Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Scyther posted:

Having an extensive background playing D&D

abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Arivia tell me about the Bender quote and the memes. I didn't catch them in the least, because I have never watched Futurama and I generally mentally skip over memes.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Thanks for the clarification, I probably just forgot it completely :shobon:

PS: Please don't misuse "triggered."

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Countblanc posted:

what is the peach meme

PEACH=please examine and critique honestly

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Countblanc posted:

i'm glad they're saying "please"

Like most things on GiTP it's a smorgasbord of passive aggression and dancing around the fact that you're violating the rules by being an insuffferably passive aggressive dipshit, backed by rules that don't work as anything except as a hammer to slam down on people.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Y'all gotta stop hating on ground beef because it can get pretty dang tasty

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

ProfessorCirno posted:

Don't be ridiculous!

Monte Cook will never leave the d20.

No no, you see, players will roll multiple d20s.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

quote:

>Elaine discovers a map to a hidden pirate treasure and slowly murders the other adventurers so she can keep it all for herself. In the end, the treasure turns out to be friendship

I burst out laughing and was concerned I may have woken someone up.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Tossing my vote in for Martial Power & Divine Might.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there a dice-roller bot thingy for Discord?

https://www.carbonitex.net/discord/bots

I've used the RoboNitori bot, it's solidly functional.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Covok posted:

What game is currently the sparkle in every goon's eye for now? What's the new hotness, in other words, on these forums?

Godbound, Masks, The Sprawl, Urban Shadows, Fellowship, Breakfast Cult, Legends of the Wulin. Shadows of the Demonlord looks kinda neat.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

I think I've found the most evil PC plot ever;

Reading this is intensely setting off my internal "this is a stupid right wing metaphor for those darn SJWs and illegal immigrants :bahgawd:".

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Yeah, I kind of like it. It turn character creation into a kind of gambling. See how far you can press your luck. Do you like what you got? Maybe you shouldn't push for more. On the other hand, it would be real nice to get another couple points.

Okay, so caveat: I know jack all about Traveller, so my question is asked from a position that is entirely a) ignorance and b) nerd osmosis.

Aside from "hey dingus stop just rolling until you get exactly the character you want that has a .0000000000001% chance of happening, basically rolling until the loving stars align," why should I care if Jack, the Military Dude Who I Wanted To Create dies in chargen, when I can just easily continue rolling John, Cool Military Dude Who Coincidentally Resembles Jack, and so on and so forth, until I get the omnicompetent yet regularly complains about how his bones don't work right cool old dude character I want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

So how did everyone make out with gaming gifts?

I got nothing for Christmas.

As usual. :emo:

• Locked thread