Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Can anyone recommend a decent PC controller? Rumble not required

Get an Xbox One controller, that way you won't have to worry about translating button prompts in your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Wish DS4 support would be more native :(

You and I both know that will never happen.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Actually, are the One controllers much of an improvement over the 360 and knockoffs? Never actually even held one now that I think about it.

I think they're a lot better, even moreso in the case of the Elite controller. The biggest improvement is the D-pad but I also much prefer the triggers and bumpers on the new controller.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

It's like the 360 controller where I can just buy any old wired one and it Just Works®, right, or do I have to buy a PC-specific version

There's only one version of the controller, and it comes with Micro or Mini USB to USB cable that allows you to just plug 'n' play. If you need to do wireless though, you'll need to buy a separate dongle that only works on Windows 10

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Another month of PC getting Arkham Knight quality ports.

Their dreams of a no more consoles future has come crashing down quicker than the microsoft office 365 servers.

What happened this time, I know Tales of Symphonia was bad, but wasn't Tomb Raider pretty good.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

Not sure what happened with them. I remember AMD being THE choice at one point. Maybe it was a fever dream.

When was this, I don't ever remember a time in which people weren't bitching about games only working on Nvidia on launch day.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that doesn’t really seem to have taken off tbh. Xenoblade (a port), Binding of Isaac (a port), has there been anything else?

Besides what the other guys said, any game that utilized the Circle Pad Pro will take advantage of it:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [11]
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Japanese version only)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Dynasty Warriors VS
Nano Assault EX
One Piece Unlimited World RED
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2nd
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
Steel Diver: Sub Wars
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
IRONFALL Invasion
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Moon Chronicles
Picross e (Japanese version only)
Galaxy Force II
After Burner II
Final Fantasy Explorers
EX Troopers
Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood

Some of those are JP only but it's more than I expected when I went to google it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I don't think so. Think it had God in the name. I just asked in the Vita thread, we'll see if I'm just misremembering

God Eater is the series you're thinking of.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

This post reminded me eventually of playing Virtual ON in my university arcade, that would fit your bill completely but I have no idea if that series even exists anymore

Sorta, they released the final version of Oratorio Tangram on 360 and there was a Japanese region-free release of Virtual-On Force (the fourth and most recent entry in the series). Force is a little different in that it's 2v2 like the Gundam games but a lot slower than any of the previous Virtual On games.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Someone needs to put a bounty on the Capcom Employee who's been holding Powerstone hostage.

It's like what Arena Fighters should be, but they found out Powerstone was too good and they had to seal it away.

I remember there being an arcade game in Japan that looked a lot like a spiritual successor to Power Stone. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about. I think remember seeing tournament footage on the acho youtube channel.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Snak posted:

This Ys franchise, which I have never heard of before, has piqued my interest. Playing the demo for Origins right now on steam, but unfortunately I only have mouse+keyboard :barf:

I would definitely play this type of game with a proper gamepad. I wonder if my 10+ year old usb gamepad still works...

Buy an Xbox One pad, there are plenty of other great Steam games that are infinitely better with a controller.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Stux posted:

both of these are absolute poo poo actually. get a ds4.

I agree that the Steam controller sucks, but what's so terrible about the xbox one pad, or rather what's so much better about the ds4. I guess I should say I have the elite version, so maybe the normal one is really lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Stux posted:

btw enjoy the stick drift coming to a c ontroller near u ps the elite is the same lovely quality components as the OG but for $150

Eh, I've used it for about 3-5 hours a day since it came out and I've never had any stick drift, so I guess I'm just lucky.

• Locked thread