Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jose posted:

why is iowa of all places so important

We must know what the white people want, which is why we beg Iowa and New Hampshire to tell us. Iowa goes first because He Who Walks Behind The Rows must be heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

District Selectman posted:

Can't wait for Clinton/Cruz to happen and YCS to collectively melt down

If Cruz doesn't win I hope dark sorcery gives it to JEB:( for maximum hilarity.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jerusalem posted:

Please let this be as insane as last time :getin:

Last time Romney got punked by Santorum. This time Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are battling for first place. It's already at least as insane.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jerusalem posted:

Until Wolf Blitzer turns to the camera and assures the audience that CNN did NOT force an old woman out of bed to give them caucus results, we're still below peak beautiful insanity.

Wolf Blitzer saying something pantsshittingly stupid is a given, so I don't know why you're holding out on that count.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Emanuel Collective posted:

They also disenfranchise anyone who can't physically be at a certain place exactly by 7pm due to work, health issues, child issues, etc. Sorry folks!

This is my guess as to the cause of the most hilarity tonight. Trump supporters showing up late and not being let in. Also Trump supporters causing a giant ruckus when they've got to listen to all the boring procedure poo poo before they can make 'Merca great again.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
With the Trump bloodfeud going on, will Fox be the most entertaining network to watch?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BGrifter posted:

Mike Tyson can lead a crew of MMA fighters and boxers who's job is to knock out all the caucus goers and stack them in the Trump corner like cordwood.

Just wait till Nevada, my friend. Dana White and Mike Tyson gonna lead the state to the promised golden land of gently caress you got mine punchmen.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

UrbicaMortis posted:

I don't think anyone who doesn't care that much about politics is going to turn up to a caucus.

I believe 2008 holds the current record for caucus turnout, and a massive 10% or so of the total population turned out.

I'm going to laugh so hard if this is a new record but it's all on the Democratic side and Trump comes in 3rd.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Jesus this is some bad statistics talk on MSNBC. 3 people since the 80s have won both Iowa and NH, so Bernie has it in the bag if he wins both.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Possible! There's no printed ballot. You can vote for anyone at a caucus.

poo poo, Reagan's desiccated corpse may yet win this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why do we start with iowa

White people need a voice in the process.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who on the dems has red stickers? o'malley?

If it looks like miracle whip swag, it's MOM.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
drat, I forgot that Iowa was on fake Central Time. Glad I haven't started drinking yet.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

No one knows how to respond to an enthusiastic JEB supporter. They're going to have to ask the liberal gay muslim caucus goers they're more familiar with what to do.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yo so they say the doors close in half an hour. what happens if some people are still in line when they do? are they turned away?

Gonna be some fantastic rioting by late Trumpites.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JosefStalinator posted:

Does Iowa have any mosques?

According to Wikipedia, 1 in Cedar Rapids. Humbly called the Mother Mosque of America.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

pathetic little tramp posted:

So if these turnout numbers hold out, we're in fact getting Trump and Hillary right.

Have to wait and see which side the throngs choose to caucus in. It could be vast throngs of Bernites with small pockets of vocal Trumpites.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Human Crouton posted:

Come on Iowa. You chose Huckabee and Santorum the last two times. Don't embarass yourself again.

Which choice is the non-embarrassing choice, Kasich?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Boosted_C5 posted:

Separate sites for GOP and DNC

Wonder how many Trump supporters will accidentally show up at the Democratic sites.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it is getting packed at the school I'm at. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Try and get an Kucinich upset at your precinct. You've got nothing to lose except having to walk across the room to a viable group after the first round.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CNN saying people registering to vote for Trump, and AGAINST him. Anyone buying it?

Entirely plausible. Trump supporters are far more likely than other supporters and anti-Trump goers to make noise for their candidate.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Free Beacon is the only outfit that knows what's up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Michael Corleone posted:

Hoping Trump and Bernie win tonight, Trump more of course. Also, in the case of a recount I voted yes for Trump getting stumped by accident, please change my vote to no if it comes down to it.

Nah, the pro wish is Cruz takes Iowa, Trump takes New Hampshire, and by the time SC is done they're the only ones left on the Republican side other than Rand Paul's quadrennial genetic drive to grift.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josh Lyman posted:

"You can imagine this playing out like a scene from West Wing." -CNN on Hillary having 2 speeches

No way the entire state of Iowa has enough hallways for it to be like West Wing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Taking pride in horrible political beliefs.

Lol at MSNBC going with too early to call, everyone who actually had a chance has a chance. Based on entrance polls.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pakled posted:

Republicans with a higher percentage of new caucus goers than Democrats. Interesting.

Not surprising, the Republicans usually have a higher turnout than Democrats.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

I'm not sure I agree with Chuck Todd's analysis that moderate turnout for the GOP caucuses favors Trump.

Yeah, Trump supporters tend to be crazy side conservative. They're not moderate folks coming out because they have a perfectly mainstream loathing of Mexicans and Muslims.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prorat posted:

This is where Ivankas fine rear end nudes get "leaked" and Trump gets ALL the votes.

C'mon nudes!

The wardrobe malfunction that changed the face of American politics.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lid posted:

will cnn have holograms this year

IS there a year where CNN doesn't have holograms?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Prediction:

Claims of crazy turnout are overblown and Trump and Bernie still lose. Cruz and Clinton pull out the win.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So on the Iowa results page, why the hell did they chose a slightly different shade of red than Clinton for MOM? There's 3 people, go wild with the colors. The Republicans have way more people and far less closeness in color.

Not that it's going to actually matter, but still.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is that a French flag the MOM guy on MSNBC was wearing, or just a dumb Iowa flag?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can Iowa do the nation a solid and give Rubio 2nd and Trump 3rd? That'd be fuckin sweet, corn dudes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Looks like MOM is out. Now I need to call my mom tomorrow because I feel a little bad about how badly he got destroyed.

Shouldn't have let your HBO portrayal actor move on to Littlefinger, dude.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ted Cruz is not electable

Yes, this is why I want him to run the tables on this stupid, stupid poo poo. Candidate most punchable face in the world saying stupid poo poo is extremely my poo poo.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Cruz wins.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

We know Rubio is going to rebuild the military because he supports.... boots on the ground.

I hear we shamefully have fewer battleships in our glorious navy than we did in WW1. Also less blessed troops than the height of WWII.

Shameful, Obama. Shameful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really wish you could win the primary Bernie-san. But we're stuck with Hillary.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Just to reiterate what I think has been made clear tonight: Caucuses own

Super own.

Though I really don't understand why the networks are still going with too close to call. It seams like the vast majority of outstanding precincts are in counties Clinton is winning by several percentage points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

I'm sure a lot of you took my posts about caucuses being great tonight as sarcastic, but they were not. This is a much better process than letting states run it which all state parties should adopt.

Having to argue over your vote is totally cool. Unless that results in my candidate losing, in which case it's undemocratic as all gently caress.

• Locked thread