Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Windspeaker Karma is so fun and feels much cooler than "falls off after first back" Karma.

Ult-shield, Aegis, spam passive, ult shield again, :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Taric is rad. More than lane matchups I think he's an amazing pick for enabling a carry top, like a Shen who doesn't just watch his ADC get bullied by matchups he can't all-in on.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

exethan posted:

why is elder dragon significant in your statement??

45 ms from Clouds becomes 67.5 with Elder, yeah?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Libertine posted:

My friend played Zac "support" once and it was just him slingshotting to death on respawn

But if you're ahead then you're slingshotting to a kill on their respawn, therefore

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
One big thing to clear up: Kled's green health and Skaarl's grey health are mutually exclusive. Kled's health only grows with levels and it's the lowest base health in the game.

Anyways, Kled and Gnar come off as similar but their identities around the bar are completely different.
Gnar plays kite-and-chase unmounted and transforms into a massive wall with huge aoe cc that directs the flow of teamfights. This massive power is gated by his rage depletion and cooldown.

Kled is all FORWARD, all day. Untransformed his range is super short and his q carries two charges. Statwise, his damage scalings are all bonus AD except for his unmounted autos doing 80% of his full AD. He has %-health damage if he chooses tankiness but is most heavily rewarded for itemizing offensively for a few items.

When mounted he wants to skirmish and run a champion down with his CDR-boosted tow rope, and his ultimate can make great picks. He's a bruiser first and he doesn't punish a mob of enemies collapsing onto him like Mega Gnar would with a gamechanging combo—he has a moment of respite if collapsed on, where his team can follow up, but that's it. He has synergy with teamfighting champs but doesn't bring it himself, in other words.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 27, 2016

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's still one bar, so I'm pretty sure LDR doesn't care if the Lizard is around or not, it just cares what the maximum bar actually is.

This. The champion's max health is always the same, split between the two units.

remounting is not considered healing and Skaarl will come back with a percentage of health based upon his level, except that after completing a recall he comes back with full health.

Lulu's ult is specially coded to interact with the champion as it only gives health to Kled unmounted, or Skaarl mounted.

According to the designers, healing sources prioritize Skaarl when mounted and then will spill over onto Kled. People have talked about strange interactions with bloodthirster and hexdrinker shields and I didn't see the rioters build either so it's just hearsay. They did build Death's Dance in the toplane which was awesome because unmounted Kled would be momentarily saved by the passive and then mount.

Jungle camps do not build up the courage bar, which impacts his early jungling clear a lot and leaves him open to invades. He does have a gank opportunity at level 2 with red buff as his dismounted q and mid-range autos can provide good kiting.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i would like another overpowered-lichbane patch again, just so I can build it on everyone

Runeglaive-Nashors Ori ftw.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah but what about all the people not looking at you when you emote

why would i care about the people who aren't in my game

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sexpansion posted:

Normally I don't care about this poo poo but I feel like I really deserved an S+ here.

I feel like they count kill participation cause when you have a team that just runs a train of killing all game everyone gets the S/S+, whereas when it's two separate carries with like 2 assists each no one seems to get the S+

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm the guy who goes top Yasuo and takes the jungle farm while pushing up both side lanes with TP at all times and gets an S+ after losing and going 5/4/2

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I still just dont understand how riot talked up a big game when they reworked Soraka about how healers need a level of counterplay instead of just sitting on the outskirts of battle spamming heal, when her original Q already rewarded her for sitting between as many enemies as possible without dying. Why change that into "stand 800 units away and come into occasional range to heal and shoot off Starfalls at the enemy frontliners that will always land because they're preoccupied and/or CC'd"?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

C'mon I'm like three champs away from completing the pokedex

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i've heard whispers of the fabled techniques wielded by legendary rek'sais who would "control vision" with "strategic" prey seekers. i'm just a monkey who fires it point-blank before unburrowing on someone's rear end because optimal burst combo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Radical posted:

riot might as well give aatrox the gangplank treatment and kill him because he basically doesnt exist at this point

Well, he wouldn't die even if you killed him.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lord_Magmar posted:

Aatrox in the lore is actually sort of interesting, he shows up in wars on the losing side and drives them to make a victorious comeback that ends with them performing atrocities upon the enemy side.

It just hasn't been translated well into game-play or character design. Like his wings are meant to look like tattered banners but just look silly. He also lacks any way to make a losing team turn around, at least in my experience.

The loss of devourer really hurt him too as the replacement item doesn't work nearly as nicely with his w.

I actually wish they would give him Sion's original ultimate, at least then you can do something to drive your team on through a hard fight.

