Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

your friend a dog posted:

Is Quasus actually good if you're under plat? Every time I've played it I've become an unstoppable split pusher that promptly becomes ganked by three people while my team mills around mid lane doing nothing while you're drawing all the pressure top.

if you do split pushing especially in lower elos you need to have good wards up and be constantly checking the map to see who's missing. knowing when to abort and force people to address your pressure without even having to fight is really important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

what if that mirage blade item from the bilgewater event was brought over with a ranged restriction, would that be too good, not enough? in addition to the passive/active giving you an extra mini-flash backwards it had a pretty unique stat spread, i can't think of other items with both lifesteal and crit

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

wolverwick

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

shaken not stirred shaken not stirred shakin oz tird shake an rear end turd

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

singed420 is pretty well known as the Bad Singed Main You Shouldn't Replicate. he's the sort who plays to get as many highlights of people chasing him as possible regardless of what his team is doing.

proxy is a good strat that can be useful for flash farming while avoiding confrontations but

1) double proxying should only be used when your midlaner is occupied elsewhere on the map or if they can't safely farm anyways because a bunch of enemies are mid trying to push and your team can't fight them. pre-emptively killing the reinforcement wave makes it really hard for them to keep pushing if the wave they have dies.

2) the "new" lane build of stacking dark seals actually makes his laning phase pretty good, so trying to annoy and contest the toplaner's farm instead is sometimes more valuable

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

new blood scent lookin op

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I believe the important questions about Warwick are being left unanswered, such as, "does Warwick awoo"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I am glad that Warwick has been allowed to Awoo

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

warwick's looking like he'll become pretty good while still being somewhat straightforward, might be worth picking up when the update goes live

gonna be weird that warwick will be able to do level 3 ganks

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hog fat posted:

potentially stupid/recurrent question: at what point in Darius' W can I Q to cancel? can I just spam Q immediately after pressing W to hit it?

it's identical to timing any autoattack cancel afaik

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure there was a point where Poppy could slowly charge baron into the fountain

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think they did a pretty good job and he feels noticeably Warwick while being vastly improved

the ult not being point-and-click anymore isn't too much of a loss given he can now do maphack ult leaps with the active of blood scent

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Surfer singed y/n

on surfer i anecdotally notice way more salt so if you're a fan of sodium it might be a good choice

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

weird thing about skarner is that he's fully functional and plenty strong just incredibly loving boring

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

marksmen marksmen still makes me laugh it's just so good

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

part of what makes morgana strong is that she's so good at setting up the jungler. doesn't really matter if you've bought MR when you get hit by root and all of a sudden a rengar rips your face off.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

When I did bots for FWotDs I liked to play Singed, you can just run away from their deathballs and they'll chase you long enough to get so low you can turn and ace them while they're retreating and barely fighting back at all.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think it's more that for every champion that's that gritty type there's an incredibly awkward off-putting one that makes really bad jokes.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

god power keeps my pimp hand strong

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Eh, debatable. You should test the limits of how aggressive you can be with any champ in any matchup. Singed is actually pretty good at trading if you actually don't run away and proxy lanes, Nasus too.

In most cases if you go even you better hope you're better a teamfighter or duelist or something because you should want to keep your laner dumpstered and not able to gently caress up the game because you let him farm (Nasus, Irelia, Tryndamere, Singed, Vayne, etc etc etc)

I play Singed a lot and one of the things that improved my performance was making the choice to gank mid while the wave I pushed crashes into their tower instead of proxying. Even if you can't kill your own laner he's really good at diving and flinging the enemy mid into his team with all the movespeed and free armor he gets from ulting.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

He's good in lane for sure, if you manipulate the wave to your side of the river you can force an all-in with ghost as early as level 2. Even InvertedComposer way, way back was an advocate for making really aggressive plays against champions that are traditionally considered counters i.e. Teemo.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

If you aren't fighting a bunch of hypertanks silver bolts actually accounts for...around less than a quarter of her damage i think? Something like that

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think it's barking up the wrong tree to blame Riot specifically when it's mostly just the players wanting to streamline the process of getting into their game by choosing to adhere to a generically optimal strategy.

