially since the Highlander was updated. That was the only thing bricking me and I have 100+ mods

Ok good to hear, thanks!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Emong posted:

Hey guess what?

I finally bought the expansion and updated PUNCHBOTS

Tomorrow I think I'll actually play the expansion.

Hell yeah.

Suggestion: Rocket Punches

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Forget a remake, just make it DLC for XCOM 2 :getin:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There are mods like A Better Advent that add new enemies that you will constantly forget how to deal with and get no voice over explaining them to you, though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Man I really want to start a new campaign but I keep waiting for Musashi to update the Jedi mod for WOTC because I'm a huge nerd.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

How about a SWAT style XCOM where you can run up and subdue guys for interrogation instead of chopping them with a machete? That'd be cool if you had to follow some light rules of engagement like the police quest games - like you can't use deadly force until they threaten you or something.

I'd say an Aliens one, but the games tend to be lovely. I guess you could just do an all Chryssalid mod somehow and get by with that.

There was this cool Power Rangers parody game a while back, and something similar to that would be fun, too. Or maybe something anime, like DBZ or something where you are using all those cool cone attacks and stuff? A super hero one kind of like Freedom Force, where you are picking up those cars and throwing them?

Still want Ghostbusters XCOM and Stargate XCOM, drat it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm having a really obnoxious issue that has possible ended my current campain. yes, I am playing with an assload of mods and that's probably how this happened, but it seems like this should be fixable.

I am being hunted by the UFO, and it triggers an avenger defense mission.
First time I did this, I guess one of my map mods bugged out and made it so the distruptor never spawned, and the mission is therefore unwinnable.
So I go OK fine, disable map mods and try loading it up again, now every time I try to launch a new avenger defense I get stuck at a screen like this:

poo poo I have tried:
using console commands to win the mission. using the one that ends the mission makes for a campaign failure since it counts as losing an avenger defense. using the one that is supposed to complete the "defense" objective did nothing?
various combos of map mods activated/not activated
making the UFO down me on other continents (at best this might give me a different stuck image like above)
I went and did a facility mission just to make sure other missions still worked (it did) and then let it catch me again and still got the same issue.
verifying game cache

So yeah I guess my avenger defense missions are hosed somehow, thus loving my entire campaign? Anyone had an issue like this? Anything I can do?

edit: so I let it load up to this screen again and then hit the endbattle xcomwins true thing and uh...somehow that worked this time? It ended the mission and not the campaign, at least? Guess I'll see how it plays out from here.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 17, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'll admit that I want them to literally farm the engine out to franchises because 1) moar games hell yeah and 2) would make porting the assets over to regular XCOM easier too!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Palleon posted:

It's not like either one will hit anyway.

Yeah, so use grenades.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Adequate posted:

What, and call an assload of Lost down?

This means more people at your party, so yes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Richards classes splits em into a tech and medic class and they are both good. Medics get fuckin healing darts that are animated as your medic just shooting a friendly with thier normal gun, which heals them. It's great.

Somehow (probably hack plus) my tech Dr Robotnik has like over 500 hack now and is just insane. Both of those classes learn abilities that let them give more actions to others, so they definitely feel very "support" in a good way.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Firstborn posted:

Looked it up real quick... So they have Assassin, Demo, Gunner, Mage, Marksman, Medic, Raider, Rifleman, Scout, Survivalist, SWAT, and Technician. Seems like a lot. Surely Raider/Scout/SWAT/Survivalist is a lot of overlap of (what I think) is a bunch of shotgun dudes! I kind of want to give it a shot.

I suggest the version with the long war 2 subweapons, since that throws in Arc Blasters. I'm playing with that and the various mods that allow knocking out and kidnapping enemy soldiers (plus MOCX for a good reason to do it). My SWAT units are pretty much specialized for capturing MOCX, it's fun, when it works (I don't think I fully understand the knockout/fulton mechanics yet). They have a bunch of stun options which is also useful for just removing troublesome enemies from the field for a few turns.

