Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Hebo is hard as poo poo to get away with playing but you get rewarded with one of the best voice packs in the Hebro skin. VEJ.

If you do want to play him it helps to really be on the ball with your actives, since he is so all in you have to beads something clutch and aegis an ult or blink in and delete someone and hit a couple other people with your ult. Sometimes you end up being a suicide Hebo and you just have to get your damage off before you get murdered and hope your team cleans up.

I think of Hebo and Anubis similarly, I want them to be buffed somehow but with the damage output they have its hard to say how without making them OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

cyclonic posted:

Matchmaking might have caught up to you.

Ideally there shouldn't be some comp that always wins/loses.

Your right that there shouldn't be an unbeatable comp. The problem with matchmaking catching up to you in this game is that it means you get a teammate(only one if your lucky) who does stupid poo poo while the enemy team gets a full team of average players.

Its so bizarre that the matchmaking is designed to punish you for going on a hot streak. Thats what ELO hell is, good enough to do well for yourself but not good enough to carry so hard you make up for the liability you get matched with.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Her kit as a whole is good. Mostly the taunt though.
Compared to a lot of the newer gods she isn't op, just still relevant.

I'm just salty and miss older versions. The changes they are making as a whole are making the game less interesting to me.

Bring back old Arachne ult.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

cyclonic posted:

I don't agree with this entirely. I don't like the idea that you can pick a top tier god and fit them into any comp and be fine.

Chronos is a hyper-carry, up there with some of the hardest hitting gods in the late game (there was a SPL game recently where Lassiz's Chronos one-shot an Isis for 3/4 of her health). There needs to be a phase where he is weak.

I like the concept that if a god is weak in a certain area, a team comp can be "built around them" - like how Ah Puch was played in this amazing game. Artemis/AMC are considered liabilities because the enemy team can camp them during their early game. But there are plenty of gods that can guard them (Khepri, Geb, Sylvanus; even junglers with CC in their kits like Hun Batz, Thor) but nobody plays this way. Instead they want a god that's strong throughout all phases and can hold their own. And since these strong gods exist, Artemis/AMC aren't picks. They want gods that are strong throughout all phases, and can fit into any comp.

But instead of buffing Artemis/AMC up to be on par with Chronos, everyone should be brought down to where Artemis/AMC/Ah Puch is and where Chronos was. Why is Bellona allowed to win lane against almost every match up, and still be a huge threat late game while building pure tank? Why is Sol able to clear easily, be one of the safest gods to play, shred towers almost faster than any other god, and dish out almost free poke (and prior to her Poly nerf she was able to completely poke people out of late game team fights) ? Why does Janus clear easily, have good cc, hits like a truck late game, and has unrivaled mobility (and therefore a safe pick)? Why does Ao Kuang have the potential to one-shot squishies, a no-skill ult (since it auto-locks on a target - compare this to Loki or Thanatos ult) that let's him teleport safely (AND now lifesteals so he can "get back in the fight"), AND get base defense stat buffs?

Compare Bellona building pure tank vs. Chaac building pure tank. Compare Ao Kuang to Thanatos. Compare Janus to Ra. There needs to be some kind of weakness to reign in these top pick gods because I think it would make for some very interesting comps and fights. I want to see more games like the Ah Puch game I posted, not the games I'm seeing now.

I mean, imagine a comp building around Artemis/AMC so that a late game team fights nets them a pentakill - a literal "guard the carry and let the carry carry" team fight. Or a team with flex picks (Athena, Chaac, Chronos, Kali, Ra) and the enemy team tries to counterpick and guesses wrong (Athena jungle, Kali ADC, Chaac solo, Chronos mid, Ra support that transitions into Chaac frontliner, Athena/Ra peeling for Kali/Chronos).

This is what has made the game less fun for me than it used to be. I think its cute in SPL games when the caster asks how some lane matchup goes because the real answer is usually "both gods have great clear and good survivability, and an excellent early/mid/late game". When you fill the game with gods that are just good at everything all the time it makes it less fun to play and less fun to watch. I was excited when they talked about retooling stuff so gods tended to shine more early or late but nothing came of it.

Also while Scylla and Apollo and whoever else got tickle buffed might see a resurgence into the meta its not actually because the changes are a big deal, Scylla and Apollo are already good gods that are completely viable even if they lose a little gold early game to a tower.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Basically said something to the effect of "if you're so weak that you refuse to get a hold of your life with depression and just get up and solve your problems so you commit suicide, good". Then tried to spin it in every way he could and how he didn't mean it that way blahdy blahdy blah latest episode of DMFucknuts Is A loving Twat. He's incapable of not being an overflowing toilet of a human being and is just blaming everyone taking things out of context or blowing things out of proportion, and refuses to accept that his constant shitgurgling while on the clock being paid by Hi-rez isn't a very good color for them and that it's his own fault entirely (well, also Hi-rez for not reigning him in). Sure he talks about it in that, but he still tries to deflect blame to everybody but himself. He just "has a flair for the extreme".

This is pretty much all anyone needs to know about DMBrandon. I never liked his casting because he spends so much time trying to criticize SPL players builds and plays it just makes him insufferable, so good riddance all around.

As for Geb builds he definitely benefits a ton from CDR. Winged Wand, Breastplate of Valor, Spirit Robe and the new Genjis are all good. Gem of Iso is not great unless your able to really make that passive do work, cuz thats all you really get out of it for almost 3k gold. I feel like the only real place Sov or Heartward shine is in assault, and Mystical Mail is usually better served by a cheaper item. Geb does poo poo for damage no matter how you build him unless you hit good ults, so its usually better to have your shield and ult up as much as possible.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
I think they basically path like lane minions but prefer gods over minions. They are stupid as gently caress and the best way to confirm their damage is to get pretty much in melee range and use them. Hirez should really really make them less stupid as a small buff and quality of life change. But then you would see more of one of the stupidest ults in the game so I kind of hope they don't.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Pretty sure fairness is not a huge factor in designing the MoTD.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
I remember for like 5 minutes Hirez or some 3rd party tried to do competitive arena and it was the lamest most unfun turtle poo poo ever.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Its god the little Chronos wing things, no staff though.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah most rekits I can think of have been pretty lame and taken away a lot of the uniqueness of the god. I guess Kali was ok, but Arachne, Odin, Nu Wa and Vulcan all took out really fun interesting parts of the kit.

Shake n bake and Arachne pulls were so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPbmAbFLow&t=30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_r20ZNfzM&t=20s

For those that aren't familiar

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

Knee posted:

Nothing can stop Nox's channeling... not even death (sort of).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdfROW4coQ&t=178s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS3_kTQjfZk&t=145s

I recommend watching all the "Smythbuster" episodes. Some neat stuff in there.

5 total:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjpQkvF9mwrceoyxpn8n5d4v7oLp6fD1N

Fake Edit: It's a bit difficult to link a YouTube playlist.

These are really cool, Nox is a massive sleeper and someone in the SPL is going to wreck with her at some point and she will have her day in the meta(also Agni). Fenrir used to shred objectives in his ult, I don't remember when they changed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Raijin checks all the boxes for what a lot of teams want in a mid mage. He has a leap/dash thing that can get out of rings and cant get Awilix ulted. He has good aoe damage, and he has an ult that can secure GF/FG and do a lot of damage/control from a safe distance. I think he will win more when people stop trying to make him this silly all in mage and try to set him up more.

• Locked thread