Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
There seems to be a strong correlation between condemning the KKK and losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Actually Obama would just tweet a picture of Drumpf shaking his hand or hugging him without comment captain bow tie.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I'm really looking forward to the revisionist history of the Trump campaign where we all have to pretend this poo poo wasn't as racist as gently caress. Should only be 2 years out, tops.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm excited for an aging Trump to make an impassioned courtroom argument against teaching robot sentience in schools in 30 odd years.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fried Chicken posted:

Rest of GOP: Well let's not be too hasty here.

Primaries are still going on, we don't want to suppress voting!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shbobdb posted:

I'm excited for an aging Trump to make an impassioned courtroom argument against teaching robot sentience in schools in 30 odd years.

I would not be surprised if he was actually gravely ill given the doctor who wrote that letter about him being basically the last son of Krypton.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

RuanGacho posted:

Actually Obama would just tweet a picture of Drumpf shaking his hand or hugging him without comment captain bow tie.

Has this actually happened or will the Christieghazi conspirators have to work their photoshop magic?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

FAUXTON posted:

I would not be surprised if he was actually gravely ill given the doctor who wrote that letter about him being basically the last son of Krypton.

I know MDs, I work with a lot of medical doctors and, let me tell you, they will say just about anything for a buck. And I promise you, Trump is willing to pay for a good review.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Has this actually happened or will the Christieghazi conspirators have to work their photoshop magic?

They've been at several events over the years so there is probably one like that.

FAUXTON posted:

I mean a brain tumor causing some Phineus Gauge type changes would make sense, except Trump has always been an rear end in a top hat

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Radish posted:

Exactly. GOP candidates have had easy mode for years where they are allowed to say lies, not explain their positions or how their plans are supposed to work, and use thinly veiled dog whistles to signal their base that they hate the right people without much, if any, sort of critique. Trump is just more in your face and unapologetic about it and pundits, party insiders, and the media in general are SHOCKED that this is happening.

The media is so used to the philosophy of "the truth is in the middle" and quietly not calling out the norm of blatant lies and delusions from the other side as Serious People that it is a genuine shock to the system when someone like Trump pulls back the veil so blatantly and shows that the Emperor in fact has no clothes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

FAUXTON posted:

Isn't he a tea totaler and non smoker his whole life or some dumb poo poo.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Unzip and Attack posted:

In which a bunch of obese dipshits make fun of a Silver Star winning combat veteran while lauding the military prowess of a draft dodging chickenhawk who went AWOL from the loving Air National Guard during wartime and faced no consequences.

I'm ashamed to admit this poo poo worked on me in 2004. I was convinced Kerry was some hippie traitor who spat on his own brothers. Just a horrid reminder of how effective a smear campaign can be on those not following politics, or more importantly verifying the facts of each big statement.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Talmonis posted:

I'm ashamed to admit this poo poo worked on me in 2004. I was convinced Kerry was some hippie traitor who spat on his own brothers. Just a horrid reminder of how effective a smear campaign can be on those not following politics, or more importantly verifying the facts of each big statement.

Can I ask how old were you and how you could be so dumb? I don't mean it in a mean way, I'm just trying to understand.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

It scares me to think that people would just go along with Donald Trump overall.

They won't, right? I want some reassurance, because after all, it can't happen here...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tucker Carlson posted:

About 15 years ago, I said something nasty on CNN about Donald Trump’s hair. I can’t now remember the context, assuming there was one. In any case, Trump saw it and left a message the next day.

“It’s true you have better hair than I do,” Trump said matter-of-factly. “But I get more pussy than you do.” Click.

The message had all the hallmarks of a Trump attack: shocking, vulgar and indisputably true.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

Isn't he a tea totaler and non smoker his whole life or some dumb poo poo.

Teetotaler. It's a reduplication of the first T in total, similar to how you might say someone's a capital-A Atheist. And yeah, he is, but I'm sure his hair product abuse is evening out the ol' life expectancy there.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Real Life Candid Video of Tucker Carlson and Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgfPHP1w0I

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

fishmech posted:

You are not the base. The base is who consistently turns out, who consistently votes Democrat. who also, if they can afford it, consistently donates. They also make up a good deal of the party infrastructure.

Bernie Sanders supporters are rarely the base at all. That's kind of his whole thing - that he isn't a normal democrat. The base loves Hillary. The not-base? A whole lot less of them do. Get over your inflated self-importance, guy who probably won't bother to vote!

The Democratic Party is constantly doing things for the base. If you feel they're not doing anything for you, it's because you and people like you ain't the base.
I've mentioned before I prefer Bernie but will happily vote for either candidate but posts like this really make me want to break that promise out of sheer loving spite.