Early on I encountered a MOCX unit with Proto Man (from my character pool, I believe MOCX can pull anyone listed as a potential Dark VIP), wiped his squad and knocked him out and fulton'd him. He joined up with XCOM and has been a badass unit ever since. Hell yeah emergent narrative. Kinda makes me want to make a whole pool of Dark VIP villains just for this purpose.

Hilariously, MOCX also generates anti-XCOM propaganda posters memorializing the MOCX squads you kill, and they made one for Proto Man even though I captured him.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

VolticSurge posted:

Sounds like it's time to re-install. Now if only some Goon would make a Coolguy voicepack. Mostly because hearing my soldiers go "GODDAMMIT" everytime they miss would be the perfect XCOM experience.

There is a Tourettes Guy voice fyi

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I feel like I at some point did hear of a mod ages ago that could do some kind of "battle simulation" that like averaged health vs damage and etc and skipped missions but I could be mis-remembering.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Warlock is the most boring baby bitch and I kinda hate him. On my current run I happened to end up killing him last and he didn't even get scared or anything that he was the only one left, it sucked. Kill him first. The other two at least say interesting stuff sometimes. poo poo, I'd recruit the hunter if I could.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Use the alternate mod launcher if you're not, also.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Loel posted:

Which is that? I'm having some crash problems myself :v:

My basic Skirmisher mission crashes after the shuttle ride starting it, so I skipped that.
If I wait it does a Chosen assault on the base, but just loads a black screen. And if I try to do a different mission, my Forge assault crashes on the shuttle ride back.

Verified the game, deleted Config and verified, restarted computer, checked video card updates, no success :v: I'd rather not restart the campaign since Im near the end this time.

https://github.com/X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher/releases/tag/v1.2.1

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 7, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
In my current game I have metal over flesh and spark classes enabled. I also have the loot mod.

One of my sparks is equipped with a BIT that gives them three usages of "superior overclock" which basically just gives them like three more moves instantly. It's also got the ability to take free shots at anything that comes near it. So a lot of enemy groups I just move that one up, hit it with a heavy weapon, move closer, spend remaining actions on extra shots, then murder them all next turn with reaction fire. :pcgaming:

also the heavy weapon is usually The Frightenator which basically sends nearly all biological enemies in panic so they'll all waste a turn / shoot at each other too!

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 7, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the series of mods that interact for capturing enemy units are great. Install MOCX and make a character pool full of villains set as dark vip and attempt to capture ones you like. Or just grab randos.

Only thing that sucks is Richard's classes SWAT dudes have a stun thrower that doesn't count as legal stuns for Fulton purposes. Technician's gremlin stun works though.

Using all those also adds a later where MOCX has the default classes you can't get without reneabling via ini so you can treat MOCX encounters like "hmm I don't have a vanilla ranger yet..."

edit: sounds like LW2 Secondaries updated and maybe fixed this stun issue for arc throwers!

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 26, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
As long as you use the Alternative Mod Launcher you can go pretty hog wild with mods. I just recentely finished up a game with like 350+ mods going. Load times may suffer, but they seem to do that as campaign length drags on anyway.

edit: here's a quick export of stuff I was playing with. Not everything worked 100% or completely bug free but it was a good time and successfully finished the game. https://pastebin.com/34Wanvvu

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 26, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dallan Invictus posted:

I think Exposure/RealityMachina ported them over for his MOCX Initiative mod for WOTC, but there's no sign of any standalone coilgun mod compatible with WOTC. I won my current game before the dark event that enables MOCX Coilguns fired, so I'm not sure if XCOM gets to recover and use them there.

You can indeed recover coilguns from MOCX units sometimes, it's the only way my last game had them. Neat guns.

There is a cosmetic lasers mods but it kinda stopped working for me at some point so ??

Someone needs to remake Xskin, that mod ruled.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Anyone have any good WOTC mod collections? I keep bethesda modding this into CTDing. There's just so many mods. I need them all.

use the alternate mod launcher and make sure your mods are WOTC versions and you should have very few major issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
They are varied and good but as someone who hasn't played much JA I wish they were together on the list and maybe described generically like you just did. It's a whole shitload of voices though!