Yeah they've solidified a 1-1-2-1 setup with the way queuing into draft works now but I don't think they would have if players weren't hell-bent on playing it that way.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i feel old remembering skarner used to have sustain built into his E and it was just enough that he'd be occasionally run toplane and work

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I just bought Kled. Is the secret to just go balls to the wall all day every day?

He does short trades pretty well too. Once you decide to all-in though you usually want to exceed your opponent's commitment and force their hand as early in the fight as possible. The less they have to throw on you while dismounted the better.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

having 0 turnrate feels a hell of a lot nicer but it's also right that it makes kiting more influential and increases the effectiveness gap between ranged and melee carries

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Firebert posted:

How? I just opened up practice mode and I was able to fully clear the jungle from level one with refillable without problems, felt pretty good honestly. Start raptors, save smite for red, it's really a easy clear.

Yeah I took my autoattack jungler runes and started W and it was really easy to clear raptors->red->wolves->blue->gromp->scuttle and end up with about 90% health. Maybe skip krugs if you aren't until the 2nd clear, I haven't tried them but that they continually spawn smaller dudes when your level 1 W is on a 9s cooldown might make that camp more trouble than it's worth on the first clear.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

If people are dancing around the lane use the opportunity to establish vision control to one of their sides. It's free real estate.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

dont kinkshame

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Also his auto attack is one of the worst in the game

it's still really bad but it used to be so much worse

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

I have never seen a mid Zilean use their revive

Why is it that every single mid Zilean I play with refuses to use the single ability that they need to use in order to do anything of value

They just sit there and don't use their literal coolest and most useful and important ULTIMATE ability~

depends, sometimes they're bad, sometimes they don't want to waste an ult on someone who got picked and is just gonna get burst down again. my favorite is when it's both and they'll only waste it on themselves.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

imagine wukong and how annoying he would be if he didn't need to build damage/pen to accomplish anything

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kayn and his Darkin Weapon, Scythey McSyctheface

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i like Morg but not because she's good, because she's really hard to mess up with. she's bulky for a mage, has a slow trickle of health return with her passive, and can fire and forget pool to farm in safety. she's hard to push out of lane, hard to gank, and hard to dive. as my teammates die around the map as i drag my dress slowly down the river i can reassure myself it was all their fault because i have none of the deaths.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Rygar201 posted:

Disjointing abilities with his E seems like Fizz 101 tho

it's not the execution so much as the awareness surrounding it. you can disjoint something dangerous with your e but then lose control of the wave because you can't push or break freezes without its aoe. the skill is so fundamental to everything he does and has such a long starting CD that using it poorly really hurts.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

there are always people who stick around through controversy because they're prone to loss aversion. sometimes they can keep even a seemingly dying game on life support for ages.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Elman posted:

I randomed every game :v: My favorite hero was Chen but I'll play whatever. The only heroes I didn't like were hard carries because I like having a high impact in the outcome of the game and there's only so much a hard carry can do early game besides farming and praying their team will hold the fort for 30-40 minutes. I loved playing a support and winning every lane for my team but they're weaker here, so far I prefer casters.

I'll probably like jungling since that seems like the closest thing to a roaming support that messes with every lane (much like Chen), but I can't try it till I unlock smite at lvl10.

if you like unconventional jungle clearing and supportive roaming give Ivern a try

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

"I hear a man likes a lady with legs" - Brood Mother, Defense of the Ancients 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Bleck posted:

Is there a way to beat Teemo as Yorick in top lane, or do I resign myself to a terrible fate?

You need to land E and get good Ws off, preferably after his blind is down. If you can keep him from kiting long enough you'll win an all-in, but that's much easier said than done.

• Locked thread