Quit making GBS threads on people who are 97% on your side.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
No one is 97% on fishmechs side.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

zoux posted:

Tell that to Republicans in '06 or D's in '94, sprinting away from your unpopular President in midterms happens all the time.
This is from several pages back, but these examples do not support your point. Quite the opposite.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

zoux posted:

Baller analysis!

No, that's literally true actually.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I am sure this tertiary reporting that is based on Politico "insider reporting" could not at all be misleading or untrue.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
New USPOL thread here.

But it's up to site or a mod to close this one.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am sure this tertiary reporting that is based on Politico "insider reporting" could not at all be misleading or untrue.

Are you really certain this is someone you want to defend to the hilt? She's pretty universally loathed, except by...well, you, zoux, and fishmech.

e: Which isn't an insult, to be clear - I like you and fishmech (and love watching zoux stepping on rakes), and think you both have good instincts a lot of the time. But DWS doesn't seem to garner much loyalty or love among her colleagues.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Majorian posted:

Are you really certain this is someone you want to defend to the hilt? She's pretty universally loathed, except by...well, you, zoux, and fishmech.

e: Which isn't an insult, to be clear - I like you and fishmech (and love watching zoux stepping on rakes), and think you both have good instincts a lot of the time. But DWS doesn't seem to garner much loyalty or love among her colleagues.

I do not and have not defended the job she has done. I have been clear she should have been ousted long ago.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

E: to the new thread

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I do not and have not defended the job she has done. I have been clear she should have been ousted long ago.

Fair enough, I should have read what you posted on the topic. My bad.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Pretty good critique on the failure of the Sanders campaign to reach voters of color in South Carolina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ggr4wQ4K8

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

E: to the new thread

site's on Alaska time and he probably just went to bed an hour ago. This thread probably won't get closed until AA wakes up unless someone starts spamming anime gifs or something.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the_paradigm_shift posted:

site's on Alaska time and he probably just went to bed an hour ago. This thread probably won't get closed until AA wakes up unless someone starts spamming anime gifs or something.

You rang?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Edit: ... I know I opened a new reply window for the new thread, how'd this end up here?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I still don't understand how the 'Dean scream' sunk Howard Dean. It was a goofy scream and the microphone was accidentally set too loud, so what? A lot of other people have resisted far worse gaffes, why was that enough to ruin him politically? :psyduck:

Most media outlets are owned by a handful of large corporations and if they don't want dean then they'll find something to hammer you with so you don't want him either.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Most media outlets are owned by a handful of large corporations and if they don't want dean then they'll find something to hammer you with so you don't want him either.

"No the people lead the process not the media!" - Serious People

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Full Battle Rattle posted:

This, and that was a time when there was a lot less "non-mainstream" media and the kids these days hadn't moved nearly as far left as they have now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fuckkk this makes me want to get pink lemonade now. That's American right? Regular lemonade on July 4th, pink lemonade on Super Tuesday?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 1, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This, and that was a time when there was a lot less "non-mainstream" media and the kids these days hadn't moved nearly as far left as they have now.

It's really amazing how social media has made the awfulness of conservatism common knowledge and basically poisoned all but the shittiest youths against the GOP.

Too bad I'll be dead long before they vote regularly enough to reclaim congress.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

LeeMajors posted:

It's really amazing how social media has made the awfulness of conservatism common knowledge and basically poisoned all but the shittiest youths against the GOP.

Too bad I'll be dead long before they vote regularly enough to reclaim congress.

Eh, another ten years or so we'll see big changes. Article I read this morning argued that 1/3rd of the voting population is now made up of "Millenials."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I will at least live to see Texas turn blue

I mean unless the GOP change anything they stand for even slightly in the next 10 years instead of just endlessly doubling down

How many states at this point are both red and net contributors in tax revenue? Just Texas maybe, and even then there's the huge "not counting border control/immigration" asterisk. CW2 is going to be a whole bunch of regions like Eastern Oregon trying to hop over to a different state but nobody will take them because they're a huge welfare drain

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 1, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Eh, another ten years or so we'll see big changes. Article I read this morning argued that 1/3rd of the voting population is now made up of "Millenials."

The problem is turnout. Old racist assholes turn out at incredible rates--young people are too busy working two jobs to pay off staggering student loan and medical debt and have to squeeze in early voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Shbobdb posted:

Can I ask how old were you and how you could be so dumb? I don't mean it in a mean way, I'm just trying to understand.

22, and likely my environment. I lived in a rural community and come from a military family. I was selling tires for Walmart of all places, and surrounded by mothers and wives of marines. Nonstop yellow ribbons and jingoism. I was already realizing that the Republican party was not where I belonged, but along comes Kerry; the worst possible candidate. My loathing of hippies and their supposed hatred of Are Troops took over at the worst time.

• Locked thread