I thematically and epically turned a shitton of games around as Aatrox right after hitting Sated, though my teams might've argued that my afk farm was the reason we were behind to begin with

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gortarius posted:

I like Aatrox only because you can reliably solo dragon from level 3 onwards and that's really the only thing I do with him. Stay in jungle farming and go kill dragon as soon as he spawns.

Unfortunately the dragon buffs are pretty poo poo unless you can stack 3 of the same type of buff by some miracle.

Basically even if you get every single dragon your team is still at a disadvantage because you have Aatrox on your team.

Get a rage blade and pray for infernals lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

now when will they give us back old shen

better yet, put him in the game alongside current shen so that both teams can pick him. bring back the two shen glory meta

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
shen tip: instead of aiming for optimal sword placement, land your taunt and then stand on them with sunfire. it's simple, it's good. as long as that's preserved, who cares what riot changes his Q and W to next?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah yes, jungle winrates. the most valuable number out of context. well, here's your worlds jungle meta

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
not complaining if that actually happened. Insec's fiddle game was the coolest poo poo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah Skarner is great if you can get ahead and close out like they did--Samsung? But a jungler ideally has utility in economy situations or when behind, which Skarner doesn't accomplish when the other team can afford QSS. He definitely has pocket-pick status though, especially if it's against Elise or Nid.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the JPEG artifact shield. clarity!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Taciturn Tactician posted:

B) Never more than three kinds of elemental dragon in the same game

wait. why the hecks??

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Work Friend Keven posted:

Prevents possibly captain planet appearing

when the world needed him most, he vanished...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Luna Was Here posted:

I mean a number of those are probably smurf accounts. hell imaqtpie probably has like 100 different accounts

The number they give is 1.4% of the earth's population. I don't think there are enough riven alts to disrupt the sense of scale there.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if you kill the new champ, the jungle becomes a deathtrap until he respawns.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tired Moritz posted:

oh gently caress, is this the champ that can make bushes??

I never played in beta so I'm excited

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I hope the next champ's mini game is Sheep Tag.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm glad for more Precure dances

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm impressed by $815, which comes out to about a dollar a day ending this last spring when I took it easy. before accounting gift cards, even. "No, grandma, I don't need more socks for xmas. But uh, I really like burger king and "

E: ^ I hope they never update the commando splashes. I love them so much

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sexpansion posted:

Apparently this source is pretty decent, so who knows.

the Owen guy has some inside source he talks to, yeah. I remember him leaking Ekko as a "time-based assassin from piltover," apparently super early on in the design phase before they made him a cc tank!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dicks assassin posted:

What other cool ADCs can I take toplane to be an rear end in a top hat. There's Quinn, Teemo, Graves, Morde, and who else? Is toplane Vayne a thing?

Gnar and Yasuo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Hopefully they become aware of this.

E: There are dozens of posts on reddit. I'd laugh if he gets disabled for Worlds.

it sounds like you need a script for this. at the very least it's something you need to consciously exploit and obviously no pro player is gonna do that, so he'll probably be untouched

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Bholder posted:

Oh come on, where is the very cheesy anime intro music?

i waited a while for the rest of your post to load

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Work Friend Keven posted:

How does he compare to support velkoz

how does any champion hope to compare to support velkoz, really

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tired Moritz posted:

Yay, a jungler that I will never need smite on.

the enemy jungler can just walk in and take your poo poo if they see this, and gently caress you up for the rest of the game. smite is how you get your free buffs.

also, you know. dragon. baron. maybe herald.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Garen.

Firebert posted:

His jungle clear looks godawful; the amount of prep he has to do and how low he gets is just begging to get invaded and murdered by any jungler/mid/support. Hats off to Riot though, he is loving bizarre.

if he starts red he can snare, create bush, and then let loose his red buff autos and get away easily. if he starts blue he's super safe after smiting raptors and red.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rabidsquid posted:

ive actually seen crit garen snowball out of control but based on the item purchase history this one did not

I'm the alternating elixirs of ruin and wrath for 20 minutes (no really, I've done that a lot)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rabidsquid posted:

i like your 21 death "support" annie who inexplicably bought a dark seal at 6 minutes and literally never purchased a pink ward and also warded 16 times in 51 minutes

relevant summoner name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Servaetes posted:

If you're a giant weenie playing 15 minutes of farm is an option but I'll definitely try to kill you in lane rather than some wussy agreement to farm off and no rush til 20

every pro guide ever: "as you can see here, when you freeze your wave near tower like this the enemy is forced to sit back and farm their ranged creeps with abilities"

actual top lane: yasuo tanks two tower shots to wail on me. i chase him past our minions and we start rollign on the ground scratching each other. repeat

• Locked thread